Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Frame of Mind

I guess i will throw in that i too liked this episode. On a lighter note, i loved the part were Data and Worf come to get Riker back and Data is dressed all in black. Hubba Hubba, imagined part or not, the boy looks GOOD! :lol:

Oh, I hope so....OK, so maybe I don't. Well, I am sure there is someone THEY are all really into and talk about! And we AREN'T off topic, sooooooo....

Soong Sisters, If you think you might be getting off topic of the thread, please do not wait to be asked to move it. Thank you. Keep on Trekking!

Don't worry Alterego, we have our own thread in Ten-Forward now. We got the OK from VaBeachGuy, to start our thread so we could more easily stay on topic elsewhere on the boards. . . . So, we will be putting conversations like above in the Soong Family Thread from now on, at least I hope we do. Unless it IS a TNG thread that discusses Data and his family, such as the Data, Lore & Crystalline Entity thread, then we'll talk there.

ten.gif Thats wonderful! Let C_C know when you have copied the Data posts on this thread to your new one (if you want to move them, either way, let her know) then she can delete all of our off topic chatter from this thread. I am going to have a post ready for your new Data thread very soon, stay yellowquestion.gif tuned!

Looks like she already deleted them, at least that's what she said she'd do. But, as far as I know currently dsbs and I are the only ones of the Soong family to know that she did this, since the others aren't online right now. It all works out in the end, I guess....Now I am off to tend to the Family's thread....

I guess I'll be the odd one out here... let me start with this though, I thought this was a Really Really good episode. It's very well written and very complex. I enjoyed watching it, but for some reason I haven't had a desire to watch it again. It's not a favorite of mine, and I can't really explain why. I don't dislike it, I just haven't wanted to watch it again.

Other episodes though I can watch over and over and over again.

I think that I have watched it a total of three times after its first showing. I have to agree that it is really good, but not one I go out of my way to watch again and again (no it has nothing to do with the fact that it isn't a Data episode). I just can't quite put my finger on why I don't particularly WANT to watch it very much. . . .

Well, after we got a little off topic, I think we are finally talking about Frame of Mind again. At least, I thought that is what this thread was about. As for my post, there are so many other episodes that I would watch over and over, but Frame of Mind is one where once or twice was really enough for me. . .even if it was good.

Maybe because it is one of those type of episodes where you have to really pay attention to what's going on because of the jumping around it does. It also shows how easy it would be for any of us to be driven over the edge and that is quite scary.

Yeah This episode is REALLY jumpy.. some of the time i had no idea where he was.. but like Riker had an excellent performance something to be really proud about.. :lol:

I saw it! finally. Wow, that was confusing, and Frakes was amazing (omg, Data in black!). It's one of those things which I keep on understanding, and then forgetting again and having to figure it out all over again. It was about as confusing as this sentence. I think I'm gonna go watch it again and get it straight once and for all.

I saw it! finally. Wow, that was confusing, and Frakes was amazing (omg, Data in black!). It's one of those things which I keep on understanding, and then forgetting again and having to figure it out all over again. It was about as confusing as this sentence. I think I'm gonna go watch it again and get it straight once and for all.

I think it was by far Jonathan Frakes' best performance. He was truly amazing. :lol:

I agree. He didn't really have that many episodes "to himself", though...(I thought he was pretty good in 2nd chances, too)

I agree. He didn't really have that many episodes "to himself", though...(I thought he was pretty good in 2nd chances, too)

Agreed. It was nice that someone else got to have the funny of playing against themselves. Brent Spiner had that fun many times and Patrick Stewart had to do it in Time Squared. I can't think of any other episodes.

With all of this talk about Frame of Mind, I think I'm going to watch it tonight. (Data in black, hmmm)

Well, people playing different people has got me thinking - what about the episode Parallels (which I've never seen and really really want to - Data with blue eyes!). What did you guys think of that (without revealing the plot, prefferably :lol:)

Well, people playing different people has got me thinking - what about the episode Parallels (which I've never seen and really really want to - Data with blue eyes!). What did you guys think of that (without revealing the plot, prefferably :lol:)

I liked Parallels. It was really interesting to see so many different parallel universes and how different things were. I think the part about Data having blue eyes was actually a mistake. That particular parallel universe started on the bridge and he had gold eyes, then they were in engineering and sick bay and he had blue.

hmmm....oh well, it's all good (mybe that universe became a parallel parellel? ok, I'll just watch the ep...now to find out what season...)

hmmm....oh well, it's all good (mybe that universe became a parallel parellel? ok, I'll just watch the ep...now to find out what season...)

season 7

darn, not getting that one till I've gotten all the others. Oh well, patience is a virtue, right? (but I have no patience...must see must see)

The "mistake" about the blue eyes, that was explained somewhere. Those contact lenses are painful for Brent, and whenever he could he'd not wear them(during scenes where he was far away or had his back to the camera). but, they goofed in that instance. I saw and that was a little strange to see him with blue eyes...but I am NOT complaining either!

Parallels was pretty good, and definately is one to watch again, come to think of it Frame of Mind, is becoming an episode that I may want to see again (NOT JUST to see Data in black, but he is one of the reasons)

I watched it last night again after going through all these posts. The more I see it the more amazing I think it is. I have said before that I think it is Jonathan Frakes' best performance. It is probably the only episode where he didn't get to say "red alert". I thought the final touch of Riker tearing down the play's set was perfect.

Regarding the contacts, I had heard that too. Brent's blue eyes look even brighter when he has the Data make-up on so it REALLY stood out. :wow:

Yes the glass shattering threw me off the first couple of times I saw the episode. But, actually I think it helped a bit since you(the audience) got thrown off just as much as he did.

And the blue eyes :wow: Now I gotta go check that episode again... :wow: