Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

Oh My God, Star Trek Enterprise Is Cool Again

I don't frequent this forum very much, but after watching Enterprise season 4 the last 5 weeks, I just couldn't resist writing this.

Last season, I decided not to watch it since I didn't really think the series was worth it because of seasons 2 and 3. Also, there are the gushers out there who always say, if you don't like it, don't watch it and I heeded thier advise. However, over the course of the season, I was hearing how much of an improvment it was and how much it really returned to being what we all know and love as a Star Trek series and I started regreting that descision. I decided given the fact that I love the mirror universe to start watching season 4 from In the Mirror, Darkly to the end, and I was starting to see that Enterprise did indeed improve. Hell, I'm one of the minority on this board who acutally thought TATV was just average, since it was pretty much dead on arrival given who wrote it. I couldn't believe the backlash against this episode, but given the fights between fans in this forum, that was another reason why I didn't come in here.

Anyway, I decided to watch season 4 finally and was glad when the Syndication schedule came out that most of the episodes were season 4. Before syndication had started, I watched from ITM,D to the end, Home, and Deadulus and was really excited when episodes like the Arik Soong arc and The vulcan trilogy (Which I was most looking foward to) were going to air. The soong arc was good, but in the interest of not rambeling, since I've probably already done that :dude: , I want to talk about the Vulcan trilogy and syndication as a whole.

I can't believe this is the same show who brought us the bad season 2, and the depressing anti-startrek Season 3. Based on the two episodes I've seen, The Forge and Awakening, this is exactly what I had wished Enterprise would have done at the beginning. The Forge was a classic episode that had so much emotion, chemistry, and the best of all, a sense of awe and wonder. It was so cool seeing references to Star Trek, with the IDIC pin, the Katra, The Selaht, and just single handedly, while making a whole hell alot of sense, making the Vulcans interesting and cool again. It was so sad seeing Forrest killed, but it was so cool having some respect for Soval and really starting to understand him. If there is one character I hated, it was he, but not anymore. He is one cool dude now. :eek:

Last night was part two, and while not as deep and really cool like The Forge was, it was still a damn good episode, and so far this arc is reminding me a lot of DS9's circle trilogy, which is a great thing since I think that trilogy is really underrated and set the stage for a kick *buttocks* season 2. Anyway, back to Awakening. I loved seeing the Pal-tor-Fan ritual being done, and I'm loving the complexity of the Syrinittes. I'm almost rooting for them, even though they are said to be a cult. They are the vulcans I know and love, so why not.

I've been seeing some posts saying that T'pol should be carrying the Katra, and while I do agree with it, I think I understand why Archer is. He is someone who has hated the vulcans pretty much his whole life. If Surak, who pretty knows archer now, makes him believe, It will be him, the hater, responsible for bring the whole culture back to the right path. It seems apporpriate and makes a heck of alot of sense if you think about it. Oh, and the scene when they were talking about Val'les making a preemptive strike on Andoria, and Trip ordering a course to that planet, I got up and cheered out loud. I've always wanted to go to Andoria, and it was a missed opportunity for the original series to go there, even though I understand thier reasons.

I'm sorry for this long post, (This is probably the longest post I've ever written on this board) but watching this show the last few weeks has got my psyched at what is to come. I want to say one more thing about the whole Syndication overall. The experiance is making me really nolstalgic for when I watched TNG and DS9 growing up with my family (More for TNG). You would have some great music with the logo before going to break, and then you would be treated to some great previews for next weeks show. I was always excited when the preview for the next show came on the screen. The show wasn't over until the next week's trailer came and they were damn good trailers every week. I get that same feeling with Enterprise in syndication. It's been at least 6 years since I felt this way, and thats one of the reasons why I'm so excited. Star Trek Enterprise just got cool again, and I can't wait till next week.

:dude:

Its out? When did that happen, Gonna run over to Tesco on my Dinner and buy it then. Oh and Yes enterprise is cool, Always has been but most people just didnt now it.

Enterprise has always been cool but few ever gave it a chance. Its like DS9 when it was first run. It always got trashed by Trek fans and nowadays people say it was the best Trek ever.

Enterprise has always been cool but few ever gave it a chance. Its like DS9 when it was first run. It always got trashed by Trek fans and nowadays people say it was the best Trek ever.

I wouldn't call it the Best Show Ever. They pretty much IMO had only one consistantly great season.

I want to talk about the Vulcan trilogy and syndication as a whole.

There is additional conversation about the Vulcan Trilogy in the subforum above rating Enterprise episodes.

I've just finished watching season 4. It was better than I thought it would be.

There is additional conversation about the Vulcan Trilogy in the subforum above rating Enterprise episodes.

I know, but I did it here in the interest of the discussion. Am I not allowed to talk about the episodes in the main forum?

I know, but I did it here in the interest of the discussion. Am I not allowed to talk about the episodes in the main forum?

I'm sure mj was only directing you to more info on your topic of interest.

Hey all

I havent seen one episode but now I have and yep I love Enterprise and will get all 4 seasons.

Brian

Edited by Takara_Soong

The biggest problem with Enterprise had was the network. UPN was not in all the markets in the US. That gave it a small pool of viewers than TNG and DS9. They also had budget cuts every season so the quilty in the show went down. Mostly it was in special effects and not in the story line. The 4th season was the best and 5th season would have been better thanks to new writters that where added on a little to late to help to save the series.

absolutely correct Odie! :laugh:

I don't have UPN, still don't. I never had the chance to watch Enterprise until it was released this year on DVD. I think I'm the voice of those who wanted to watch Enterprise, but couldn't because we don't have UPN or another station that carried it. You know that had to effect the ratings as well. If I missed it because of me not having the right station, how many out there did they lose because of the same problem? Probably a lot.

I just hope that we haven't seen the last of the 22nd Century crew, I'm dying to play a ENT video game, but low odds of that ever happening. The DVD sales of ENT are doing well, about a week before season four of ENT came out on DVD, it was at #12 as the most bought thing and it wasn't even released at the time. So I agree with Bakula who has said that he hopes the DVDs sell very well to show those at Paramount what they gave up.

I'm sure mj was only directing you to more info on your topic of interest.

This is exactly correct. If you were not allowed to start a new topic, or if we thought the topic was redundant, we would have merged threads.

For information purposes I was trying to point out that there are many additional interesting comments on

the Vulcan trilology in this forum, and where to find them.

I was just thinking about Enterprise again and thinking about how it's probably the most important storyline out of the entire franchise, some I'm sure beg to differ. Why I say that is because among other things we see the founding of the United Federation of Planets.

Everything seen on all of the other series happened and came about because of everything that happened in this series.