Sign in to follow this  
MANVERU

Do you believe in a god/deity/after life?

Just curious I am.

I would like every one to share there own opinion.

Not what other people might think, not what the bible might say.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I personally hope there is some sort of afterlife but I don't believe in the teachings of the Bible and have no interest in worshipping a "God"

Your opinions?

And please don't turn this into a Flame fest

Cheers

Basically I'm a polytheist, but not an absolute believer. I'm open to the possibility that there could be any number of gods, only one, or none at all. As for an afterlife, I'm not convinced that there is one, but it would certainly be nice! I believe that we won't find out for sure what kind of afterlife there is - if any - until we get there.

Yes.

There is a God.

Yes.

There is an afterlife.

But not everyone will experience the same afterlife.

I strongly believe that our actions in this life determine the conditions of our afterlife. And not everyone that goes around with "Praise the Lord!" On their lips will share in salvation. I've run into my share of hypocrits and phonies in the Church (I myself still struggle on a daily basis to slay the worldly side of my nature and conform myself more into Christ's model). I've also meet many righteous men and women of all races, creeds, and backgrounds.

Though I know it's not popular or politically correct, my opinion is this:

Accept Christ as your savior and obey his commands. Spend eternity in Paradise.

Do anything else. Spend eternity in hell.

Most polls, even those conducted by non-Christians (and by those with a vested interest in the downfall of Christianity) will show that a majority of Americans, and even many Europeans (as well as other areas of the world such as Latin America and Oceana) agree with me.

Now, if only we Protestants and Catholics (and the half-million sub-divisions we've whittled ourselves into) could stop trying to stamp out one another long enough to carry the message of Christ to the world, this Earth would be a far better place.

Edited by admiralpeewee

Wouldn't a belief in an afterlife be influenced by what we believe we as humans are. I mean if we're just the physical realization of an evoluntionary improbability - what basis is there to believe in an afterlife?

If we do believe there is some essence of us that survives the death of our body then don't we need to define what that "essence" is.

Manveru, how do you define afterlife - do you think we continue to exist in some form that maintains our own identity? Is there a corporeal form to our future existence? In fact I am curious what all those that believe in an aftelife think about the corporeal form or individual identity?

Well, I do believe in a Pantheistic Deity, which is generally defined as:

The belief that every existing entity (humans, animals, etc.) together, is a part of God. The entire universe is divine. They do not view God in personal terms, as having a personality, having the ability to make decisions, able to interact with humans, etc.

Though I think that everyone has their own (fallible) interpretation of this God/Deity/Spirit/Force/Whatever, and that my personal view isn't any more valid then someone who, say, follows Islam. I don't believe in an afterlife -- which is not to say I don't believe that an afterlife is possible, merely that I see no reason to believe in one currently -- and while I do not believe in prayer for myself, I do think that it can be beneficial for some people and that it is therefore right for them.

Manveru, how do you define afterlife - do you think we continue to exist in some form that maintains our own identity? Is there a corporeal form to our future existence? In fact I am curious what all those that believe in an aftelife think about the corporeal form or individual identity?

Ooh, good question.

I was thinking about this over night.

And there is no real proof to say that there is indeed an after life/ a god/ a guy in sandles who clearly has some mental problems.

Take a guy called Anton LaVey.

I think that most people will know who he is and what he used to do.

He stated that the people create there own gods to explain natural phenomonons.

I completetly aggree with this.

As for an afterlife, i'm still 50/50 on this. Yes it would be nice to have some comfort of knowing that there will be something after the UNKOWN (death). But I also think that the people, just like creating gods, have created this "Afterlife" to explain what happens when the GREATEST mystery in the universe, which is death, when this occurs.

It completely makes sence to me.

If Christians choose to believe that they should bow down to a saviour. I'm not going to stop them, that's why we have freedom of speech.

Heck! for all we might know, there is a guy dressed in sandles pretending to be the son of God, a guy smoking a cigar, with horns on his head, craking a whip in the bottom depths of hell.

AH! The Devil!

This brings me onto another point LaVey stated (And yes I told everyone to have there own opinion), and which I completely aggree.

The People have created this "Dark Force" to stray people away from doing bad deeds.

They simply burn this simple phrase into their heads:

"You will go to hell if you do wrong"

Man oh man, If I were a kid back when Christianity was at it's peek.

I'd crap myself!!!!

But.

We are entering a new era of understanding, and I think now is the time for us to wake up and discover the truth!

Cheers

Well Manveru you confirmed my initial suspicion. This was not a thread to discuss what people actually believe concerning the nature the human of existence and its eventual direction.

It was merely a showcase for you to cast acerbic aspersions at what you "assume" or "presume" that others believe.

It may sound counter-intuitive but there are people who have answered similar questions in the past that had rather interesting answers that were not related to a belief in diety.

It could have been a interesting discussion.

Btw, freedom of religion is not merely a consequence of Free Speech, it is a separate First Amendment right.

I hope that we have a afterlife of some form (read in a book once how the same soul (Body) is both Male/Female and after a long time becomes more on a Higher level of Being more bright shall we say).

:blush: :angry: :laugh::tear:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Well Manveru you confirmed my initial suspicion. This was not a thread to discuss what people actually believe concerning the nature the human of existence and its eventual direction.

It was merely a showcase for you to cast acerbic aspersions at what you "assume" or "presume" that others believe.

It may sound counter-intuitive but there are people who have answered similar questions in the past that had rather interesting answers that were not related to a belief in diety.

It could have been a interesting discussion.

Btw, freedom of religion is not merely a consequence of Free Speech, it is a separate First Amendment right.

WTF?????????

You've got it all wrong.

I just wanted to see other people religious perspectives.

This sort of thing has been discussed before, but not in one big thread, it's been thrown all over the place.

I put this up to ask people. Not to sway them to my Religious point of view!!!