Star Trek and Monty Python

Are you a fan of Trek and Python?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a fan of Trek and Python?

• Yes, I like them both equally
    • Yes, but I like Trek more
    • Yes, but I like Python more
    • No, I don't like Monty Python

I was just at st.com when I saw the Word of the Day is "NI" with the following definition:

NEE - noun. The most notable of the sacred words the knights are assigned to protect. The others are "Peng" and "Neee-Wom". All are infamous (but none more so than "Ni") for the unimaginable horror and fear they bring about, whether uttered by the knights or not.

Those of you who are Python fans know this ain't Trek. It's from Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail. This got me thinking because I had noticed here and at other boards that there seem to be a large number of Trek fans who are also Python fans so I thought I'd do a poll.

I've always been a Python fan myself but I do consider myself a bigger Trek fan.

I do like them both about the same but I can watch trek anytime I want, python on the other hand I really need to be in a group to watch.

Note: Increased the font size as the size 1 font is very difficult to read.

Edited by Takara_Soong

I like them both Equally, Got all Python on DVD so can watch it whenever I want. but like fredbroca i need to be in a group to watch Python, Its more enjoyable that way.

I love them both, Altho I discovered Star Trek several years before Python. I saw the title in the TV Guide and thought it was going to be an actual circus. It took a while to really understand what was actually going on but when I did you couldn'tkeep me away from it. One of the benefits I gained from Python was educational. They were constantly making so many refrences to History, Philosophy, Art that i had to do alot of research just so i could understand most of the jokes. :)

It would have been great if one (or all) of the pythons had appeared on one of the Trek series. Cleese would have made a great alien (I believe he may have been on a Dr. Who episode).

I like both equally. If I had to choose one or the other, I don't think I could. :)

I was just at st.com when I saw the Word of the Day is "NI" with the following definition:

NEE - noun. The most notable of the sacred words the knights are assigned to protect. The others are "Peng" and "Neee-Wom". All are infamous (but none more so than "Ni") for the unimaginable horror and fear they bring about, whether uttered by the knights or not.

Those of you who are Python fans know this ain't Trek. It's from Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail. This got me thinking because I had noticed here and at other boards that there seem to be a large number of Trek fans who are also Python fans so I thought I'd do a poll.

I've always been a Python fan myself but I do consider myself a bigger Trek fan.

I saw that word of the day this morning over at ST.com.. :) That surprised me for sure..I like Monty Python..Their movies are very funny..Not quite Trek was enjoyable none the less..

I love Python.

I can remember when church was telling my older siblings not to go see "Life of Brian".

They did, of course, go to see it with my parents!!! :)

That is one of my favorite Python's.

When together, we often quote Python shows and movies, mostly in high pitched voices.

"It's only a flesh wound"

I am actually planning to establish an official Monty Python club by 2006 called the Dead Parrot Society, the Find the Fish Firing Squad, or something equally silly but Pythonesque.

post-812-1105228767.png

I keep coconut halves in my backpack daily in case I'm in the mood for an re-enactment of setting out for either Camelot or the Holy Grail.

Inherited a love for both from my mom. I'm taking her to go see spamalot this spring!

Spamalot is a lot of fun. I saw it several years ago.

I adore both equally. Thooough you can KEEP Part 6b(I think it was b, might have been part 6a), the whole fat puking guy I could have done totally without from Meaning of Life