Sign in to follow this  
Yillara Skye

What job would you NOT want to do?

Well, we had a what job would you LIKE to do poll, so I decided on checking out the opposite...What would you NOT want to do?

hmmm I WANT to be in the science division, maybe even Stellar Cartography(I LOVE that room).

Now for what I would not want to do...other than the hilariously obvious I DONT WANT TO BE THE NAMELESS RED SHIRT :laugh: :lol:

hmmmm, gotta think this through, one I know almost definately I wouldn't want:Medical. Can watch the Operation on TV, but working on people kinda worries me a "OMG! What if I accidently hurt them more" situation.

Come to think of it this thread can be as serious or as silly as everyone wants to make it so....post away... should be..fun.

I don't think I would like that job in the nacelle area that was shown in Eye of the Beholder. Being in that room with only one other person for hours on end - I would go nuts after a while.

Well I would not want to be a Counselor. I would get totally mad hearing problems the whole day and finding solutions for them... And what if I had a problem? (talk to myself, maybe)

Mrs. Captain Picard

Well I would not want to be a Counselor. I would get totally mad hearing problems the whole day and finding solutions for them... And what if I had a problem? (talk to myself, maybe)

Mrs. Captain Picard

:laugh: So, shall we keep you're name off the potential moderator list then? :lol:

I would hate to be Captain, as wierd as that sounds. I'd never be able to handle the thought that everyone's lives depend on me. I'm anxious and doubt myself to begin with, I don't need the knowlage of having to make those tough on the spot decisions. I can take orders just fine though :laugh:

I wouldn't want to be in medical, either. I just couldn't do that. I also wouldn't want to be captain, first officer, or anything that even resembles command.

This may sound strange, but I'd actually like to be the redshirt. Er... goldshirt, 'cause I'd want to be an engineer. All I'd want is for people to tell me what to do. And I'd do it.

Hence the ensign in my screen name. I'd probably make a good ensign, but nothing else.

I would hate to be the guy that has to clean the Plasma Injectors,it seems someone is always having to clean the Plasma Injectors,that Plasma must be some dirty stuff!

I don't think I would like that job in the nacelle area that was shown in Eye of the Beholder.  Being in that room with only one other person for hours on end - I would go nuts after a while.

oh, I agree with that one...

definately could go crazy...depending on who I am working with, if they are anything like my coworkers...yes I'd go nuts!

I wouldnt like to be the person down in the very bottom deck, like the one we saw in Voyager, in some claustraphobic monitoring room. With no one to talk to. All day!

I wouldnt like to be the person down in the very bottom deck, like the one we saw in Voyager, in some claustraphobic monitoring room. With no one to talk to. All day!

I wouldn't mind that as long as I had access to the internet!

Any job on the bridge that involved a lot of standing. I always felt sorry for Worf because he had to stand most of the time at his sercurity consul (it's the George Costanza in me) while the rest of the senior staff all had chairs. I was glad that he finally got what appeared to be a chair in "ST: Generations", although it didn't look as comfortable as the other plush chairs.

:huh: Klingonmike I'm with you on this one. Don't want to clean no Plasma Injectors. :eek:

Prometheus :laugh: No bottom floors for me either :huh:

:clap::clap: Someone get Cyphrx a chair. Can't make the poor fella stand all day long. :wow:

:clap:

I'd hate to be the person that sits next to Data on the bridge....I'd crash the ship into something oggling him all the time :huh: :laugh:

I'd hate to be the person that sits next to Data on the bridge....I'd crash the ship into something oggling him all the time  :clap:  :laugh:

Crashing the ship - I didn't know you wanted to be the ship's counselor Lessa. :huh:

actually, it is the one i would want! but i could not be a bridge officer...reading Data's mind...planting suggestions...whispering mentel sweet nothings in his ear....

Oops. sorry, the transporter chief would be bad too. I would worry about a malfunction there! :laugh:

I'd hate to be the person that sits next to Data on the bridge....I'd crash the ship into something oggling him all the time  :huh:  :laugh:

Crashing the ship - I didn't know you wanted to be the ship's counselor Lessa. :clap:

ROFL

Good one

Stardate:213529.1

I wouldnt want to be the guy that had to clean the quarters

I would hate to be Captain, as wierd as that sounds. I'd never be able to handle the thought that everyone's lives depend on me. I'm anxious and doubt myself to begin with, I don't need the knowlage of having to make those tough on the spot decisions. I can take orders just fine though :laugh:

I totally agree with you trekkiemage! I could never be captain, even though its the job you would expect most people to want to be.

I would hate to be Captain, as wierd as that sounds. I'd never be able to handle the thought that everyone's lives depend on me. I'm anxious and doubt myself to begin with, I don't need the knowlage of having to make those tough on the spot decisions. I can take orders just fine though :(

I totally agree with you trekkiemage! I could never be captain, even though its the job you would expect most people to want to be.

True! Though i was sort of a Captain of my gymnastics team, it is not exactly the same thing...and I would not want the job as a starship Captain...too much there!

I would hate to be Captain, as wierd as that sounds. I'd never be able to handle the thought that everyone's lives depend on me. I'm anxious and doubt myself to begin with, I don't need the knowlage of having to make those tough on the spot decisions. I can take orders just fine though :(

True! Though i was sort of a Captain of my gymnastics team, it is not exactly the same thing...and I would not want the job as a starship Captain...too much there!

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I would hate to be Captain, as wierd as that sounds. I'd never be able to handle the thought that everyone's lives depend on me. I'm anxious and doubt myself to begin with, I don't need the knowlage of having to make those tough on the spot decisions. I can take orders just fine though :clap:

:(

I would hate to be Captain, as wierd as that sounds. I'd never be able to handle the thought that everyone's lives depend on me. I'm anxious and doubt myself to begin with, I don't need the knowlage of having to make those tough on the spot decisions. I can take orders just fine though :clap:

:(

cool, that makes three of us :clap: Glad I'm not the only one too, which I actually thought I would be

cool, that makes three of us :( Glad I'm not the only one too, which I actually thought I would be

I thought I'd be the only one too!

cool, that makes three of us :( Glad I'm not the only one too, which I actually thought I would be

I thought I'd be the only one too!

got a wicked idea...check out voting booth, I will start a poll and find out just who wants to be a captain of any vessel or not!!! I know we cant be the only three that would NOT want the job!