Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Do You Know Someone Famous?

anyway, I was just wondering if you know anyone that is famous or one of their family members? Are you related to some one famous? Famous just doesn't include movie or tv stars, but politicians or ancestors that are in history books and so on, people we may have heard of

Why I ask this question is because I'm surprised how many people I know that have famous relatives or have actually appeared in movies.

-My brother's science teacher is Mr. Yearwood, he revealed to us that he is Trisha Yearwood's brother. For those who don't know, TY is a famous country singer engaged to Garth Brooks. Mr. Yearwood also happens to be a hardcore Trek fan!

- My drama teacher in high school was an extra in movies. In class, we watched a movie he was in called "Stars and Bars" starring Daniel Day Lewis. It was cool to see my teacher walk right past DDL! He was an extra but you could see him very good in the scenes he was in

- One of my friends in high school is the nephew of one of the B-52's who did the song "Love Shack" among other hits

- Another friend of mine is a descendant of Patrick Henry who said "Give me liberty or Give me death"

so do you know anyone that is related to famous people or that has been on TV? I just wonder because if I know people I bet it's not uncommon

Edited by Gamera

Well it's always by degrees of seperation.

A friend of mine here was talking about going to her sisters place on a tropical island. So I said "what does her husband do that they can afford a home there", and she told me "he does commerical work", so I asked, "would I know him?" and she laughed. She said, "you wouldn't know him, but you know his voice. He does the voice of the Pillsbury Dough Boy". Totally shocked me, :dude::hug:

My sister in law, as a child, used to get driven to school to and from school by Annette Funicello. She was in the car pool group that her mom was in.

In the "House of Sand and Fog", one of the actresses is my sister in laws Auntie, and also her best friend [her aunts] whom she [my sister in law has known forever] was a major character in that movie, and The Hotel Rowanda. I've meet them both many times.

As far as family history relations there are connections to John Wilkes Booth, Robert E Lee, Justin Timberlake, John Smith, and we're this close to connecting the Wright Brothers to the family.

Supposedly I have an ancestor on my dad's side who was one of the drafters of the US Constitution. I don't believe it, but that's what I hear.

I don't remember the name but I do know that this person was removed from whatever office he had after a political scandal. (For all I know the scandal might have been his support of the Constitution.)

Hmm......

-my mom was an extra in a few movies

-a friend of mine's cousin is Halle Berry.

-we live near the Clooney family and one of the guys from Montgomery/Gentry (country music).

But do I actually know anyone famous? Nope. :dude:

I know some local TV and radio people... I'm also on the radio and last night to girls stop me on my way home from college to get my picture and to tell me that I should go to a dance with a friend of thiers. They took the pictures, but I really don't want to go back to my old high school for a dance.

My great-great-granduncle, Hon. John G. Patterson, was a two state senator in Iowa:

Click For Spoiler

Family lore says that this Patterson line may be connected to Col. Robert Patterson but we haven't found it yet. Col. Robert Patterson founded Cincinnati, OH and Lexington, KY. One of his sons founded National Cash Register Company (now NCR) and he is the grandfather of Frank Stuart Patterson who is the Patterson that Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is named after.

My brother went to high school with two famous people. In our home town, he went to high school with former LA King Charlie Simmer and in Calgary with Bruce Hart of the wrestling Hart family. My cousin went to the same high school with the late Owen Hart.

My high school Language Arts teacher was related to author Stephen Leacock.

I had met a number of hockey players when the Winnipeg Jets were still around. I used to get tickets to games in Calgary and Edmonton from one Jet player (no I wasn't a groupie).

I worked at a law firm where one of the lawyers was the brother-in-law of Willard Reeves (he played for Washington in the NFL but started his pro career in the CFL in Winnipeg).

My brother went to high school with two famous people. In our home town, he went to high school with former LA King Charlie Simmer and in Calgary with Bruce Hart of the wrestling Hart family. My cousin went to the same high school with the late Owen Hart.

:dude:

Incredible. :hug:

somewhere along the line i'm related to elizabeth blackwell the first woman doctor. i have bowled next to a famous pro bowler.

i don't know any famous people maybe future famous people. i do know of some famous people.

in my area i live in it has a lot of famous a lot of famous people from here. designer tommy hillfiger, astronaut eileen collins, golfer joey sindelar, pro bowler ryan shaffer, the guy who does the close to home comic strip, mark twain has written a few of his books here, the bodine brothers from auto racing, a few famous baseball players. there might be more in there somewhere that i can't think of.

tm

Met Quiet Riot, but only in passing.

