Sign in to follow this  
MANVERU

Tasha's Daughter

Was it a stupid idea to have her back as Tasha's daughter?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a stupid idea to have her back as Tasha's daughter?

• Excellent Idea!
    • Pretty good
    • Meh, alright, but needed for the story.
    • Meh.
    • Meh, but not necesarry for the story.
    • Didnt like it
    • HATED IT WITH A VENGEANCE!!

Supposedly, Romulans are racist, elitist jerk. How come they accepted what's-her-name so easily?

It was implied that her father had some power so it may have been a situation where people had to accept his daughter or else. After that, she proved herself to be a loyal Romulan citizen. If she had been half Klingon or Cardassian, then I believe the situtation would have been different.

Spock always, apparently, had a hard time for being half human. So did Belanna Torres. And K'ller? However, Troi did not. They were all from within Federation worlds. I suppose for Troi it didn;t show as much. And it would depend if your two heritages were hostile towards each other.

Sella chose to be Romulan more than human. I would say that it was easier for her to integrate the two parts of her personality as we are very like Romulans in our deceptiveness and wish to wage war. It was harder for Spock to marriage the two, the emotionlessness of being Vulcan with the roller coatserness of Human emotion.

I would say that the fact Sella betrayed her Human mother was symbolic of how she betrayed her human half. She was no longer human in any way and instead became perhaps more anti-human than the Romulans themselves.

This is maybe where she shares something with Spock who was so concerned with eliminating traces of Humanity from himself that he ended up, not hating human - obviously, but just having, generally, a more distainful view of them, more criticism of humans than other Vulcans who neither knew them nor were bothered by them...

I would say that the fact Sella betrayed her Human mother was symbolic of how she betrayed her human half. She was no longer human in any way and instead became perhaps more anti-human than the Romulans themselves.

Ooh. I like that explanation.

Denise I-Don't-Have-a-Shred-of-Talent Crosby just wanted an excuse to get back on the show. They gave a her good out the first time and she wouldn't just stay dead. Ech, hated her with a vengeance. :laugh:

Someone else could have just as easily played Sela...and with much less complex origins.

I agree totally. When that big movie career didn't take off it must have made her a little desparate. The plot device did not annoy me but I thought we could have gone into Sela's background a little more.

A couple of cheesy horrors and that was her, wasn't it? Well that's the risk you take I suppose...