Sign in to follow this  
dsbs

Messing With Our Heads

Has anyone read the Nemesis edition of the Star Trek Mag? Brent is messing with our heads! At the beginning of the interview, he says "who says Data's dead?" and at the end, he says "oh no, Data's dead"!!

Ummm? a little help here?

Has anyone read the Nemesis edition of the Star Trek Mag? Brent is messing with our heads! At the beginning of the interview, he says "who says Data's dead?" and at the end, he says "oh no, Data's dead"!!

Ummm? a little help here?

ARGHH! That is the one that truly bugs me, but everything I have read seems to point out that Brent is known for pulling people's legs!!

I wish to believe the FIRST thing he said, I hate the idea of our beloved Data being forever lost!

Luckily, as long as there are Data fans we can believe whatever we want - it is trek after all; who says we're wrong? Although it would be preferable if our belief became canon.

I recall reading where he had said that Data was dead but with Star Trek you don't know if dead is really dead. He gave Spock as an example. I know he won't resurrect Data unless it can be done in a way that doesn't cheapen his death.

I know, but I am SURE there is a way and that our wishful thinking could become reality. Brent has a point, Trek is a fount of unlimited possibilities (Not his words, but hey it does work)

Hey, congrats Soong_girl, you're a commander.

And good. We don't want to cheapen his death (although sometimess I think almost anything would preferable to the current situation)

Hey, congrats Soong_girl, you're a commander.

And good. We don't want to cheapen his death (although sometimess I think almost anything would preferable to the current situation)

Right, this whole life without Data really stinks!!

Now you're a commander too! Congrats!

Well, they resurrected Kirk in books, there's no reason why they shouldn't Data.

Now you're a commander too! Congrats!

Well, they resurrected Kirk in books, there's no reason why they shouldn't Data.

That's true, they did bring Kirk back in novels, so if they do so with Data. . . .I am going to buy every one of those novels that CENTER around HIM! :unsure:

I'm surprised there weren't more - he was the most interesting character (IMHO) and even if the authors didn't necassarily think so, there was still a lot they could have done with his story (ie Immortal Coil!)

Metamorphosis was very good for a Data novel.

I read an interview where Brent stated that there were rumors before EVERY movie that he was not going to be in it.

Oh he does like to mess with us, but as i have said before...TNG IS not TNG without Data. and B-4 is not Data.

Welcome back, Lessa - haven't seen you in a while.

I've been looking for Metamorphasis, but I haven't found it. I'll probably have to order it off the internet. Oh well. I'll get it eventually.

Metamorphosis was very good for a Data novel.

I read an interview where Brent stated that there were rumors before EVERY movie that he was not going to be in it.

Oh he does like to mess with us, but as i have said before...TNG IS not TNG without Data. and B-4 is not Data.

Hey Lessa, as I said in the PM, good to see you back!!!

I second that TNG is not TNG without Data!

And of course B4 isn't Data, he is B4. And right now B4 is a 2 year old, in a look-alike body.

Let me just say that I third it, and believe that Brent enjoys driving us all ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!

And I mean that in both ways...

Edited by dsbs

Let me just say that I third it, and believe that Brent enjoys driving us all ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!

And I mean that in both ways...

I was gonna say, dsbs.

One way, is slightly annoying(he's dead, he's alive, I am not in the movie, I am co-writing it)

The other..... :lol: he can't help that he's so cute!

Yes, definately FIND that BOOK, dsbs!! It is really good! Yes he does have sex in it, but you don't get to read anything that happens behind closed bedroom doors! Kinda like The Naked Now, scene in a way.

And I'll NEVER STOP BEING TOTALLY CRAZY over him!!!!!! 16 years and counting!!!!!