Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

I would like to point out

I would like to point something out to Luvin1stdegree (Amy). She is new to Trekdom, I've been working on her for a couple years now and she's slowly coming around to the "right way of thinking".

I believe she thought of Trek as a "guy" kind of show. You know, the "Sci-Fi shoot 'em with a phaser and win the girl in the end" kind of show. Well, the thing I'd like to point out is all the females we have in our membership. Not to slight the guys here, but I just want Amy to take note of how many female fans we have here. :D :lol:

I have been into Sci-fi since i was a kid and i am old now. It is a good way to get guys to talk to you. Guys like a chick would can understand the kind of things they are into. :lol:

When I think of all the guys I've heard gripe on various Trek boards about not being able to find a girlfriend who likes Trek just giving it a chance would give a woman an advantage. And if the image of Trek guys as geeks is a problem who cares - the geeks will inherit the Earth - right Mr. Gates. Besides when you think of all the guys who say they were geeks in high school and/or college and then they turned out to be studmuffins being nice to them back when would be a distinct advantage later on. :lol:

The following is a comment from my wife of 20 years, we'll call her "M". Now M, if you please...

I am M, Alterego's wife, and I just want to say that Trek has a heck of a lot more substance that the generic swill that most deem we females flock to, i.e., soap operas, romantic dramas and comedies (excluding independents), and the like.

And there you have it folks, words of wisdom!

Well, as long as we all agree. I don't remember where I read it, but I know it was somewhere that some of you might have read it too - OH WAIT!! I REMEMBER!! TNN said that they were an all-guys station. And they show star trek. Which would imply star trek is for guys which outrages me! Why do things have to be put in for guys/gor girls categories?? Star Trek (like the colour pink) is for anyone who happens to like it!! ANYONE!

Well, I am a woman who has liked Star Trek for a little over 16 years of my life (I am almost 23). Many people get the impression that geeky guys are the only people watch Trek, that is so very not so! I mean there are people of all walks of life from both genders that like the show! Believe me, I am an athlete, a scholar and A GIRL, and I adore TNG and the TNG movies!

I too, heard the remark that TNN is a guys station! Argh! That is annoying, and on a slightly side note, it really annoys me that TNG removed for the day, to play marathons of Baywatch or Blind Date!!:D :lol: :lol:

Another female Trek fan here! You probably figured that out just from the username.

I think the reason alot of people got the mistaken impression that Star Trek is a "guy show" is from the costumes William Ware Theiss designed for the females on TOS. Skimpy, skimpy, skimpy.