Sign in to follow this  
MANVERU

You know you're a Star Trek fan when......

I got this idea off of a Star Wars Forum.

Basically post something that desrcibes how much of an absaloute nerd u are at ST!!!

I'll start:

When someone in class makes a commnt about Star Trek, You feel it is your duty to correct them when they say, "Yeah, I love that dude. Data is the coolest """ROBOT""" "

It just makes me so mad :lol:

You turn to the person next to you at sea world and say

" Admiral there be whales here " :lol:

When you mention Star Trek to every person you see in a day. If you don't go through the door, you ring your friends to annoy them about it.

When my wife tells me that I can't name my son Jean Luc or my daughter T'Pol. When my wife refuses to call me by my chosen name - Spock.

When you are in an elevator by yourself, you automatically say "Bridge" as soon as the door shuts........

When some guy says they only watch Voyager to see Seven and you tell them that you just watch TNG to see Trio's mother.

You know you are a Trek fan when you get aggrivated when a coworker does the Vulcan greeting gesture, and says "Nanu- Nanu" instead of "Live Long and Prosper."

(and he has no idea where "Nanu Nanu" comes from anyhow)

You know you are a Trek fan when you designed competitive gymnastics outfits that resemble First Contact era uniforms. Yes they were going to be the blue grey, black with gold collar. I was thrilled when one company had almost EXACTLY what I was searching for... sadly my boss wanted the girls in pretty much plain off the shelf suits you could easily find in the Clearance rack. :lol: Damn, can't the TNG fan catch a break here... LOL.

*For the record, my students loved the suit I had picked. Though sadly most had no clue where I got the design idea from.

You know you are a Trek fan when abovementioned co-worker goes, "Oh you like Star Trek.. with Darth Vader and Chewbacca and all that weird stuff, huh?" and you wish you could stick his head in a refrigerator and slam the door once (ok, ok maybe nothing so violent... but the thought can occur to you in your darkest hours) :P

Edited by Yillara_Soong

when you have six cockatiel birds who chirp and get rowdy when star trek isn't put on tv by noon or if they hear the theme.

...you sign up to Amazon to buy ST:TNG:1.8 just for the sake of completing the first series. :lol:

You wind your mum and dad up so much about talking Trek they tell you to get out of the room ('cuz they're totally not trekkies)

A totally random person walked up to me at college and asked if I'm a Trekkie, in Klingon! :inlove: Then he showed the Vulcan gesture and said 'Live Long and Prosper, Trek Fan'.

I actually show no sign of Trek at college except I show the sign a few times...

You know you are a Trek fan when your younger brother comes running into your room to ask you about scenarios from a specific episode. Only trouble is it is from DS9, and you do not watch that series much.... but you still somehow can answer his questions :inlove:

You channel surf all night looking for something to watch because there are no Star Trek reruns playing during the times when you are home, and nothing seems to 'hit the spot', and so you dejectedly settle for the House and Garden Channel (which turns out to be pretty good if you have a home, but the closest you get to adventure is house hunting).

You know you're a Star Trek fan when......

Your neighbors won't loan you their drill anymore after you complained it goes no higher than "Stun."

You think to "adorn" something means to put ridges on it.

You bought a copy of "Common People", and not as a joke.

You say your favorite brand of rum is "Picardi".

You refer to "Old Yellow Eyes Is Back" as "Spiner Tap."

You accidentally order a "Deep Dish Nine" pizza.

You've actually spray painted a banana barrette steel gray.

You complain to an engineer that your Scotti board "is giving you all she's got!!"

You respond to the question "What you doin'?" with a Scottish accent (say that one aloud, you'll get it.)

You tried to put your ears in the pencil sharpener.

You criticized Perot's campaigns by saying "Do you really want a Ferengi in office?"

You secretly refer to your boss as "Tamalek."

You tried welding metal parts to your body so you can be the Borg. Tried and failed since welding isn't covered under your HMO.