Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

A little help from my friends PLEASE

As you know, Voyager is my favorite Trek series. But there have been several episodes that I would like to forget ever happened. One episode in particular has for some reason been popping in and out of my consciousness lately. When it aired, it totally disgusted me. Now whenever I see that it's on again, I refuse to watch it.....But for some reason at this moment the title escapes me. So help me out if you can. In this episode Tom Paris contacts some terrible disorder. His behavior becomes totally irrational. He turns into a being that no longer looks human. He kidnaps the Captain, takes off in a shuttle and goes to some far off planet. Tom's metablolic make up continues to change, and now so does the Captain. In fact they both begin to look like insects. And Tom mates with her, and they have off spring. Of course Voyager finds them before long and beams them both back onto the ship.......leaving the off spring on the planet below. Does anyone recall the name of this episode, and what season it falls under? I hated this episode. Don't know why it's bugging me now. But still would like to recall the title. :)

Well, supposedly, going at infinite speed caused Tom Paris to super-evolve, it wasn't till he landed himself and Janeway on a swamp-planet that they evolved into Lizards. :) Anywho, I rather enjoyed this episode. I thought it was one of the better episodes of Season 2, right up there with "Deadlock". :(

Not my favorite either. Scary to think that the Captain and Tom Paris had kids (if you can call them that) together.

nervous.gif :)

Thanks to each of you for helping and sharing information on this episode.........It's also neat to know that a good many of you had feelings similar to mine about the story line. :) :)

I hated that epesode as well.

i was also thinking that if they could go to wrap 10 y not use it to get home because the docter had found a cure because he managed to turn tom and the captain back to humans.

But then they would never of gotten 7of9 so i guess it was best like that. :)

Yeah I never saw the connection between flying at an infinate speed at superevolving. It was just a random plot twist. I did find the episode interesting, but not great.

I really think that you needed to look at this in a supernatural point of view, with the Warp 10 flight basically was suppose to be the limitations of a ship. It is just as though you are going so fast that your molecules are going as fast as well, making you evolve fast, I enjoyed this episode, maybe I enjoyed the fact that we would turn into Lizards instead of Apes... (hehehehe), but I think it was well protrayed on how sometimes we cannot be prefect. If VOY completed this task would you like to see the technology to fall into the wrong hands?

I wonder what happened to the off spring. Maybe thay destroyed the eco system on the planet and it's now a barren wasteland.

It was not my favorite episode either. How could they "evolve" into what looked like a lower life form? Were those creatures even sentient? Did Janeway and Paris remember anything? The whole plot was not thought out.

I really think that you needed to look at this in a supernatural point of view, with the Warp 10 flight basically was suppose to be the limitations of a ship. It is just as though you are going so fast that your molecules are going as fast as well, making you evolve fast, I enjoyed this episode, maybe I enjoyed the fact that we would turn into Lizards instead of Apes... (hehehehe), but I think it was well protrayed on how sometimes we cannot be prefect. If VOY completed this task would you like to see the technology to fall into the wrong hands?

The thing was that they couldn't "reach" Warp 10, not that it was the limit. However fast your ship goes, you're going that fast too. So, what do you mean by molecules going as fast as the ship? Humans won't turn into Lizards, and why did you think we'd turn into apes? :clap: Tom was "super evolving", somehow triggered by achieving Warp 10 - being everywhere in the galaxy at once. He didn't "turn into a lizard" till he landed with Janeway on the swamp planet. I think he and Janeway were evolving to suit their environments.

The thing was that they couldn't "reach" Warp 10, not that it was the limit. However fast your ship goes, you're going that fast too. So, what do you mean by molecules going as fast as the ship? Humans won't turn into Lizards, and why did you think we'd turn into apes? :clap: Tom was "super evolving", somehow triggered by achieving Warp 10 - being everywhere in the galaxy at once. He didn't "turn into a lizard" till he landed with Janeway on the swamp planet. I think he and Janeway were evolving to suit their environments.

I think you will find that they did cross the warp 10 threshold in the episode discussed, unless you actually mean that they could not withstand the threshold. It could therefore be argued that warp ten is the limit after considering the effects on the crew involved. :dude:

warp 10, hmmm.....wouldnt they have done it, even though the side affects were reptilian......the doctor could heal them, he wouldnt be affected and theyd be home!