Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Revenge of the Sith To Be Released On DVD Only

From Videobusiness.com:

20th Century Fox and LucasFilm will release Star Wars: Episode III—Revenge of the Sith, expected to be one of the season’s top sellers, on DVD only. Star Wars will be the first major new release to skip VHS, some say a move that is unsurprising because of its heavy DVD audience.

Distribution sources said recent Star Wars releases have seen heavy VHS returns from retailers unable to sell off the tapes. LucasFilm and Fox declined to comment other than to confirm that there would be no VHS version.

and to see news about Clone Wars Volume 2 DVD, go here

Star Wars Clone Wars Volume 2

Think i am gonna wait till he brings out the 6 film box set

Followed by the 6 film box set with EXTRA SCENES..............followed by the 6 film box set RESHOT IN SMELLAVISION.............followed by the 6 film box set with ENHANCED SPECIAL EFFECTS.......followed by......etc.....etc....

Think i am gonna wait till he brings out the 6 film box set

Followed by the 6 film box set with EXTRA SCENES..............followed by the 6 film box set RESHOT IN SMELLAVISION.............followed by the 6 film box set with ENHANCED SPECIAL EFFECTS.......followed by......etc.....etc....

350850[/snapback]

:blush: LMAO yeah the special edition of the special editions :frusty: ..still half of us will have the old jedi mind trick done to us and like weak minded fools buy them :lol:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That makes me so mad. I have the originals on vhs and then i wanted to finish the set in vhs so i have 1 &2 on it too. Then I got the original DVDs and I was waiting for them to release these in a box set trilogy thing too.

Meh, i don't mind, i have a dvd player/PS2, so its no biggy to me, and i dont even own a VCR any more... But, i feel sorry for all those who can't afford a DVD player, even though its only like 50$ for a basic one now... and for those who don't like "These new fangled machineS"

News Flash VHS is dead

Darn!..........and I just bought a brand new 8-Track player to go with my VCR too! :lol:

Hey I have no Friends another news flash, That Mature person knows what I am talking about

I went to Suncoast at the mall today no VHs, so I'm guessing thats a big reason just a DVD release, I would like to see it on PSP

News Flash VHS is dead

350888[/snapback]

Not yet. Alot of customers at my store only get VHS. It's still alive, just not as much as before.

I still buy VHS on occasion, especially blank tapes to record Trek on

Pretty soon you won't have to do that as the price of dvd recordable machines goes down.

I wonder how much the DVD makers are paying him to do this? :lol:

I never buy VHS anymore but imo it's too soon to pull the rug out from under those who havent yet taken the plunge and switched.

Switch onto DVD or switch off of Star Wars? :lol:

351049[/snapback]

Switch onto DVD is what I meant but I guess the other could apply as well. :frusty:

VHSers will eventually be able to record it off a pay channel but that's probably a small consolation.

I was a Slapnut who bought a laserdisc!

351064[/snapback]

Oh....YOU were the guy who bought the laserdisc?!!!!