Sign in to follow this  
nemesis59

is there a book about the

the vulcans' past? I really want to learn more about it. Especially during Surak's time and when he fought the romulans. Do you know what I mean? I just got a clue in the Enterprise episode, "the forge" that Surak fought against other vulcans under the raptor's flag(I had a feeling it would be the romulans) or something like that.

Just my opinion, but Spock's World was horrible.

The book failed on so many levels, that it would be impossible for me to list all my gripes. But a few of the main ones are that Diane Duane made Vulcans too similar to pre-Federation humans, at times the cultures seem indistinguishable. Then we have a Surak with all the appeal of a health and wealth gospel televangelist. And this guy changed the face of a civilization overnight? <_< Finally, the scenes of Vulcans annihilating an entire alien armada using only the collective power of their minds and then mentally projecting images of the destruction back to the aliens homeworld was too much. They're Vulcans, not gods.

Read it if you must, but you can't take it seriously as an historical text.

Edited by Captain Armstrong

Didn't the Vulcan's of that era posses a device capable of amplifying and focusing mental energy into a weapon?

Yes, see "Gambit" of TNG fame. It's called a 'resonator'.