Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

My Name Is Earl

I still like "Earl" and watch it every week but have to admit that this season is sort of a dud. This whole thing with him in jail limits what they can do with him. The show is supposed to be about him making up for all the bad things he had done in the past and this has been scrapped for the most part. Plus, isn't he supposed to have a lot of money from winning the lottery? This hasn't been touched on at all this season.

He only won $10,000 and with the lottery and I think the money is already spent. That's why he got a job in season two, if I remember correctly

The reason he got a job was because he wanted to become responsible. It was never mentioned that he ran out of money. He told himself that it was time he grew up, got a job and his own place and become more responsible.

I just watched the last 2 aired episodes off the DVR, except for the last episode having one cool scene, (Darnell Vulcan pinches a guard) I have to say they were pretty lame. Thank Karma the prison arc is ended.

I just watched the last 2 aired episodes off the DVR, except for the last episode having one cool scene, (Darnell Vulcan pinches a guard) I have to say they were pretty lame. Thank Karma the prison arc is ended.

NOW you know what I've been complaining about! Hopefully now that Earl is out of prison, they can get back to the things that made this show great!

I caught the season premier last night and I am SO glad that this show is back on track! Earl is back to doing his list. I think the producers realized that they strayed far away from what made this show work. Both episodes last night were really good.

Cox DVRs only record 2 things at once, :whistling: ours was recording Survivor and Smallville so no Earl for us this week. I'll have a VCR set for

it by next week.

To get around that problem I usually skip Smallville and watch it the next day on the CW network website. They have full episodes there.

I've got a lot of catching up to do. I never did see the end of the third season. So, I plan to buy Season 3 when it comes out tomorrow and watch it like crazy, then watch the season four episodes I've missed somewhere on the net.

I'm done with this show. The third season was just lousy and it got to the point where I didn't even bother to watch it. I'm even selling my DVDs of the first two seasons because I don't plan to continue buying them, but I don't like having incomplete sets in my collection.

I'm done with this show. The third season was just lousy and it got to the point where I didn't even bother to watch it. I'm even selling my DVDs of the first two seasons because I don't plan to continue buying them, but I don't like having incomplete sets in my collection.

The third season WAS lousy but perhaps you missed the above posts. They appear to have gone back to the original premise and the show is great again. You might want to give it a try before bailing. The premiere episode this season was as funny as any I've ever seen.