Spoke to both Pat Boone and Cecil Fielder on the phone

Was in email correspondence with a then-nationally syndicated deejay.

A coworker of mine is related to two of the O'Jays.

In other words, not really.

I'm sorta related to Johnny Weismuller (he was Tarzan in a bunch of Tarzan movies from the early 30's to the mid 40's. He was my grandmother's 2nd cousin). Also, there were several Hollywood directors and producers back in the 1920's and 30's that I was told are distant relations.

My old lecturer used to star in some movies. He taught Film Studies last year.

We have met some famous fishermen.

My dad has met Robbie William's mum- without knowing it!

My grandpa was an extra in the series Lonesome Dove.

I know that my family has a castle back in France called the Saint Germaine Castle, which is from one of my great-great -somethings, but i'm not sure if he was a noble or what.. Also, i know myself, and i'm pretty famous :dude::assimilated: :P

One of the spiders was on this thread and I figured I'd bump it.

The only famous person I know personally is George Benson. He and his wife are a very sweet couple.

Once right after she married K-fed I came close to plowing over Britney Spears in the mall because the dingbat wasn't watching where she was going.

i know emeimen aka marshall mathers

hung out at my sisters house when he was a kid

also the members of insane clown posse.

and blast from the past the members of grand funk railroad

Me, I have done extra'ing and seen papers.

My friends grandfather was a guy called windsor Davis (hisshowwas It ain't 'alf hot)

My cousin was a pro footballer for Queen's Park Rangers and Millwall as well as Chelsea under 21's, his father was also on 1970'stv

I come from an area loaded with celebs, I just don't notice them anymore.

I have been drinking with many of the economists Master Q used to post about here, several of whom have been on TV and radio, but I don't know if you would call them famous.

A friend of mine used to date a starter for the 49ers but I forget the name. I do know he was traded a couple years ago but I don't know what team got him.

Famous people I have met, however, include:

Majel Barrett (Gene Rodenbery's wife, Nurse Chappel, Lwoxanna Troi, and the voice of Starfleet computers)

Milton Friedman (Nobel Laureate in Economics - I even had my picture taken with him shortly before his death)

David Friedman (Milton Friedman's son - We had him over for drinks once)

Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed)

John Forbes Nash (Nobel Laureate in Economics - and the person Russel Crowe played in A Beautiful Mind)

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I know my guitar instructor is famous- Justin Sandercoe- he taught Katie Melua and been in her band.

My other guitar instuctor :laugh:- Ben Lowrey- used to be in a band called "The Red Hot Silli Feckers", a tribute to the Chilli Peppers! :laugh:

My wife knows William B. Davis. AKA Cancer Man from the X-Files.

Edited by WishfireOmega

I'm friends with Steve Geppi, one of the owners of the Orioles, publisher of Baltimore Magazine,largest book/magazine distributor in the world and probably the richest guy in Maryland.

D1ck Hoak of the Pittsburgh Steelers, the only NFL coach in the NFL to have 5 Superbowl rings is my 3rd cousin, I think he was the Running back coach under Noll & Cowher

I know Mike Rowe, host of the "Dirty Jobs" TV show. He and I worked at a gas station together when we were teens.

I know Mike Rowe, host of the "Dirty Jobs" TV show. He and I worked at a gas station together when we were teens.

Do you post at the Dirty Jobs website - I haven't for some time but at the time he was responding to some of the posts personally. Someone asked him if he liked Star Trek - he doesn't care for the prime directive from what I remember.

You'd be a big hit over there.

Do you post at the Dirty Jobs website - I haven't for some time but at the time he was responding to some of the posts personally. Someone asked him if he liked Star Trek - he doesn't care for the prime directive from what I remember.

You'd be a big hit over there.

I've never been on the website. I'll have to check it out!

Bruce Smith, though I haven't seen him since I went to his house for a "going away party" right before he started his first training camp for the Redskins.

bruce_smith_MDavidLeeds.jpg