Sign in to follow this  
KIMIMELA

The doctor didn't exist?

He was a hologram but he existed. He was still a person, just not flesh and blood. He was photons and force fields.

355763[/snapback]

So the joke, "I'm a doctor, not a ...." was true then?

He was still a doctor. He was programmed with the knowledge and experience of 47 physicans.

355765[/snapback]

WOW! No wonder he sounded so itellegent! But, I don't understand why they used a hologram, why not a normal doctor like Beverley?

They did have a human doctor but he died in the first episode along with the rest of the medical staff and the doctor was the emergency replacement. There was nobody else sufficiently qualified to take over so they had to use the EMH, the doctor, full time.

His relationship with Seven was quite endearing, that and the occassional bit of comedy mixed with arrogance was what I liked about him.

I think the Hologram Doctor was the best character of the series, his were the most interesting episodes and stories... to me anyway.

355770[/snapback]

I have only watched a few episodes of Voyager, VaBeachGuy. I, too, think he was the best character. He was so funny. I was horried to find out he's not 'real'. I always found 3 of 7 (not the member! :frusty: ) to be quite scrict and serious, IMHO.

I always found 7 of 9 to be quite scrict and serious, IMHO.

355777[/snapback]

Do you mean 7 of 9?

355797[/snapback]

:huh: :eek::jaw: B) :frusty: B) B) *Hides her face in her arms to stop herself from laughing and chokes*

Of course, that is what I said. Right? B)

He was real. Author, Author dealt with issues of his rights and while it didn't fully answer the "is he real" question I think it answered it well enough.

I alway believed that the EMH on Voyager was the best doctor between all the ST doc's. Yes "Bones" will always be the most "loved". But by creating a "holographic" character made his character the most versatile bounded only by the writers imagination. And it was a logical advance in technology which is always nice to see in the startrek universe.

the doctor exsited. he is my favorite character even more so since i read the hologram handbook. he was funny. he was a lot of things beyond his original programming that made him even more special. how many holograms can sing?

tm :frusty:

Yeah... I don't even care for the original series, and I'll say you can't touch Bones. I didn't much care for Beverly... Bashir was cool, but more of a buddy type guy than doctor most of the time... Holodoc, well, you either love him or you hate him. And I don't know anything about ENT's doc or even what his or her name is. I do like the Holodoc, but Bones... well, from the movies, anyway, was quite a character.

If you (the original poster) meant that the doctor wasn't a physical person born of sin (so to speak), then no. He's based on a "real" person, Dr. Louis Zimmerman, who is in a couple Voyager episodes and one Deep Space Nine episode ("Dr. Bashir, I Presume"). The EMH is in that one as well, but it's not Voyager's Holodoc, it's one of the many countless EMH's aboard starships. (There's an EMH on the Enterprise-E; he's called in Star Trek: First Contact; again, same actor.)

But to be specific, the Holodoc's "persona" was defined by his programming complemented with his experiences on Voyager. And he was able to move freely about the ship only after an episode where a 29th century "holographic emitter" was acquired somehow (I know but won't spoil it).

Is the Doctor real? how can anyone say that he is not.His real as any of the other characters in the series.He will remain so just as long as there are Voyager fans out there to keep his memory alive.

H200

of course the doctor is real it isn't as if someone made up the program as a joke, the program is exists so does the doctor

He was real. Author, Author dealt with issues of his rights and while it didn't fully answer the "is he real" question I think it answered it well enough.

That was a good one, but what about 'Renaissance Man' that was such a cool episode, he takes on the crew and does a great job of it, like when he disarmed Tuvok and got away, until his gullability factor hit him hard :yahoo: