Sign in to follow this  
who

SMALLVILLE

I just watched this week's episode. Did they say where the kryptonite gum came from or who made it? If they did, I missed it. Also, why is Clark keeping Kara's identity a secret her? Doesn't make sense.

Liquid Kryptonite was leaking through cracks inside of the gum factory, and it was causing it to get inside the gum. Clark and Lana don't want Kara to know who she is because she is close to Lex now. If she is told the truth, she might go run to Lex and tell him

yep, that was a cool episode. And the guard that was torturing Clark was the chief from BSG! Kara is supposed to start teaching Clark how to fly in the new episode coming this week. I think it is this week, that was the original schedule.

The episode where a character permanently dies won't be until April

I just watched the episode and thought it was pretty good. Lionel Luthor shows his true colors. That was a shame. I was enjoying him as a "good guy" compared to "bad guy" Lex.

he didn't fly last night, but that was no real surprise. I don't expect Clark to really fly until at least the end of the season or whenever the big battle with Brainiac happens during the terrible times to come that Lionel has mentioned. Clark now knows that he has to learn to fly after watching Kara and Brainiac fly away, leaving Clark in the dust. That and Lana being hurt will be inspiration for Clark to actually learn.

I just wish somebody listened to Lionel and his warnings, you know that he is right and they will regret not listening to him in a future episode. I liked it, I thought it was a really good story

there is talk among fans that it is possible at the end of the last episode that Kara and Brainiac went to visit Darkseid. Wouldn't that be cool? Since Michael R. might not return as a regular next season, I think Darkseid would be a great substitute and would definitely lead to an awesome final episode for the series that the creators have been promising

Darkseid and Apokolips might be hard to pull off for a weekly show but I would love to see it!

Huge Shocking news on Smallville

Color us super-shocked. Smallville creators Al Gough and Miles Millar have announced their exit from the series, effective at the end of this season.

Marveling at "seven amazing years," the exec producers "look back knowing that the show will continue into Season 8 without us," they say in an open letter. "After much heartache and debate, we have decided it is time for us to move on."

Giving props to the CW series' "remarkable" production team and "a wonderful cast who we have watched mature with admiration and affection," the duo say, "We have been rewarded with a fan base that is as loyal as it is vocal. We are incredibly proud of our work on this show. We achieved what we set out to do. We never compromised our vision. We leave knowing that Smallville is the longest-running comic-book-based series of all time [and] was featured on the covers of Rolling Stone, MAD Magazine, TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly. The pilot had the highest-rated premiere in the history of the WB [where it originated]. Even in its seventh year, it is still the No. 1 scripted show on the network."

Sources have since informed TV Guide that a pair of producing teams — Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson, and Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer — have been named the new show runners/executive producers, leaving Smallville in the good hands of four longtime writers for the show.

What brought on Goughlar's abrupt exodus? Their letter offers no details, although one section singles out some peers, saying of one, "When the knives were out, you always had our backs." In closing, the pair say, "To the fans who have stuck with us through the highs and the lows, know this — we never stopped fighting to make this show great."

Hopefully it won't be so bad since the writers are taking it over, but I just hope they have season eight. At least wrap it up at the end of this season. I pray they don't end this season, they don't have enough time to give it the right send off. I hope history doesn't repeat itself. Lois and Clark The New Adventures of Superman was promised a fifth season, but were told that season four would be their last when it was too late. L&C ended with a ? because they weren't able to wrap things up. Instead, it ended with a cliff hanger.

Looks like Smallville is going the way of the third season of Star Trek and is falling apart

Why Did Gough and Millar Leave “Smallville”?

There's been a lot of speculation this past week in regards to why Al Gough and Miles Millar decided to leave "Smallville" at the end of the current season.

Action-Figure.com reported last week that inside sources told them that it was due to building tension between the cast and Al Gough, especially from Tom Welling.

Inside sources have been telling me for over a year that tensions between the cast and Al Gough have been high with some claiming Tom Welling had threatened to quit on more than one occasion over his character portrayal. Just moments ago, I had the chance to speak with one of my WB insiders who claims that after several months of talks, execs gave Gough the option to leave on his own terms or be replaced. Apparently, Millar simply followed his leader out the door.

The Superman Homepage received word from a network source who told us that Gough and Millar were not given any such ultimatum. We've been told that, like many of the cast and crew, Miles and Al did not have a contract for season 8. With the CW struggling financially, the studio decided that they would only pick up the show for the new season at an extremely reduced license fee.

The CW are basically looking to do an 8th season show at 1st season prices, but the problem is "Smallville" still needs to pay 8th season contracts on everyone. That is a serious amount of money off the screen. Which is why cast members such as Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum and Allison Mack are not coming back for a full compliment of episodes next season. My sources tell me that these budget cuts were the reason Al and Miles decided to leave. The budget cuts wouldn't allow them to make the kind of show they wanted to make or felt the fans deserved.

