• Jupiter
    • Saturn
    • Uranus
    • Neptune
    • Pluto (well that?s kind of debatable)

I picked Mars.....don't know why :rolleyes:

If Pluto is debatable, then so is Quaoar

(Just a note)

Quaoar has not even gotten the title of “planet” (Everyone probably knows this, but I’m posting this just to make sure everyone is aware of this fact)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I picked Mars.....don't know why :rolleyes:

(Just a note)

Quaoar has not even gotten the title of “planet” (Everyone probably knows this, but I’m posting this just to make sure everyone is aware of this fact)

Master Q

No i think you and me are the only ones, thank god i'm not alone!

I think Quaoar has as much right to be a planet, as Pluto.

I disagree, ARMS. I don’t think Quaoar has as much right to be a planet as Pluto does. I myself have issues with Pluto being classified Pluto by it self, let alone Quaoar. (However, I can appreciate and understand why Pluto is still officialy considered a planet.)

If you say Quaoar should be considered a planet, then I in the future it is very possible that we can find hundreds of Quaoar-like planets. (And of course this would imply, from the fact of Quaoar as a planet, that those hundreds to be, also considered planets.)

Quaoar is part of the Kuiper Belt and the Kuiper Belt has thousands of chunks of planets. This makes it very conceivable that there are dozens of Quaoars out there. By saying that Quaoar (or even Pluto, for that matter) is a planet, then you are saying that all of those possible doezens of Quaoars or Pluto like objects are in fact “planets”. Then by your definition there would considerable amount of planets and from that it would probably range to a very high number.

By this I don’t think it is justifiable that Quaoar is a planet.

Master Q

Edited by master_q

I disagree, ARMS. I don’t think Quaoar has as much right to be a planet as Pluto does. I myself have issues with Pluto being classified Pluto by it self, let alone Quaoar. (However, I can appreciate and understand why Pluto is still official considered a planet.)

If you say Quaoar should be considered a planet, then I in the future it is very possible that we can find hundreds of Quaoar-like planets. (And of course this would imply, from the fact of Quaoar as a planet, that those hundreds to be, also considered a planet.)

Quaoar is part of the Kuiper Belt and the Kuiper Belt has thousands of chunks of planets. This makes it very conceivable that there are dozens of Quaoars out there. By saying that Quaoar (or even Pluto, for that matter) is a planet, then you are saying that all of those possible doezens of Quaoars or Pluto like objects are in fact “planets”. Then by your definition there would considerable amount of planets and from that it would probably range to a very high number.

By this I don’t think it is justifiable that Quaoar is a planet.

Master Q

I respect your opinion, but i believe that any large spherical body over a few thousand km, which orbits a star is considered a planet in my opinion.

I believe we should agree to disagree on this one :rolleyes:

I picked Mars... I guess I am not too original in the life on Mars theory, plus ...ummmm Mars bars, yummy. Plus Planet Claire wasn't a choice..lol :rolleyes:

I picked Mars... I guess I am not too original in the life on Mars theory, plus ...ummmm Mars bars, yummy. Plus Planet Claire wasn't a choice..lol :blink:

lol! That's a great song!

I picked Mars.....don't know why :blink:

(Just a note)

Master Q

That is precisely why I posted that article here on Quaohar...it is the fact that it is being debated upon for planetship....not that it is a planet..

Earth is the jewel of the solar system only as long as we don't mess it up.

But I voted for Jupiter mainly because it's Earths life saviour. :)

But I voted for Jupiter mainly because it's Earths life saver.  :)

I understand what you mean by that; Jupiter sweeps the Solar System clean of potentially dangerous Comets and Asteroids. I hope it never fails in that mission.

But I voted for Jupiter mainly because it's Earths life saver.  :)

I understand what you mean by that; Jupiter sweeps the Solar System clean of potentially dangerous Comets and Asteroids. I hope it never fails in that mission.

And if it aculmulates about 75 Earths equivalent of mass from the debree, it will become a second star in our system :)

Stardate:213436.9

I would have to say mars because of the possibility that it once supported life.Also because it is the only planet that possibly in my lifetime that man will actually visit.