Sign in to follow this  
MANVERU

Tasha's Daughter

Was it a stupid idea to have her back as Tasha's daughter?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a stupid idea to have her back as Tasha's daughter?

• Excellent Idea!
    • Pretty good
    • Meh, alright, but needed for the story.
    • Meh.
    • Meh, but not necesarry for the story.
    • Didnt like it
    • HATED IT WITH A VENGEANCE!!

I didnt like htis idea, u know how there's something wrong with time, 2 enterpriises, tasher gets it on with a... Romulan I think.

And Ta Da!

Tasha's daughter.

Good Idea?

Bad Idea?

It certainly was an interesting premise. Character-wise, I liked Sela much better than Tasha. She was much more interesting. I also think Denise Crosby did a much better job portraying Sela than she did Tasha Yar. IMO, Denise Crosby overacted quite a bit in season 1.

It certainly was an interesting premise

The premise made no sense. In "Yesterday's Enterprise", when the Ent-C went back through the rift, the alternate reality that it caused by coming through the rift in the first place ceased to exist. The reality we were familiar with returned, therefore Tasha still died at the hands of the slime monster. She never went back in time in that reality because the reality in which she did so ceased to exist.

In every "alternate reality" episode in Trek, things always went back to normal when the true reality was restored.

Denise I-Don't-Have-a-Shred-of-Talent Crosby just wanted an excuse to get back on the show. They gave a her good out the first time and she wouldn't just stay dead. Ech, hated her with a vengeance. :look:

Someone else could have just as easily played Sela...and with much less complex origins.

The Sela plot was one of the worst plots in Star Trek (only the insulting "Fury" in Star Trek Voyager's 6th season was worse).

First of all, they shouldn't have killed off Tasha Yar as they did in season 1. They should have anticipated that the actress might change her mind, things like that happen, and then they could have brought her back as Tasha.

Instead they came up with a decent flashback in "Yesterday's Enterprise". That one was OK. But the Sela story was only weird.

They could have had Sela as villain but no connection to Tasha. Or they could have had Crosby back as a sister to Tasha or whatever. But the story with "the daughter of an alternative Tasha" was only weird.

This episode is definitely not a favorite.

I may be in the minority here, but I thought the idea of Sela was a fresh take on throwing yet another curve ball at captain picard. I for one, liked the character.

I think Sela--just the character--would've been fine. But like everyone is saying, she didn't have to be connected to Tasha. And I wish she'd been played by someone other than Denise Crosby.

I may be in the minority here, but I thought the idea of Sela was a fresh take on throwing yet another curve ball at captain picard. I for one, liked the character.

I think Sela--just the character--would've been fine. But like everyone is saying, she didn't have to be connected to Tasha. And I wish she'd been played by someone other than Denise Crosby.

I agree. Trek has always taken great pains to try and make everything seem scientifically plausable. Everyone knows that once you fix a screwed up reality back to the way its supposed to be, characters from the screwed up reality cease to exist. It ALWAYS works that way.

From my perspective, it would have been boring and quite confusing to have a blonde-haired Romulan that resembled Yar, but wasn't related to Yar. Imo, it was quite a fresh,innovative idea to have a legacy of sorts from the ep "Yesterdays Enterprise" and in a way make Yar's "death" a little more meaningful this time around. Sela in many ways, picked up wher Yar left off. For example, Yar often mentined her tumultous childhood, yet turned out good. On the other hand, Sela mentioned how at times she was like a prisoner in her own home and yet she gave into her anger and hatred- effectively becoming the Yar we always knew existed beneath the surface,yet never was fully realized due to a sudden and worthless demise in the 1st season ep "Skin of Evil". The connection between the two was necessary for two reasons imo. 1) to add some real intrigue to TNG and 2) to give Yar fans a little closure while also treating them to appearances by the actress that portrayed her. :yahoo:

From my perspective, it would have been boring and quite confusing to have a blonde-haired Romulan that resembled Yar, but wasn't related to Yar. Imo, it was quite a fresh,innovative idea to have a legacy of sorts from the ep "Yesterdays Enterprise" and in a way make Yar's "death" a little more meaningful this time around.

:yahoo: Oh...no you didn't...LMAO...

But, I hear you. Still, I don't think that Yar needed to die meaningfully. I think she just needed to die.

And Sela didn't have to be blonde.

I think that the daughter of Tasha was simply a monster, and it was a shame for the Paramount to change so radically the image of this girl...

I gave it a "pretty good".

Denise Crosby needs to work too.

Denise finds plenty of work taking off her clothes in straight to DVD movies........ <_<

Denise finds plenty of work taking off her clothes in straight to DVD movies........ :nono:

Not anymore. Now she plays the mother of those who take their clothes off in straight to DVD movies. <_< Seriously though, most of the work she gets now does seem to be playing the mother of a 20-30 year old.

Denise finds plenty of work taking off her clothes in straight to DVD movies........ <_<

Not anymore. Now she plays the mother of those who take their clothes off in straight to DVD movies. :nono: Seriously though, most of the work she gets now does seem to be playing the mother of a 20-30 year old.

A fitting end!!! B) This is hilarious! Bet she's still kickin' herself for leaving the show before the first damn season had ended!

Don't mind the idea her beeing Tasha's daughter, even if it doesn't make sense from a temporal point of view.

Found her character to be a little too generic romulan. Her only really interesting feature was being Tashas daughter. Or Denise Crosby as it happens to be.

Redemption was a decent two parter, but I was less impressed with Unification. If there was any potential in the character it was written around.