Our network source also told us that the only reason Kristin Kreuk is returning for seven episodes in Season 8 is because the studio allowed her to star in the up-coming "Street Fighter" movie. She really had no interest in returning to "Smallville" next season. Michael Rosenbaum and Allison Mack, who are not contracted for season 8, are yet to make a final decision and are prepared to walk.

We've heard all along that a plan was in place from the beginning on just how the series would end. So what of those plans? We've been told that the season arc finale they HAD planned would have had to be completely reworked without cast members who may not be there next year

People leaving and budget cuts, bad news

I hope that part about Welling isn't true. This guy was an underwear model and had never acted before he was noticed by Gough and Millar. He owes a lot to them and shouldn't be complaining about anything. Most likely, after Smallville, Welling will probably just fade into obscurity like most of the rest of the cast.

I've heard things about Welling on and off for a while. He objects to wearing the Superman costume, so I'm not surprised by anything. He probably wants things to happen that would majorly conflict with the basic story of Superman. I'm always surprised when the other cast members say that they don't want to do another season, it's not like they are extremely famous celebrities waiting for major movie deals.

If it is a major budget problem, I'd almost prefer the money go into a big TV movie to finish the series instead of a lousy season eight. The series shouldn't suffer due to the crappy network it is on

I agree. I'm getting the feeling that the last season of Smallville is going to be horrible much like the last season of "That '70s Show".

"Smallville" returns with the first of the five post-strike written remaining episodes of season seven. Thursday at 8 PM on the CW, it's "Descent". Lex Luthor embraces villainy. A long-time character bites the bullet for real and for good apparently. "Smallville" producers have said this is the one episode of "Smallville" not to be missed and, notwithstanding that they gave us Kung Fu Lana and the Teagues, I believe them.

Summary of this week's Smallville

"The day Clark and Lex become mortal enemies. The secret of Veritas leads Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) in a dangerous direction that will put Clark (Tom Welling) and Lex in each others' crosshairs. There is a major power struggle and one character dies."

pretty good episode last night. It wasn't the huge blow out, "oh man, that was amazing!" episode that I hoped it would be. I liked the use of "Little Lex", but I have the feeling that it will be the part that most people won't like. I like it for the symbolism-the last thread of good Lex has. Good use of Lois and Jimmy! I liked how they were together and together they got in trouble. That seems to be the curse of the characters, they are always getting in trouble :laugh:

So Lionel was the one who got killed! Are they through or will they also kill Chloe as well? If they do, then they will be getting rid of the only characters created specifically for this show. Lex killing Lionel makes sense since it was established in the comics long ago that Lex had killed his parents.

Since Lex fired Chloe, that was probably the end of Chloe at the Daily Planet. I don't think she will die, but move to some other newspaper place in another state at the end of the series

Here's the summary for this week's episode "Sleeper"

"JIMMY HELPS THE DEPARTMENT OF DOMESTIC SECURITY ARREST CHLOE - Clark (Tom Welling) desperately searches for Kara (Laura Vandervoort) and Brainiac (guest star James Marsters, as Brainiac is the only one who can reverse Lana's (Kristin Kreuk) condition. Clark asks Chloe (Allison Mack) to check any large power surges in the area, so she breaks into several government computers, setting off alarms. Jimmy (Aaron Ashmore) is caught between the Department of Security - who threatens him with jail time unless he helps them arrest Chloe - and Lex (Michael Rosenbaum), who offers to help clear Chloe if Jimmy agrees to be in his debt."

Finally watched last weeks episode off the the DVR, WOW!

As Lex falls deeper into insanity I think Chloe is going to somehow die at his hands.

once again, this week's episode "Sleeper" was pretty good. It's a great episode if you like Jimmy and Chloe, there was almost no Clark in the episode at all. What made this episode interesting was that it was heavy in Bond. Almost the entire episode was a Bond parody. My guess is because of the new Bond movie that is going to come out later this year, much like DS9 had the episode "Our Man Bashir" to celebrate the release of Goldeneye. That's not all, there were a couple of other movie tie-ins. Lex does Jimmy a favor, expecting one in a return (Godfather) and Kara is in the past sending messages to Clark in the future (Back to the Future).

I hope that they do go to Krypton. It'll be cool to see Krypton in the past and maybe Clark can see his parents again!

However, next week's episode looks sweeeeet and very comic book oriented. They are doing a "World Without Superman" storyline and it looks like Lex is President (also like in the comics when he ran). It also showed Clark with glasses in the clip for next week's episode. Looks very interesting :blink:

Last night's episode was amazing!!!! I loved it, and it was a nice change after the two ok episode of the past two weeks. Jor-El showed Clark what life on Earth would have been like after Clark decides to let Brainiac kill his infant self in Krypton's past. There were just a lot of comic references, such as Lex as President and Clark Kent with a suit and glasses!

It was just a really cool episode. Next week's episode looks great too, Robert Picardo is guest starring! I wonder how they are going to save Lana. The easy answer would be to get the Martian Manhunter and have him get inside her mind and save her. I wonder if that will happen? I miss him