VaBeachGuy

Country Music?

Are you a Country Music Fan?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Country Music Fan?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Absolutely,VBG.I grew up with country music.Both of my parents were southerners and loved music.My father was particularly fond of Charlie Pride.While I have an inclination toward R&B and Soul,I appreciate a good country tune as well as the next guy.

I think it sucks, except for modern country like Shinia Twain, and that song called 'Who's Ya Daddy?', dont know who sings it though.

:clap: Bel Ami :)

"Who's Your Daddy?" is sung by Toby Keith off his Unleashed cd.

I grew up listening to country music,and my wife loves it.I prefer New Age and classical.When it comes to country,I prefer the older stuff (pre-1970's),to the codswallop that is being produced by Nashville at present.

I voted sometimes. It depends on what type of mood I am in. I usually am not a fan, but my whole family has started listening to it regularly, and it's starting to grow on me.

I like country music just fine.Particularly Willie Nelson,Waylon Jennings,Kris Kristofferson,some Hank Williams Jr,and some Johnny Cash....absolutely love Patsy Kline,and a lot of the older bluegrass. :saintdevil:

Sometimes.....but I gotta be in the mood for it.........or drunk.........or both........

This poll is more evenly split than I thought it would be.

I have to agree. I thought it would end up with a pretty big gap one way or the other.

I have to admit, most modern *mainstream* country makes me gag. Can't stand Shania, Kenny, Alan, Garth, Rascal Flatts, etc. BLECH!

Older country, I'm down for. Buck Owens, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Johnny Horton, Jim Reeves, etc. That's the good stuff.

And I can tolerate the non-mainstream modern country, the stuff called progressive, alternative, and insurgent country. You know, indie label stuff that still has the ol' time backwoods feel to it.

Big time fan here. I've seen Alabama in concert several times and I am a big fan of Vince Gill, Faith Hill, and BlackHawk. For the most part, I can listen to any type of music except metal and hard rock--imo that stuff is for uneducated trash.

I feel I should add that the modern mainstream country songs I *do* like are usually the ones with a twist of humor to it: "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere," "Prop Me Up Besides The Jukebox (When I Die)," "Love You" by Jack Ingram (I think it's Jack), etc. I also like "Cadillac Tears," because the tune is so reminiscent of "Jingle Bell Rock."

the modern stuff is the genre of country I like the most.

Alison Krauss

Montgomery Gentry

Big & Rich

Toby Keith

Kenny Chesney

Brad Paisley

Rascal Flatts

Carrie Underwood

Shania Twain

Tim McGraw

Diamond Rio

Josh Turner

Blake Shelton

the modern stuff is the genre of country I like the most.

Alison Krauss

Montgomery Gentry

Big & Rich

Toby Keith

Kenny Chesney

Brad Paisley

Rascal Flatts

Carrie Underwood

Shania Twain

Tim McGraw

Diamond Rio

Josh Turner

Blake Shelton

I like most of them too, though I'm not a real big Big & Rich fan. John Rich hasn't really had a lot of success since he left Lonestar but one of his solo songs was really good.

I'm not a fan, though there are a few songs here and there that I like. And Johnny Cash, of course.

Yes I love Country Music! 11.gif

I like the most.

Travis Tritt

Brad Paisley

Joe Nichols

Toby Keith

Trace Adkins

Rascal Flatts

Kenny Chesney

Montgomery Gentry

Craig Morgan

Blake Shelton

Dwight Yoakam

LOL yes you could say the Hang likes country..Don willaims,Charlie Rich,Johnny Cash,Crystal Gayle just to name a few... :blink:

If someone is listening to a country station I sometimes hear something I like. I do not how ever chose to listen to country by choice :rockon: