Sign in to follow this  
KIMIMELA

Should I continue with videos

I've had real big hassle with some videos.

I have Star Trek: TNG Videos

and

I visited my nearest Entertainment suppliers last saturday to order the last video in the series- 1.8. The guy told me the videos have finished.

But, I managed to sign up to Amazon just and I got the last video! :lol:

Should I get the DVDs for the next 6 seasons?

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

If you preffer the VHS opposed to DVDs then try to find the others. If you find them then try to order as many as you can at once. The DVDs are expensive but the only reason I get DVDs is for special features. If I had already seen a movie on DVD and seen all the special features, it is only logical to get the VHS. That is if you do not care for the special features, unless the VHS has some on a tape.

I would say get DVD's because they will last longer and less likly to break, but like sea trooper said if you prefer VHS then get as many as you can straight away.

I myself only deal with DVD's now. Video tapes are "yesterday's technology". Soon they won't be supported by many if any companies. Similar to the Beta tapes of the 80's.

my dad refuses to use the dvd player I bought him, it interferes with the VCR is his cry. he tries to make me get videos of latest releases he won't believe that none are now made

At the moment, my life long dream is to get EVERY single TNG and VOY episode on tape.

I'm about 1/3 done!

I say have the tapes for collectors items.

But the DVD's for watching

I would say get DVD's because they will last longer and less likly to break, but like sea trooper said if you prefer VHS then get as many as you can straight away.

353569[/snapback]

I completely agree. I have a couple movies on video that I've had to buy new copies of in the past because the image quality deteriorated so much with frequent viewing. As soon as they came out on DVD, I bought them.

The DVDs are great too if you have a DVD drive on your computer. I have a DVD player that allows me to take screen shots. I have DVD audio ripper and DVD ripper software so I can save clips to my computer. DVDs are great!!!

I am not bothered about the special features on them and I've been told if I get the DVDs and start all over again it would work out cheaper. I find it weird that I've already got the videos now and if I get the DVDs too, nobody'lll want the videos. I'll go and search for them but I'll take your advice if I can't find them- get DVDs.

I still tape TOS, TNG and DS9 off of Spike TV and Scifi Channel. I've been recently buying VOY episodes on VHS for $2 each at Dollar General.

The only Trek season DVDs I have bought so far are the first two seasons of Enterprise, which put together with tax have cost me about $214. Not to mention when I buy Enterprise Season 3 next Tuesday that will add another $100. After I buy Season 4 of Enterprise, I don't plan on me buying anymore Trek season of any other series on DVD unless I find them cheap.

I don't order things off of the internet and I only buy them at stores. Since I do that, to buy all of the other seasons of Trek's other series it would cost me

$700 for TNG

+$700 for DS9

+$700 for VOY

+$300 for TOS

$2,400 without tax included

don't have that kind of money to spend on DVDs. :inlove:

Edited by Gamera

don't have that kind of money to spend on DVDs.  :lol:

353680[/snapback]

Exactly my point, I'm not working yet. My dad had to buy me the video and my mum had to buy me my boots. I'm constantly doing I.O.Us and I don't think they would appriate it if I did it for every video. :inlove:

DVD's are the way to go in my opinion, they save so much space. They don't have to be too expensive either, I'd recommend either play.com (or playusa.com for US DVDs) or dvd.co.uk (deals in both UK and US regions) for some good prices.

Finally! I've found the thread! :P

Well, peeps, I've ordered the 1.8 TNG video from Amazon and it came today. Just as I was going through the door to go to college, my postman says, "Parcel". I almost hugged him! :P :) :)

The box is very battered, but the video is wrapped up. I take it's never been watched, but it must be second hand.

I am going to use it as a collective item. Something to look at, to show I'm a Trekkie. :) Nah, I'll watch it later. :hmmm::sus:

I just hope I can find the others now, :) :) :sus:

If you want somethng with descent quality, and that will last for more than 10 years (VHS tapes degrade beyond watchability after about 10 years of use) get the DVDs, which will last for 100s of years.