Sign in to follow this  
Krissy Phaserman

How do you stay in shape?

So yesterday at work someone asked me "How can you look so good after having 4 children? It's just not fair. You'd think you were Sarah Evans or Faith Hill!" I told them exactly how: I get up at 6:00 or 6:30 and go running with two Navy Guys, usually a mile and a half to 2 miles.

So, how do the rest of you stay in shape? Do you run? Ride your bike? Jump to conclusions?

I go to the gym 3 times a week to work out. The other 2 days I teach karate. On the weekends, I don't do anything.

I do pilates 2 days a week, yoga at the studio 3 days a week, every day at home.

I also do some running, walking, and tennis.

Not to mention practicing soccer, basketball and baseball with some kids I know. :wink2:

I used to go 4 times a week to the gym but now we have an addition to the Hang family i can only go twice :P ...but having a 6 month old daughter keeps me pretty fit :P :P

My job keeps me in shape.

I work in a nursing home.

chaseing older people around keeps

you in shape. :P

I still swim. I started swimming competition back when I was a freshman in high school and haven't stopped. I go to the pool three to four times a week now and swim anywhere from 80 to 120 lengths, depending on my mood and how tired I am. In a normal 25 meter pool, that averages out to between 2000 and 3000 meters everytime I swim. I don't race anymore but occassionaly I get a young pup in the lane next to me who thinks they can outswim me. I just keep going and usually around 500 to 600 meters, they have to rest, the wimps, while I just keep swimming, just keep swimming. (With apologies to Ellen DeGeneres)

Edited by xenexian

(With apologies to Ellen DeGeneres)

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If you've seem the Movie, "Finding Nemo", it's the little tune she sings as Dora the fish.

Edited by xenexian

i do a lot of lifting and carrying at work, as well as alot of running.

I work in a supermarket so lifting is the stuff we sell and running is going after shoplifters.

I was a gymnast for 20 years, so working out was like breathing to me. I used to work out four 3 to 6 hours (from the age of 3 to 5, I only went two times a week for maybe an hour... but as I got older and into the higher levels I added up the days and hours. Sometimes training at my gym five days, and then travelling to a "sister" gym and training there as well on the weekends), plus practice at home, as well as I enjoyed lifting weights. Then add to that: swimming, playing badminton, volleyball and other sports here at the house with my mom and siblings, riding bicycles, rollerskating. I just like remaining active.

And people have a hard time with this but from the age of 10 to when I retired at age 23 due to the injury and a desire to move on from the sport: I was 4'11" and my healthy competitive weight was 145lbs. I was not always that fit... and I vow never to EVER get back up to 170 ever again, unless I ever have a baby then that weight gain would be fine. I was at 170 about 2 1/2 to three years ago.

For the record, I am currently 135 lbs and am 5'1" at age 25

Nowadays: I am a competitive Irish dancer (yes, as in like you see in Lord of the Dance and Riverdance). I only go to my class once a week for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, but practice at home.. and may start going to more days. Heck, I even practice some steps while I am at work. Then add competitions and performances.

I also just dance in general, and tend to still choreograph routines like I did when I was a gymnast and coached.

I go on walks around my neighborhood occasionally, as well as sometimes I will use the Ab-Lounger my mom had gotten a little while ago. And if I travel anywhere, and the weather is warm enough I HAVE to find the swimming pool. I am not a strong swimmer, but still prefer to have a chance to swim a couple laps. Recently, my mom started taking my sister, niece and I out to the beach. So I also have to add boogie boarding to my list.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

How I try to stay and get in shape is I go on either a Treadmill or a stationary bike at the YMCA whichever is free or if possible I swim alittle if its possible on the YMCA schedule/ the Treadmill I try and do 3 times a week.

:lol: :lol: :yawn: B)

I do tennis regularly with my brother, and he just loves giving me a run for my money. I also run, and go to the gym, and we have physical education lessons in school (I usually play netball or basketball).

I'm a crew member in my drama club, and we do loads of heavy lifting and stuff, so yeah.

And then I ruin it all by pigging out!

I am pretty out of shape, but have been working on it lately by taking my dog on a one mile walk every night after work. Well, Since she is not used to it yet, it would be more accurate to say she takes me on a 1 mile walk/jog every night. :cloud9:

I'm 38, 6 feet tall, and weigh about 150. You know how I do it? It's really quite simple.

Bacon double cheeseburgers, onion rings, pizza, and Guinness.

The amazing thing is I also have low chlosterol.

I hate it when people are able to do that. I eat fairly healthy, but can't seem to loose weight, am on meds for high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Funny thing is, when I was sent to a nutritionist I got lectured for not eating enough in a days time.