Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Where Do You Think He's From?

We all know that Trip is from Florida. But I'm pretty sure they never say which city he was born and raised in. He went to school in Panama City, but where was he born and raised?

I've been to Florida many many times and I was just wondering where you think he lived? If you had to guess, where would he be?

Panama City? Jacksonville? Pensacola? Orlando? Miami? Gainesville? Where?

Pensacola. I just imagined hearing Trip saying each city, and Pensacola sounded right.

OK, so it's weird. I'm sticking withh Pensacola. :inlove:

Edited by BakulaBabe

so it would be south florida

here's a map of the Florida Everglades.

everglades-map.gif

so it could still be Miami and other places like that

Edited by Gamera

I say northern Florida.Somewhere near the Georgia state line.

Or along the panhandle.

There's a difference (albeit subtle) between northern and southern Floridians.

Northern Floridians being a little more "down home,country".Trip's definitely a north Florida boy.

here look at this

fr1824.gif

Trip has mentioned how he used to swim at Tarpon Springs. That is real close to Tampa, so it's possible he could be from there

But I agree, he has a pretty thick southern accent to be from there. He sounds more like southern Georgia rather than southern Florida

Edited by Gamera

This was one of my contentions about the lack of continuity in the characters. Yes, they had him around 10 or 11 living in Panama City; however after the Xindi attack they have him sharing memories of growing up in South Florida - probably South Central and apparently that was where the family home was. In Precious Cargo he also talks about hurricanes coming up through the Everglades to wherever he lived?

My personal opinion is that writers just pick names off a map so maybe viewers will think they know what they're talking about.

He could be a good ole NE Florida boy - but was he a Gator or Seminole that is the question?

This was one of my contentions about the lack of continuity in the characters.  Yes, they had him around 10 or 11 living in Panama City; however after the Xindi attack they have him sharing memories of growing up in South Florida - probably South Central and apparently that was where the family home was.  In Precious Cargo he also talks about hurricanes coming up through the Everglades to wherever he lived? 

My personal opinion is that writers just pick names off a map so maybe viewers will think they know what they're talking about.

He could be a good ole NE Florida boy - but was he a Gator or Seminole that is the question?

353846[/snapback]

Maybe so.. I have not gotten to see much Enterprise, but he does sound closer to Northern Florida versus Southern Florida.

Maybe he is from a smaller town, that people would not automatically associate with Florida (unless you are from here).. like say, Palatka or Interlachen.

Me I have been at both ends of the state, born in South Florida and raised here in Northeastern FL.

Maybe he is from a smaller town, that people would not automatically associate with Florida (unless you are from here).. like say, Palatka or Interlachen.

Sopchoppy, Hastings, Bunnell, Middleburg, Yulee, Waldo, Lawtey, Barberville. :inlove:

I could see him as a regular at Angel's though.

http://www.papajoesmarina.com/timm/old-flo...-palatka-lg.jpg

had to add another link - this is a painting on the side of a building.

conlee mural project

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

353846[/snapback]

I remember Trip mentioning Pensacola several times. Perhaps he lived there from time to time, training at Pensacola NAS or even Eglin AFB.

UnicornHunter, I can only hope he's a Seminole like us. :P :lol: He's too nice to be a Gator! :inlove: