Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Trelane

The omnipotent character Trelane from TOS has often been hypothesised to have been a member of the Q race. It would have been interesting if this could have been liked up in ENTERPRISE for example, with Q's son who was established on VOYAGER but, like all Q, was timeless, appering older in TOS as Trelane. Perhaps another link...

But Trelane's parents had none of the arrogance that the Q seem to have. Nor did they seem confused about how to procreate, as the Q did in one of the Voyager episodes.

There were also two other non-coporeal races in TOS that were Q-like in their powers, although unlike the Q they never claimed to be omnicient or omnipotent. One appeared in an Enterprise episode...the aliens from Errand of Mercy in TOS. The others were the aliens in the TOS episode Charlie X.

Trelane most certainly had the typical "Q arrogance" :( and he also appeared as a judge in front of Kirk, so... there are some similarities :lol:

I always found it to be a nice idea to view Trelane as a relative to Q (not his son, though)... I think they'd get along great with each other... :(

(oh and, yeah, read 'Q-Squared' *nods*... great novel indeed)

Plus, the arrogance can be taught. I totally suck at names, but that girl in that one episode of TNG whose parents turned out to be Q, and was later discovered to be Q herself, had none of the arrogance. Rather humble at times, she was. Riker became somewhat arrogant when he temporarily had the powers of Q (though not Frakes' best acting, and Riker as a character can come off as arrogant at times).

Lastly, as Guinan said, "Not all the Q are alike. Some of them are almost respectable."

Plus, the arrogance can be taught.  I totally suck at names, but that girl in that one episode of TNG whose parents turned out to be Q, and was later discovered to be Q herself, had none of the arrogance.  Rather humble at times, she was.  Riker became somewhat arrogant when he temporarily had the powers of Q (though not Frakes' best acting, and Riker as a character can come off as arrogant at times).

Lastly, as Guinan said, "Not all the Q are alike.  Some of them are almost respectable."

356859[/snapback]

Amanda was her name

I thought Trelane used some kind of machine behind a mirror for his powers. Though it has been quite a long time since I have seen this episode, I probably have forgotten the specifics.