Sign in to follow this  
ARMS

Baseball ep

Even though i'm no baseball fan myself, i love this episode.

B) Death to the opposition!

:P Worf: Find him and kill him!

:P I will not be a subject of this Human ritual of taunting (somethin like that)

Ezri: Human? did I forget to wear my spots today?

:P Quark: All that intelligence and he can't even tell what a Human looks like!

Believe it or not, I am the one who put the numbers worn by each player up on Memory Alpha. Yes, I have that much time on my hands. Glad I put it up there because my lap top is being looked at and I could lose all my data, my precious data...

I've got the episode on DVD, Maybe I will go watch it, reading all the quotes is making me laugh, I wanna hear the charactors say them.

The episode is called Take Me Out to the Holosuite... I have an uncle who loves baseball, but probably doesn't care much for Trek... I usually don't send him stuff for birthdays/Christmas as we're not that close, but I may burn that episode to DVD and send it his way... I think he'll get a kick out of it.

This episode is one of the funniest DS9 episodes ever. It indeed was a great break from the war. Sisko's actions throughout were the best!

This was always one of my favorite episodes. It is nice to see that even in the midst of war that they are still capable of having some fun.

I love this episode. I love the part between Miles and Julian about the gum being infused with Scotch flavor. :borg2:

In the past I've read where people hated this episode but I've always loved it. It's a much needed break from the war episodes and really lightens things up for the show.

The best bit was at the end when everyone took the rip out of the vulcan captain plus the episode gave us some great Worf quotes. "Death to the enemy!"

Yeah, it was a really fun episode. In an odd way it always kind of reminded me of a WKRP episode where they all went out and played softball. lol

WKRP?

And yes indeed, it really was a great episode.

WKRP in Cincinnati was a comedy show in the United States from 1978 to 1982, it was about a low ratings radio station (in Cincinnati of course) and the hijinx of it's bumbling Station manager and crew.

It was, in my opinion a great show but it only lasted 4 years. I keep waiting for them to come out on DVD but it seems that all of the 70's era music that they used and the rights to use it on the DVD's is causing problems.

WKRP_cast_2.JPG

WKRP was a great show. I watched it religiously every week.

So did I even though it seemed to move from one day to another quite frequently. I loved the show and was quite disappointed when they cancelled it.

This is one of my favourites. As everyone else has said, it's such a relief from the war, and I love the way the crew really get behind Sisko, just as they would on any mission. Plus it's full of classic comedy quotes, especially Worf, of course. Underrated episode!

How can a Starfleet Captain get a one-species crew? When Sisko points out that Solok has "an all-Vulcan crew, by the way" I couldn't help but wonder how. Isn't that against Starfleet's utopian mentality?

I love this epi...probably because Rom ends up being the hero at the end. :look: :lol:

Uh...I KNOW why you like that ep, honey. You're not fooling me.

Thats a good question, SeeingEyeBorg. There was mention in TOS ep "The Immunity Syndrome" of an all Vulcan ship being destroyed by what amounted to a big space parasite that eerily resembled the light show at a Grateful Dead concert. :look: Perhaps, it was established that most Vulcans feel more comfortable serving with other Vulcans due to issues of emotionalism, pon farr rituals, etc? Or did Starfleet assign a purely Vulcan crew to one ship because of their expertise regarding a specific area of fighting the Dominion War? I wish i had a definitive answer for you, but I guess we have to hope for an answer.... one of these days :lol:

Perhaps, it was established that most Vulcans feel more comfortable serving with other Vulcans due to issues of emotionalism, pon farr rituals, etc?

*shrug* Yeah...but...many species could make similar claims, right?

Or did Starfleet assign a purely Vulcan crew to one ship because of their expertise regarding a specific area of fighting the Dominion War?

*Sniff* I maintain that the Klingons were the experts on fighting in the Dominion War.

I wish i had a definitive answer for you, but I guess we have to hope for an answer.... one of these days :look:

*Sigh* One of these days, one of these days...

True, other species could make that claim, but in the case of the Vulcans, there actually is a TOS ep which indicates there were Federaton vessels comprised of entirely Vulcan crews. In the "Immunity Syndrome" ep such a vessel existed.

I wouldn't make the claim that the Klingons were such experts at fighting the Dominion, for all their prowess with a Bat'Leth, they sure couldn't remain calm under pressure like a Vulcan could and they couldn't singlehandedly bring down the Dominon. That was only possible because of a group effort from many species. Still, though it is possible that the Vulcan ship had another specialty other than direct combat. Perhaps, the Vulcans were used for surveillance or scientific research regarding the Dominion. Who is to say? Besides, Vulcans are at least as strong as Klingons and from what we've seen in eps, they do handle themselves expertly in combat.

It would be nice if some of these details were explained in the eps produced. Now I see why studios aren't paying these writers better :look:

I'm a huge baseball fan, just like Sisko. So naturally I loved this episode.

I always assumed that Starfleet vessels of Earth registry were primarily crewed by humans, Vulcan ships by Vulcans, etc - with a few alien species thrown in as part of the UFP's cultural exchange policy. That's just the way I explain the preponderance of Earth names for vessels we've seen, and humans on these ships. It would seem to fit, in that Federation ships with non-Earth origin names (typically Vulcan) have largely Vulcan (non-human) crews.

Of course that doesn't help explain the U.S.S. Hera (TNG: "Interface"), unless Hera is also a Vulcan name/term.

I liked that episode.

But, being a baseball fan, I wish that they has someone teach them how to play the game before they filmed it.

I liked that episode.

But, being a baseball fan, I wish that they has someone teach them how to play the game before they filmed it.

As long as it wasn't the Yankees, I would've liked to see that.

I liked that episode.

As long as it wasn't the Yankees, I would've liked to see that.

Lemme guess....

Braves Fan? <_<