Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Revenge of the Sith Is Out Tomorrow

Deleted Scenes

There are six deleted scenes in various stages of completion, from totally complete to mixed with animatics. As alluded to earlier, none of these are integrated into the release. Each has an introduction, as well as the reason for leaving it out of the movie.

The one fans really were most disappointed to see left out of the movie is Yoda's exile to Dagobah. It's very short, under a half minute and basically just shows Yoda arriving on the swampy planet. Now, oddly enough, the reason George gives for not including this scene is a bit of a contradiction. He states it was left out because we know where Yoda goes. Well, we do, because all of us today saw the movies out of order. If the plan really is to have future audiences see them in order I - VI, as everybody in Lucasfilm professes, George included, then how his is this a reason to leave it out? Having said this, I'm not personally arguing for leaving it in, I'm just pointing out the reason is lame (Sorry George)

As it turns out, after watching the six deleted scenes, I feel like the most important missing scene was the third of a three-part set of shots referred to as the "Padmé and Rebel Alliance series". It focuses on the beginning of the rebellion led by Bail Organa and Mon Mothma. In it the group confronts Sidious, during which we get more of a hint of Sidious’s power hungry nature and the way in which he’s controlling Anakin. This is really important information to the story, but it's obvious all three scenes take the focus off Anakin, which George reminds us is what the story is really about. From a historical perspective, however, these make a fine addition to the story. It also gives us a chance finally to see George’s daughters and Bai Ling, all left out of the final cut.

The other two cut scenes show the death of Shaak Ti at the hands of Grievous, and the subsequent escape by our heroes from certain death. This is the scene that we all knew was being made in water and includes animatics. Finally, there is a discussion between Yoda, Obi-Wan and Mace about the Chancellor.

Within A Minute: The Making Of Episode III

Documentary

This amazing piece runs over two hours and uses an innovative presentation to break down the incredible effort it takes to bring just 49 seconds of the movie to the screen. To begin you see 49 seconds of the epic duel, and are graphically shown a few statistics about the process.

It starts like this:

Mustafar Duel

Scene 158

26 Shots

910 Artists

70441 Man Hours

Incredible, really. The documentary takes you through every single set of disciplines, explaining each, right down to listing each of those 910 people involved in the short epic duel scene. It's amazing to watch, and quite educational - truly "bonus” material in every sense of the word.

Easter Egg

If you've been following along with prior DVD releases in the series, you're bound to know that the use of 1138 always brings up an Easter egg. This time... you get a digital Yoda break dancing. Hysterical. Not to be missed.

There is a feature-length commentary behind the movie, which includes comments from George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Rob Coleman, John Knoll and Roger Guyett.

The Chosen One Featurette, in which George Lucas connects the dots from I - VI to uncover the myth of Darth Vader.

It's All For Real: The Stunts of Episode III

An interesting, and not overly long, behind-the-scenes look at the actors and the stunts they trained for and performed, coordinated by Nick Gillard again.

Starwars.com Web Documentaries

The complete 18-part series that debuted on Starwars.com

"A Hero Falls" Music Video

Poster and Print Campaign / Trailers and TV Spots

Including photos of all the posters, international outdoor advertising, trailers, and 15 TV spots.

Production Still Photo Gallery

Lots of cool photos, though not overly large. I can imagine there are tens of thousands of these. We get just a taste.

:dude: excellent Special Features

the release of this DVD is going to break a lot of records. When I bought it today every single person in front of me had ROTS in their hands to buy as well. I have never seen anyone buy the same thing in the same line before :dude:

I will admit to having downloaded movies, but this is one worth purchasing. It's not even among my favorite - actually, it's my least favorite after Phantom Menace. I loved all six, but we all have to have favorites, and ROTS is second from the bottom in my book. Still, my girlfriend bought it for me the day it came out, and we watched it the next day. Previously I had taken her to see it when it was in theaters.

I don't mess with extras for most stuff but they sound interesting. :drool:

Sounds good for fans, but I don't think it'll interest me. It's a seen-it-once-seen-it-a-million-times kind of movie.

I think much of life is all about choice. Our choices determine our world. I liked it because

each wrong choice led further into darkness. At any point he could have changed his

choice. By going into darkness out of fear he lost everything he cared for.