Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

star

a few questions..

hi everyone,

im new to this site, and star trek in general, but so far im enjoying the experience!! im actually here in the name of research...im looking at star trek fans and what they get out of participating in sites like this one..

it would be great to hear from anyone

star

What I get out of it is being able to discuss your interests with people with similar interests.

Also, when you are in the chatroom, speak up star. I was just in there and all you did was lurk!

Also:........WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! :rolleyes:

Well,I know zero Trek fans where I live.Some of my friends will "humor" me and talk Trek (about which they know almost nothing).But STF is the only place where I can discuss Star Trek with actual fans,like myself.

Trek isn't really something I discuss with people off the net.

It's something I enjoy, but I'm not the kind of fan who knows every detail and nuance of the series.

I think that the experience here for me is to be able to quietly read up on Trek when I want to, and this site has alot more than just Trek to offer.

Welcome to the site.

I think the main thing I get from participating in a site such as this one is the opportunity to meet other fans of Star Trek from all over the world and hearing their views and opinions on the various episodes, series and movies.

It's obvious that we are all Star Trek fans to one extent or another so we're all here for that reason and I think everyone will get something different from their experience.

Basically web sites such as this one are like stadiums or sports bars where fans gather to watch their favorite teams play their favorite sport. As Trek fans we don't have a literal gathering place to go and discuss the show so we have discussion boards.

For me, I enjoy discussing various episodes and the details of those episodes. Many of which were likely not intended details. I also very much enjoy reading reviews from people that have never watched before.

These are some of the reasons that created this site, to provide a cool place for fans to interact with other fans and hopefully convert non-fans into raving fanatics lol.

Hi and welcome to the boards, Star!

Mainly what I get out of this board is a place to discuss Trek and other topics with a variety of people. A LARGE variety, just check out the thread that is "Which Countries Visit STF" and the member map and you can easily see... it is quite global here.

It is similar to a couple other boards I belong to, but this was actually the third board I joined... and the second I ever posted at (did not even realize there was a message board at Astronomy.com... just joined there to read a couple of the articles they had. Found out about the board nearly a year and a half later, LOL). It gave me more of a chance to discuss Trek, my family are fans of varying degrees but this was a place... relatively free of spammers, where you could discuss all series and movies.

I am new to Trek myself, although I have watched it a few times. So you're not left out. Welcome to the boards, and if you ever want to ask me anything, just PM me. :laugh: :blush 2:

*I get shy easily*

Hmmmmm... What do i get out of the boards???

Well companionship and i love meeting ppl and star trek is like my all time fav thing to chat about and i love hearing the gossip and seeing what ppl think.

Also i love expressing myself and this board is a way to do that

btw WELCOME

What I get out of STF....Well hell what do I not get out of it. I get to talk to people with simular interests, and much varying point of views, i am relearn all that I lost about Trek, and well where else could I do it at my leisure.

I actually learn more about Star Trek talking to these guys^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've been here jsut under a month. And I love it here!!!!!!