Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

One Small Step

Space had the episode "One Small Step" on today. This is one of my favourite Voyager episodes. For those who don't remember titles, it is the episode where Voyager comes across a graviton ellipse where they discover the Ares IV, a ship from a Mars mission in 2032, inside the ellipse. Seven beams over to the Ares when the Delta Flyer is stranded inside the ellipse and while retrieving a part, the final log entries of Lt. John Kelly are playing. Seven returns to the Flyer with a needed part, Lt. Kelly's body and Lt. Kelly's database downloaded in her tricorder. When back on Voyager they have a funeral service for Lt. Kelly. I always end up with tears in my eyes when Seven whispers "Yankees, 6 games" at the funeral to answer Lt. Kelly's only regret of not knowing how the World Series had ended. This was a really good growth episode for Seven. She learned a lot from John Kelly and why history is so important.

Phil Morris was great in the episode as Lt. Kelly. He certainly has a long association with Star Trek after appearing in the TOS episode "Miri", the DS9 episodes "Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places" and "Rocks and Shoals" and in ST III: TSFS. It's too bad that he is known much more for playing lawyer Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld.

It's too bad that he is known much more for playing lawyer Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld.

352336[/snapback]

Why? Jackie Chiles is hilarious and he's so different from the Phil Morris I've seen in interviews that he must have been a pleasure to play.

I find I must vigorously disagree with your comments. I find them to be ingrievous, preposterous, and outrageous!

Just kidding around. But I like Jackie Chiles.

"A bra's gotta fit up against a person's skin, like a glove!" :nono:

It's too bad that he is known much more for playing lawyer Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld.

352336[/snapback]

Why? Jackie Chiles is hilarious and he's so different from the Phil Morris I've seen in interviews that he must have been a pleasure to play.

I find I must vigorously disagree with your comments. I find them to be ingrievous, preposterous, and outrageous!

352712[/snapback]

I basically only remember him from the Seinfeld finale and I hated the finale. That may colour my opinion on the matter. lol

352336[/snapback]

352712[/snapback]

I basically only remember him from the Seinfeld finale and I hated the finale. That may colour my opinion on the matter. lol

352780[/snapback]

He makes several appearances over the course of the show, usually when Kramer has an unusual lawsuit. In one episode Kramer gets into a car accident when he distracted by a woman (Sue Ellen Mishki (Brenda Strong) wearing a bra as a top. Kramer had been recently enjoying golf success, mostly because of his new caddy Stan the Caddy (Armin Shimerman). Well, Mishki is the heiress to the Oh Henry Candy Bar fortune so Kramer hires Jackie Chiles to sue. They sue and are going to win until Stan suggests that they have her try on the bra. Of course it doesn't fit because it was being put on over a leotard. Which prompts Chiles to say the quote I posted above. Which is funny just because Jackie Chiles is a spoof of Johnny Cochrane and because Shimerman and Morris once fought on an episode of DS9 (Looking for par'Mach in all the wrong places).