Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeachGuy

Outside your window...

may_09_027.jpg

Cool picture, I never seem to have my camera with me whenever I see a humming bird outside.

They're out there every morning so I was waiting with the camera.

may_09_027.jpg

Cool picture, I never seem to have my camera with me whenever I see a humming bird outside.

They're out there every morning so I was waiting with the camera.

I don't see them very often here, though I don't really look for them either. Plus I now have a plastic owl on my roof to keep the birds away from my fountain so that might not help lol.

Must be an Irish owl, looks like it is wearing a duct tape Kilt. You will have to let us know if it does keep the birds away.

Yeah, all that time of watching reruns of Red Green paid off lol

It has cut down on the number of birds by a large number. There's still a few here and there but I'd guess that it's reduced the number by about 95%.

I wouldn't mind so much but they (the birds) make such a mess on the deck and in the fountain.

The picture doesn't really "show" what I thought of when I looked out the window yesterday morning and saw the clouds but they reminded me of the shockwave that hit the Excelsior in Star Trek VI.

IMG_6328_Panorama1a.JPG

I took these yesterday before the fireworks started...

100_1845.jpg

100_1850.jpg

Great pics, VGB and Indy. I saw a dragonfly in my back yard here below Virginia just last week, as I took a mowing-break; it had it's eyes on me, and every little move I made(not to harm or capture it) it flew just out of reach...that sky looks ominous, indeed..and that rainbow is an awesome shot. I think our mems should get theirs put in a calendar somewhere!

Those are great pics! Thanks for uploading them.

Great pics, VGB and Indy. I saw a dragonfly in my back yard here below Virginia just last week, as I took a mowing-break; it had it's eyes on me, and every little move I made(not to harm or capture it) it flew just out of reach...that sky looks ominous, indeed..and that rainbow is an awesome shot. I think our mems should get theirs put in a calendar somewhere!

I remember a couple years ago (maybe last year) I cut the back yard and there were hundreds of dragon flies all over the place, at least it seemed like hundreds. I didn't actually count lol. I assumed that they were going after any small insects that were disturbed by my cutting the grass.

Those are great pics! Thanks for uploading them.

Thanks! I'm glad you like them. :)

Awesome shots! Especially the panoramas of the Spirit of Norfolk.

Awesome shots! Especially the panoramas of the Spirit of Norfolk.

Thanks, it was really hot that day as Amy can attest and we had to wait outside till they were ready to board the ship. I have a bunch of pics and video from Washington, D.C. too and will post them once I get a chance.

Here's a pic of the college I'm going to, it's a cell phone pic on an overcast day so it's a tad dark. If I think of it I'll take another pic when the sun is out.

The building on the other side of the water is where the majority of my classes are.

090109_13081.jpg

Here's a better quality image (actually 3 images stitched together) of the above picture. This one was taken this afternoon while I was at the campus.

031910_15513_Stitch.jpg

Great looking College, just needs a volleyball net and some coeds. :Hmmm...:

Actually, there is a volleyball net over by the building in the distance. lol

So was your class mainly coeds, or was that just your focus (so to speak!)?

It was probably 70% female in that class. The girl on the far side of the picture right next to the window reminded me a lot of Corina, both in her looks and her voice.

As a sort of follow up picture of the lake on the campus of the college, they're now building a student union in the middle of that lake.

This picture is taken from inside the building where most of my classes are held, which can be seen in the distance of the previous pictures with the light colored bricks.

In this picture you can see that they're just starting to pound the supports into the lake. (click the pic to see it enlarged)

Lake_Construction.jpg

A building in the middle of a lake? Wow!

Yeah, I've seen some concept drawings of what it will look like once it's completed and it looks like it's going to be really nice. I don't think they're expecting to be done until around 2013 though, so maybe I'll be able to post come completed pictures right around the time STF turns 10 years old.

some part should have a glass floor.

Oh yeah! Great idea! And then they should put sharks into the lake so that people have something to look at. ;)