Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

More Trek XI Rumors For You

If David Boreanaz is on the next movie, would that hurt the film?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. If David Boreanaz is on the next movie, would that hurt the film?

• yes
    • no
    • don't know
    • other

These are from two different websites

David Boreanaz - New "Star Trek" Movie - More informations !

From Whedon.info - By Trevor - 2005-09-1

Had a chance to see "Serenity" last week, so been doing the rounds of these sites - looking for others opinions and so on. Seems like you all liked it.

Anyway, I think I might have something that may interest some of you. A good friend of mine - I’m a screenwriter, doing some stuff for "Prison Break" - worked on the first season of TV’s "Enterprise". He rallyed to get the gig for "Star Trek 11" - but was pipped by Erik Jendresen. Anyway - long story, short. They’re looking for a troupe of twenty-thirty something’s for the film - which won’t be cast until mid next year at the earliest - and one of the names doing the rounds is "Angel" star David Boreanaz. He apparently tested for something else at Paramount earlier on - and he’s being "kept on the books" for this Trek film. I imagine, as some kind of Starfleet Officer Good-Guy. Could come off, might not - but thought Whedon-fans would be interested to know.

and here's another artcile

For all of you Trekkies out there, you could possibly have some great news heading your way. Though I cannot claim to be a Star Trek nut myself, I have dreamed of becoming a Jedi though, the latest scoops sent in have been enough to gain my full attention.

Star Trek: The Beginning or Star Trek: Academy

My two favorite Star Trek films were Wrath of Khan and The Voyage Home. Khan had the awesome music, which was later used again in Aliens, and Voyage Home featured some of the best Trekky humor [spock was hilarious!]. Since I spend very little time in front of a television set unless for Halo 2, LOST or American Idol, I cannot say too much about the multiple Star Trek television series out there. However, I cannot help to feel at least a little gitty when I received a scoop that claimed that Paramount was moving forward with another Star Trek movie.

While checking through the emails about a week ago I had received this latest report from 'The Manageress', claiming that Paramount was working to create Star Trek: Academy.

Paramount are in the early stages of development of another "Star Trek" movie. This one will be set at the Starfleet Academy, and, in some ways, will be a prequel to "Enterprise" ( the character of T'Pol (Jolene Blalock) is the only one from that series that supposed to be in it).

One person they're considering for Star Trek : Academy is David Boreanaz, of Angel, fame. I don't know the connection between the creative team and Boreanaz, but he's a name that we keep hearing (and I'm positive this is a feature film - not a TV series). When/if such an opportunity arises, I would be happy to let you know what the latest is. I believe it's a long ways off still.

To further add to this scoop sent in on Star Trek: Academy, the good people over at MovieHole have also posted another scoop on an upcoming Star Trek sequel/prequel titled Star Trek: The Beginning. Are we talking about the same film here? If so, I like the title we have better.

According to the scribe, "Star Trek : The Beginning" (please dude, for the sake of Exorcist prequel loathers everywhere, change that title) will be set after the events of TV's "Enterprise" but before Captain Kirk ever boarded the creamy space-ship.

"We're looking at a very small group of men and women, particularly focusing on one character," Jendresen says. "There are a couple of ships, including a principal ship, but this is not a traditional captain and crew of a starship story in the least."

Beam Me Up T'Pol.

From the sounds of the report, it does seem that we are discussing the very same movie; and I still do like the title Star Trek: Academy better. No matter what the title, it looks for certain that the next Star Trek film will in fact be centered on the character of T'Pol.

Arm torpedoes and set phasers to stun, we just may have an epic Star Trek film coming our way!

Update: I have been alerted that the working title, Star Trek: Academy has been rumored previously and will not be the title if another Star Trek film were to come our way. It has also been stated that the script for the film has not been given the greenlight yet...

Stay tuned for updates.

Boreanz wouldn't discourage me from seeing the movie but he wouldn't overcome any objections I had based on plot etc either.

I really have no interest in a Starfleet academy movie with its 20 somethings - an obvious move to shake off the older fan and appeal to the younger crowd.

Then add the fact that Blalock is going to be in it - and they'd have to come up with some really terrific actor to get me to watch it. Neal McDonough has already been in a trek film so I guess he's out. I would go see it with Ben Browder

More news, coming from the imdb so don't count this is 100% true.

Russell Mulcahy is listed as the director and the title is Star Trek: The Beginning.

Link

I'm not real excited about something called Star Trek: The Beginning.. I'm still waiting for some official word about future Trek projects..

I'd have to agree, the title doesn't exactly excite me either. Also David Boreanaz in a Star Trek movie, not so sure I'm too happy about that either, he's to weel known for being Angel. I prefer new names/unknowns for the Star Trek movies but there are some actors I'd be very happy with - Anthony La Paglia, Bill Pullman, Charlie Sheen might do a good job too.