Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Would you watch ENT if it wasn't Trek?

Would you watch ENT if it wasn't Trek?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you watch ENT if it wasn't Trek?

• Yes, I love this show!
    • Maybe, I'm not sure.
    • No, I only watch, because I'm a loyal fan.

Yes, I would watch it just because it's science fiction and I've always loved science fiction. I always try to watch a new science fiction show, at least a few times to determine if I like it. I think in the case of Enterprise, I would definitely keep watching it even if I didn't know anything about Star Trek.

I am not sure, if I am honest. But I tend to say YES. :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I put I'm not sure. I really like other science fiction (Farscape, SG-1) shows but haven't kept up with them much (usually because of my own scheduling.) That's not to say I just stick with star trek because of name sake, I use to watch this really great show called Good Vs Evil which was about an underground orginization fighting hell spawns called Morlocks. Sadly it was canceled after the second season. Nowadays I just watch anything Star Trek, ER and on occasion wrestling.

I would definitely watch ENT even if it weren't Trek. I'm a fan of good scifi--I'm a loyal follower of SG1 and (the unfortunately cancelled) Farscape. Not all scifi is good, and therefor I do not watch. ENT is showing signs of developing into an excellent show.

If it wasn't Star Trek I wouldn't have even known of it's existance so I nulled my vote. My job schedule is 4pm to 12am Sunday through Thursday so when the show airs I am at work. The only way I was able to watch the entire first season (and most of the second season) was by downloading them. Were it not for the show being Star Trek I woudn't have bothered.

I voted maybe - but probably I would. I would have watched in the beginning because it was SciFi (which I always watch) and because it had Scott Bakula (who I always watch). If it wasn't for Trip, however, I'm not sure I would have kept watching it even though it was Star Trek. That would have been unfortunate because it has gotten quite good.

No

I barely watch it as it is. (I have seen less then 1/2 of the show)

ENT does not appeal to me. It just feels like the same old stuff and has very poor stories (with the exception to a few episodes).

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Lot's of fence-riders so far on this one..... interesting...

I'd definitely watch it. Captain Archer seems like a cowboy to me, and I love sci-fi shows that are like westerns - the main characters rush around fearlessly shooting everything that moves. Pretty primitive, but relaxing.

I put yes, I love this show. But I do not think the question is one that has been thought out very well.

First of all, Enterprise follows a very clear Star Trek format in both the adventures, characterisation, musical score (not including the title theme) and design of models and special effects, hence it is clear that this is a Trek show just by watching it. Also, to suggest that the show would be exactly the same had it not been a Trek show and not been under the same producers and production in general is not realistic. Without the guidance of the producers and history established by the previous shows, Enterprise would be a very different show which is why the question is impossible to answer.

No, I watch it because I am a loyal Star Trek Fan. I am hoping it will be stronger next year in it's plot and story lines. And that the characters will command more respect............For all of the Enterprise lovers out there, this is just my personal opinion.

Stardate:213537.7

I would say yes.I would watch it if I knew nothing about Trek becase Scott Bakula is in it.

Yes. I give most scifi shows a try and stick with the really good ones. Enterprise is a good one and it's going to get better.

Maybe. I might not be interested in it when it first comes one but might watch an episode if I'm bored.

hmmm, I doubt I would watch it since the only Sci-fi show I do watch is Star trek. It's a good thing that it is Trek, or I would have missed out on my fav. series.

I don't watch

stargate sg-1

atlantis

andromeda

battlestar galactica

x-files

or any other series that you can name in the Sci-fi genre that I can think of. Except for Futurama, love that show :lol:

I would have at least watched the first show as the idea for enterprise was a good one. IMHO I really think that the show would have been better if it was not trek. They would have had to change the star trek lore stuff but that could have been replaced with some imagination. It would have made the show more believable to me.

If it wasn't Star Trek I wouldn't have even known of it's existance so I nulled my vote. My job schedule is 4pm to 12am Sunday through Thursday so when the show airs I am at work. The only way I was able to watch the entire first season (and most of the second season) was by downloading them. Were it not for the show being Star Trek I woudn't have bothered.

53135[/snapback]

Adding to my initial post, once I would have discovered the show I would have watched it so my answer would be Yes. The hard part would have been discovering it, in general I only watch Football (I love my NFL Network), Star Trek, Survivor and a few Discovery shows. Recently I've been watching a lot of CSI also.

I would have probably watched at least a few episodes, and then decide if I would watch it. For instance I watched quite a few episodes of the new Battlestar Galactica, and finally decided I would not watch it.

I take back what I said about probably not watching it if it wasn't Trek. Now that I think about it, I probably would have given it a chance since I have liked Scott Bakula for many years, starting with Quantum Leap (which is another sci-fi show that I do actually watch) :(

I would rather stick a needle in each eye and stare at a blank TV screen for the episode time. :) Someone must have been drunk when coming up with that idea! :(

Good question. I'd have to say no. While I do watch other sci-fi, it's sporadic. Star Trek always sucks me in so I watched this & didn't love it.

Hmmm..hard to say. If I knew about it, yes since I watch Threshold. If it wasn't trek it probably would have never aired on UPN and therefore would have aired on another network, so I probably would have known about it and gave it a shot.

Enterprise might have fared better had it not had 4 previous series to stay in line with. I mean, it did a great job of doing that but the bounds may have been pushed further. Like the threat to Earth in season three would be that much more legitamite if we didn't know Earth had to survive.