Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Would you watch ENT if it wasn't Trek?

Would you watch ENT if it wasn't Trek?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you watch ENT if it wasn't Trek?

• Yes, I love this show!
    • Maybe, I'm not sure.
    • No, I only watch, because I'm a loyal fan.

This is a very good question, One I felt deserved a good answer.

First of all - If Enterprise wasn't a Trek show, It probably would have had a different name altogether. Since I am a Scott Bakula fan I would've checked it out, but I think my reactions would have been the same. I liked the series but it had a few flaws that I think, even if it weren't Trek it still would've turned me off.

Second of all Things for this series started off wrong from the very beginning.

1. Music - Although the song was catchy - it wasn't Trek Like. The music without the song would have been better, in my opinion.

2. Name - Right off the bat they didn't call it Star Trek, only adding it in after ratings took a deep dive.

3. Technobable - Lack of the technobable the other series used, that always made me think "Is that possible, could there be such a thing?" The jargons used were so 1990's instead of words that could be used in the future.

4. Newly created Aliens - You'd think we would have heard of some of these aliens within the other four series, since they were all set after Ent. Such a menacing diverse group and we never heard about them before; the Suliban:Xindi:Xyrillian I know we could all argue that there were aliens that are part of the Federation that we never heard of before - But I think it would have been better if first contact with all the known aliens were done first.

Yes, I would watch Enterprise as I love sci-fi and try to fill my viewing week with as much as I can. Though I must say of all the sci-fi Trek rules!

Can't stand some sci-fa shows though like Taken.

Mind you the only thing that annoyed me about Ent. was the obvious ratings grab attempt with the decontamination sequences. Annoying!!! and Unnecessary!!!

Edited by starsinmyeyes

I would have watched the series but I may not have stuck with it through the third season if it wasn't a Star Trek show which would have been a shame seeing as the fourth season was so good.

Yes I'd have watched Enterprise even if I didn't know it was a spin-off or trek related I tend to give new Sci-Fi shows a look see at least once if the 2 hour pilot is exciting enough I wait to see what I think of the upcoming eps to see if I stick with the series through its entire run and I enjoyed the Decon Sequences.

B) :klingon::klingon::klingon:

I put in No. I don't get much time to watch TV, so I have to be selective with what I allow myself. Therefore, if its not Trek, I'll have to pass. Besides, I only have one tv at home and it is a tight competition here. Everyone else wantt o watch their own shows.

Currently ENT shows on Saturday evening at 7. I definately won't be able to watch that cos other family members want to watch cartoon and other sitcoms. ENT repeats again at 10 pm and I try my best to catch that if the tv is free. Most of the time, I catch the repeat the following morning at 2:30 am while everyone is asleep.

That's why my vote is No.

Well, I bet the writer's might be able to pull it off. See, the thing is that there would be no ENT if there was no TOS or even TNG. Half the episodes are based off things laid down in TOS.

But still, it would be interesting to see what it would be like without it being Trek. :laugh: