Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The "Worst Episode"

Oh, I think "Spock's Brain" is by far the "winner" in this category. Only one good line, IMHO, which I quoted on another thread, so apologies to those who've seen it twice.

"Is that you, Dr. McCoy? And are you with the captain?"

"Well, where else would I be?"

'nuff said.

And I also feel badly for LN - he objected strongly to shooting this script. And that pic of DFK in that clear plastic colander...what the heck were they thinking? Was anyone thinking?

And that pic of DFK in that clear plastic colander...what the heck were they thinking?  Was anyone thinking?

:tear: Yeah you'd think, in an episode with a title like that, someone should have been doing some thinking! :idea:

The Omega Glory...I just didn't get how and why that american flag was there. And the entire Comms and Yank thing was kind of ridiculous. I thought A Private Little war was a better interpretation on whatever they were trying to do there. However, I thought that fight between kirk and the renegade captain was pretty neat.

And that pic of DFK in that clear plastic colander...what the heck were they thinking?  Was anyone thinking?

:tear: Yeah you'd think, in an episode with a title like that, someone should have been doing some thinking! :idea:

Is this the picture you're talking about. Looks like a clear salon-type hair dryer doesn't it.

tosep061.gif

tosep061.gif

Is this the picture you're talking about.  Looks like a clear salon-type hair dryer doesn't it.

Yep, thats the one, I'd like to know what's up with all those spark plugs and fuel injecters!

The worst TOS episode would have to be "The Way to Eden". Followed close by "Spock's Brain".

BTW "The Omega Glory" is one of my favorites :tear:

The worst TOS episode would have to be "The Way to Eden".  Followed close by "Spock's Brain".

BTW "The Omega Glory" is one of my favorites  :tear:

The Omega Glory was an awesome episode. that along with a few others was written as a possible 2nd pilot. When "Where No Man Has Gone Before" was chosen the others were shelved until the series started and then they were used as epiosdes. Another one was Mudds Women, that was a potential 2nd pilot as well.

I like The Omega Glory as well VaBeachGuy. One of the best in my opinion but I think they made the right choice with Where No Man Has Gone Before, possibily my favourite ever episode from all the series of Star Trek.

Omega Glory with a little rewriting IMO could have been a great ep. But I think the worst episodes were Spock's Brain and Turnabout Intruder. Shatner looked ridiculous trying to portray femininity. It was a bad way to end the series. Spock's Brain was written by people on LSD. This was made in the 60's you know. :laugh:

Come on, the cat thing was fairly cool!

I was just wandering over this thread and the mention of Sylvia turning into a cat reminded me of Isis, Gary 7 cat, which also had the ability to morph into a woman. I wonder if there is a connection...

I get it, :laugh: But seriously, the aliens from Catspaw were from another Galaxy, right? Gary 7 said he was taken to a Solar System 'far away’, add to that the similarities between Isis and Silvia and I come up with a theory the two were from the same place but with different agendas, Isis was a good kitty but Silvia was a minx! Keep on Trekking!

Not every episode is a "winner". I think the worst episode of TOS was "The Way To Eden".

075_03.jpg

Any other opinions about what the "worst" one was?

I think all the men should have to wear that outfit to the convention. What do you think? Nudge%20Nudge.giflaughing-smiley-002.gif

Spocks Brain was the worse thing I've ever seen on TV.

I didn't like way to Eden, but not for the reason others do. I was offended by the way hippies were portrayed as Stupid crazy people. (heck I was a hippy at the time).

And ya all got to remember, 60's TV shows were about the 60's -- no matter how they dressed them up. The issues were 60's issues. And sometimes Trek hit you over the head with them. Like Omega Glory, and the one with Frank Gorshin being black on the wrong side. Those episodes may not fly nowadays, but they did make us thing a little back then

The worst episode of TOS is episode 79,hands down. If anyone knows this episode "Turnabout Intruder", then you understand why I chose this one. :innocent::laugh:

The worst episode of TOS is episode 79,hands down.  If anyone knows this episode "Turnabout Intruder", then you understand why I chose this one. :innocent:  :laugh:

I could go along with that too. But I still think Eden takes the cake lol...Futuristic hippies... lol

Not every episode is a "winner". I think the worst episode of TOS was "The Way To Eden".

075_03.jpg

Any other opinions about what the "worst" one was?

I think all the men should have to wear that outfit to the convention. What do you think? Nudge%20Nudge.giflaughing-smiley-002.gif

Don't even think about it!

I unfortunately have to say one of the first episodes I saw of TOS(on reruns when i was little, before TNG came out) was Spock's Brain. I remembering asking my mom if she liked Trek, and she said yes...I shook my head, rolled my eyes and said "Mom, its silly!Do you gotta watch it?" I hated that epsiode!!!! but then, my mom also disliked that episode, and so did my sister(her favorite TOS character is Spock, btw).

I like them all but if I had to pick least favorites ...

Season One:

What Are Little Girls Made Of?

Miri (I liked the story but the planet was just like Earth, "another Earth", the odds of which are astronomical. I would have liked it better had the planet simply been another class M planet ... not a duplicate of Earth)

Season Two:

Friday's Child ("Do you say, you will fight me?". And they drag a pregnant woman about to give birth all over the place and half way up a mountain.)

The Gamesters Of Triskelion (just didn't care for it)

The Omega Glory (It started off great but then it became a battle of the yankees and communists in a flag waving patriotic grade school history class ... yawn. Sorry VaBeachGuy, it's just personal preference.)

Season Three:

The Savage Curtain (just plain corny)

Turnabout Intruder (although I thought Shatner did a good job playing a woman, lol)

BTW, I actually liked Spock's Brain. I liked the exploratory asspects of it ... space exploration, I luv it!

Edited by Big_Steve

The last time someone on Star Trek said "I can be any woman you want" was Vina when speaking to Captain Pike. I would have been quite happy with the way she already looked (and by that I mean the way the actress looked and not the disfigured way that the character really looked). I've just ordered the episode of the Twilight Zone that she appears in, apparently it is quite good, have you seen it?
I've just ordered the episode of the Twilight Zone that she appears in, apparently it is quite good, have you seen it?

I'm not sure if I've seen it or not, I don't remember seeing a TZ with the Vena actress starring so I guess I haven't but do you have the title or better, a synopsis of the episode?

Spock's brain was pretty bad, but the one that drives me up the wall is the one with the Yangs and the Comms - I wish I could remember the name. When that "familiar looking" flag was brought out, I actually yelled "WHAT?!?!? :blink: They've GOT to be kidding!!!"

I HATE that episode! It may not be the absolute worst, but that ending..... :lol:

That was "The Omega Glory", which was actually written as a possible second pilot doe NBC to pick from. I liked the episode personally. Especially at the end when Uhura points out that they aren't "Sun" worshipers but rather "Son" worshipers.

Omega glory was not the ep that had the son worrishipers that one was the ep when they went to a world that rome had taken over the whole world of cource now that I am writing I can't rember the tittle sorry. I have to agree I think that spock's brain is the worse.

Edit: the ep with the son worishipers was bread and circuses thanks to VBG for the link to st.com so I could easly look it up. :blink:

Edited by fredbroca

Omega glory was not the ep that had the son worrishipers that one was the ep when they went to a world that rome had taken over the whole world of cource now that I am writing I can't rember the tittle sorry.  I have to agree I think that spock's brain is the worse.

That's right, the episode I was thinking of was "Bread and Circuses", I still liked "The Omega Glory". It's one of the early gems I think.

I pick "Spock's Brain",too.

I actually enjoyed the Space Hippies :blink:

The way I looked at it, using a brain as a computer was more "Future" then 1960's hippies in metalic looking clothes.

To me TOS sometimes had too much 1960's social comment.

The last time someone on Star Trek said "I can be any woman you want" was Vina when speaking to Captain Pike. I would have been quite happy with the way she already looked (and by that I mean the way the actress looked and not the disfigured way that the character really looked). I've just ordered the episode of the Twilight Zone that she appears in, apparently it is quite good, have you seen it?
I've just ordered the episode of the Twilight Zone that she appears in, apparently it is quite good, have you seen it?

I'm not sure if I've seen it or not, I don't remember seeing a TZ with the Vena actress starring so I guess I haven't but do you have the title or better, a synopsis of the episode?

It also stars Roddy McDowall. He is a space explored and lands on this planet where he is well looked after and in the end it turns out that he is an exibit in the local zoo!!!

It also stars Roddy McDowall. He is a space explored and lands on this planet where he is well looked after and in the end it turns out that he is an exibit in the local zoo!!!

I remember now, at the end RMcD says, quoting a friend which had warned him of the danger: "People are alike all over!" That quote may be the title of the episode.

I don't really have a least favorite TOS episode.There's nothing about The Original Series I dislike,not even the much maligned 3rd season.But,if I have to pick an episode for this dubious distinction,I'll pick "Turnabout Intruder".