Sign in to follow this  
Dark Reality

Do we ever see the Breen unmasked?

You guys know the Breen... they're kind of hard to miss, being modeled after Princess Leia's bounty-hunter disguise she used to get her and Chewbacca into Jabba The Hutt's palace in Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi... well, towards the end of Deep Space Nine, a few characters point out that no one has ever seen them unmasked. Well, do we ever see them unmasked?

If not, I'm betting they're all Leia clones... since then the only one to have ever taken off its mask is the original, Leia in that costume.

I also like how they ripped off the Predator with the Nausicaans... those guys are bad. The Predator itself looks a little better, but I'd have to say the Nausicaans are the ugliest (in a good way) Trek alien ever. They should have been used a lot more...

Nope, the closest that we ever got to seeing them unmasked was in 2 episodes. 1 was "Indiscretion" and that wasn't a Breen it was Kira in a Breen uniform. The other was also Kira and was in "What You Leave Behind" I believe.

Other then that we never see the Breen helmet come off.

In one episode Weyoun said he had been to the Breen homeworld and actually found it comfortable. He also said that he believed that it was all lies and propaganda and Weyoun thought that they were actually furry looking and not scary at all.

Weyoun's also a liar, and a very slick one at that, so I doubt we can take anything he says seriously. I mean, the Dominion would be one to spread lies and propoganda before the Federation. Look at what the Dominion did to the Cardassians. (And don't bring up what Sisko did to the Romulans in "In the Pale Moonlight"; that's beside the point. :drool: )

Damn... it was in one of the later ones. I am 99% sure Ezri didn't say it. I'm not so sure Weyoun did either, but more him than her. If not Weyoun, then the female changeling... I am pretty sure the comment was made in the Cardassian command center the female changeling and Weyoun were always seen in.

I distinctly remember that it was in fact Ezri who did suggest that they were all furry. All Wayoun said was that the rumours of their homeworld were untrue, that the temperature was actually quite comfortable and that they won't say why the wear the suits. The only thing the female changling talks about is the Breen's success in battle, she never mentions their appearance.

I distinctly remember that it was in fact Ezri who did sugest that they were all furry.

Yeah, that was my memory too. It was just an "Ezri" kind of comment, the clip above is of her saying it in fact.

OK, I stand corrected... partially. I seem to remember a comment about their appearance made in the Dominion 'control room' on Cardassia Prime, though I could be wrong about that as well.

OK, I stand corrected... partially. I seem to remember a comment about their appearance made in the Dominion 'control room' on Cardassia Prime, though I could be wrong about that as well.

I don't remember that but it's possible. I'll have to go back and re-watch the Arc. Do you have an idea of which episode it might have been in?

I don't remember that but it's possible. I'll have to go back and re-watch the Arc. Do you have an idea of which episode it might have been in?

This arc justed started on Spike today with Penumbra if anyone doesn't have DVDs or other copies of the series.

No clue, sorry... and I could be mistaking something said on that set for what Ezri said in the jail cell. It would be easier if we had scripts for all the episodes, but if you're planning on re-watching the arc, by all means go for it. It's a good one.

On the topic of arcs, since DS9 is so interconnected with these arcs, when we start watching it, I'm going to start an Excel spreadsheet... listing episodes down the left side, and across the top, different categories. Like names of characters named in the title credits, X marks episodes "highlighting" specific ones... marking appearances by various extras (Weyoun, Winn, Nagus, Lwaxana, etc.), and also columns for the various arcs, including the relationships. When complete, it will be easy for, say, O'Brien fans to get a list of all the O'Brien episodes... all the episodes in the Sisko's Faith arc will be obvious... everything involving Kira's and Odo's relationships... Has anything like this been done?

No clue, sorry... and I could be mistaking something said on that set for what Ezri said in the jail cell. It would be easier if we had scripts for all the episodes, but if you're planning on re-watching the arc, by all means go for it. It's a good one.

Once again I'm sure nobody other than Ezri mentioned their appearance in that episode but I actually do have all the scripts here so if you'll bear with me a moment I'll check. Okay the scene in question comes in the episode 'Strange Bedfellows', checked the episodes before and after this one and still can't find anybody other than Ezri mentioning their appearance, neither Wayoun seven nor eight. I would have remembered any mention anyway.

On the topic of arcs, since DS9 is so interconnected with these arcs, when we start watching it, I'm going to start an Excel spreadsheet... listing episodes down the left side, and across the top, different categories. Like names of characters named in the title credits, X marks episodes "highlighting" specific ones... marking appearances by various extras (Weyoun, Winn, Nagus, Lwaxana, etc.), and also columns for the various arcs, including the relationships. When complete, it will be easy for, say, O'Brien fans to get a list of all the O'Brien episodes... all the episodes in the Sisko's Faith arc will be obvious... everything involving Kira's and Odo's relationships... Has anything like this been done?

Not that I know of, it could be quite a useful feature for the site.