Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

A dominion fighter?

If the Dominion had a small, one person fighter craft (Not the larger, 70+ meter attackers that were featured prominantly) what would it look like? I think it might resemble...

This ugly Duckling....

f2018102.jpg

Does that look somewhat accurate?

Impressive estimate. I think that the extremities should be raised a little higher and the top layer removed but otherwise I'd say that'd be quite accurate. Did you design it yourself?

Dominion one man fighters would be scary to face in combat. Imagine a swarm of them all going on suicide runs at the same time. At the speed the Dominion builds ships and clones troops, you could literally see thousands of them in any one combat.

Impressive estimate. I think that the extremities should be raised a little higher and the top layer removed but otherwise I'd say that'd be quite accurate. Did you design it yourself?

356387[/snapback]

Actually, it was a clever manipulation of a forward view of a Dominion Attacker...

Dominion one man fighters would be scary to face in combat.  Imagine a swarm of them all going on suicide runs at the same time.  At the speed the Dominion builds ships and clones troops, you could literally see thousands of them in any one combat.

356474[/snapback]

Very true. But, would they be very good fighters? Or would they be shotty, expendable craft built for an expendable pilot? If the latter, than it would be possible that a Starfleet-built Fighter might actually be able to defend the fleet against it.

Well, starfleet did use the Peregrine class fighters in several large fleet battles, mostly as decoys or strafing runs. I think the Jem'Hadar would be a good pilot in one man craft. They did seem to move the larger vessels around fairly effectively.