Sign in to follow this  
ARMS

Baseball ep

Braves? <_<

I am not a Braves fan. I live in Louisiana right now, but I grew up in Florida. When I was a kid my dad used to take me and my brother to spring training games. The first one I remember was played between the Yankees and the Dodgers. I had my little Yankees batting helmet on and wore a pin stripped t-shirt. All I wanted was Yankee's 2nd baseman Steve Sax to autograph something for me. But he blew me off, walked right past me as if I weren't standing there (and there wasn't a crowd, he just ignored me). I was crushed. Instantly turned me into a Yankees hater.

That day I became a Dodger fan. And now that Tampa has a team, I also cheer for the Devil Rays.

Braves? <_<

I am not a Braves fan. I live in Louisiana right now, but I grew up in Florida. When I was a kid my dad used to take me and my brother to spring training games. The first one I remember was played between the Yankees and the Dodgers. I had my little Yankees batting helmet on and wore a pin stripped t-shirt. All I wanted was Yankee's 2nd baseman Steve Sax to autograph something for me. But he blew me off, walked right past me as if I weren't standing there (and there wasn't a crowd, he just ignored me). I was crushed. Instantly turned me into a Yankees hater.

That day I became a Dodger fan. And now that Tampa has a team, I also cheer for the Devil Rays.

Let's see.

Your Dodgers are now being led by a former Yankees Skipper (Mr. Torre) so, they should be fine.

As for the Devil Rays, I see them making a move up the standings in the A.L. East this season.

They've got a terrific young team that will be exciting to watch.

As for Steve Sax, he was and still is, a jerk. I hated him when he was with the Yankees.

Once he got the Yips and couldn't make a throw from 2nd to 1B, he became even more useless.

Edited by Gummy

Well, Sax was a Dodger just before he snubbed me, too. I'm sure if it were the other way around I'd be a Dodger hater right now. But fate and all that. So, yeah, I'm very forgiving of former pin-strippers and (the worst of the worst, ex Giants) when they put on the Dodger blue.

Still, I guess it might have been funny seeing Billy Martin screaming at Worf to hustle (or better yet, benching him for not hustling enough).

martinss0.png