Sign in to follow this  
Pookie1977

STAR TREK XI IDEA

I was watching a program called Inside 9/11. As I was watching the show, I got a idea for Star Trek XI. What if the film was about an event like Sept 11th but it happened in the 24th century? The Federation has always been the "superpower" of the universe. What if it was attacked in a way that it left not only Earth, but also lets say the Klingon Empire, Vulcan, and Romulus were also attacked in a fashion that left them vulnerable and crippled by a group of terrorists (or radicals). They realized that they were no more protected or less vulnerable than anyone else. Also, when they are attacked one of the captains (I am more leaning towards Picard) is killed in the attack. They join together to find out who organized and carried out these attacks. One of the key villains is perhaps one of the most beloved regular characters (and one of the most popular). They are forced to go to war to bring down these terrorists. No everyone believes that going to war against these terrorists is the best solution to the problem. There are protests and violence going on inside the Federation because the Federation Council, Klingon High Council, and the Romulan Senate have decided to wage war against these terrorists. What if maybe one of these three "superpowers" within the Federation decides not to support the other two "superpowers" because they believe that diplomacy is a better solution than waging war against these terrorists? What do you think?

Things will never be the same for the Federation or their allies ever again after realizing how vulnerable they truly are to the rest of the universe.

How about Q as the villian. The superpowers of the alpha quadrant would definately be brought to their knees! Then again, Q isn't that nasty enough.

that basic storyline has already been done in Season 3 of Enterprise, which was inspired by 9/11. Earth was minding it's own business when the Xindi (terrorist symoblism) attacked Earth killing seven million people, including family members of those aboard ENT. In season 3, some members are grieved and have nightmares about their relatives dying in the terrorist attack (reference to trade towers). And they go to war with the Xindi to stop it from happening again

I know that Pat once said that he wouldn't mind it if Picard died in one of the movies, so, yeah, they had discussed the idea of killing off Picard in Nemesis, but in the end they decided that Data's death would be the 'better' solution. ( B) )