Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Do You Open Them?

When You Buy Collectables (Action Figures, Busts and so) Do You Take Them Out of the Package?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. When You Buy Collectables (Action Figures, Busts and so) Do You Take Them Out of the Package?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
    • I don't buy collectables

I was just wondering if anyone else who buys collectables of whatever, if you open them and put it on the mantle or desk or whatever. I voted sometimes because I still have my Episode III Vader still in its cellophane box.

But, I open up my Trek stuff. I have Picard, Data, Archer, Hoshi and T'Pol standing on a table next to my bed. What do you guys do?

Edited by Gamera

i usually buy two of stuff when possible. one to open and display the other one to keep in the package that's usually stored in a rubbermaid container.

tm :veryangry:

I very rarely buy collectibles but what I do have is still in it's original packaging.

If what you are buying is a collectible, you should never take it out of the box. It would ruin the value.

What I think of as collectibles now.... were toys when I bought them. Of course they got opened :veryangry: .

I left 4 or 5 Star Wars items in their packages, but all my Trek stuff is open. I haven't really bought any "collectibles" in about 8 years anyway, though.

Sometimes. I have some things still unopened because I bought them just to collect them. I bought a TOS Enterprise alarm clock a few years ago, because I wanted to actually use it, so I opened it immediately. Unfortunately it didn't work properly, so now I have a "reduced value" collectable that I can't really use. :veryangry: Oh well, at least it looks good.

Of course I open the packages. :veryangry: I mean, I want to put the action figures or whatever it is on top of my TV or my desk or something. I'm not planning on selling any of my Picard action figures, so I have a "right" to open the packages and take a close look all those cute Jean-Luc action figures...

Edited by Mrs.Picard

I don't buy collectibles although I would if I find any Star Trek related ones here - especially the starships.

Yes.

Everytime.

I've never purchased a comic book, action figure, or any other collectible for the purpose of keeping it intact and possibly selling it at some time in the future for a wad of cash.

I play with the things. Listen to them, watch them, read them. Over and over again. That's what they are for (IMO).

Yes,I do open them. Infact I have a big display cabinet with mirrors,in wich I put them.

Also I have collected all Hallmark ornaments . They are hanging from the sealing with fischthread

I buy them to enjoy them. Not as a investment.

I don't buy collectables, because my impression is what they BELIEVE to be collectable, is just a money making machine.

The more obscure things are more collectable.