What are yours?

You guys have nothing? :naughty:

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

My concerns:

My internet bill,

what to do for a job,

my computer bill,

If a girl likes me or not...

I don't care much about politics and such, for in the future, that will all be history, and as of right now it does not affect me.

My major concern is the kind of world that the children in my family are growing up in. There are so many people and things out there waiting to do them harm.

You name it:

Drunk drivers

Speeding drivers

sex offenders

peer pressure for drugs, alcohol, tobacco

anorexia from media influence

being pressured to have sex too soon

peer/media pressue to worry about sex/dating/clothes rather than their studies

hooking up with abusive partners

getting married too young

war

another terrorist attack

that America will lose more "freedoms"

there's more but that's a start

Hah! Perfect!

*Adds to her brainstorm*

Another thing, I think America has had enough *Beep* on at the moment. The Sep 11, Katrina...

Whoa boy, now you've got me started! :blush:

Making major decisions (housing, investment/saving, retirement ....)

Money (can I worry about something I don't have? :lol: j/k)

Keeping up at work

health

Driving and drivers (Drunk/drugged drivers, speeders, tailgaters, drivers with huge vehicles I can't see around! etc)

Noise (planes, cars, motorcycles, loud mouths etc)

Smoke, pollution (related to health and allergies)

Issues of rich and poor

Loss of freedoms

Government - Corrupt city/county government stop-payments-toward-my-pension-to-balance-the-budget state government national government more interested in photo ops than solving problems

Corporations/special interest groups exercising more influence in government than regular people

Sad state of Education in America

Lack of unbiased news

Bigotry, hate and bias

I'll stop for now, but there's more. :frusty:

Yea, the government gets up my butt too...rule everything, but don't give a u-no-wot about it.

I have a low tolerance for drug addicts and alcoholics.

Being a Christian,maybe I should be more tolerant....but having never developed tastes for either smoking or drinking,I just can't understand why anyone would subject themselves to those addictions.

Seems like whenever I go to the corner market,I'm swarmed by addicts (they remind me of zombies in a Romero film) asking for money.I won't help them support their habits.The only person I ever give change to is a mentally handicapped boy I know (well,he's almost my age...if not a few years older).He's always around the store,and his only addictions are beef jerkey and Pepsi.

Noise pollution.

I have neighbors who seem to feel its acceptable to start up a party at 3 a.m. on a Wednesday night/morning with loud talking and laughing,and window-paine shaking hip hop music.The local constabulary is far too busy to be bothered with noise complaints,so I usually don't even bother calling them.

People who don't keep an eye on their children.

A particular little girl on the block lets herself into my yard (it's fenced) to play with my cats. I probably wouldn't mind,but I have a big dog,which I normally allow the run of the yard (front and back).And I'm worried he's going to get that little girl up one of these days.I have signs.I lock the gate.I have talked to the kid and her older brother (can't ever find her mom or dad).She still sneaks into the yard at least once a week.

Public Displays of affection.

I don't mind couples hugging or exchanging a little smootch in public.I have a problem with couples (straight or gay) when they are practically making out in public.I don't want to see that.Take it home.

I have a billion more,but I'll end here.

It is amazing how you can feel good one moment and be depressed the next.

350913[/snapback]

Who, me?

Whoa boy, now you've got me started!  :(

Making major decisions (housing, investment/saving, retirement ....)

Money (can I worry about something I don't have?  :(  j/k)

Keeping up at work

health

Driving and drivers (Drunk/drugged drivers, speeders, tailgaters, drivers with huge vehicles I can't see around! etc)

Noise (planes, cars, motorcycles, loud mouths etc)

Smoke, pollution (related to health and allergies)

Issues of rich and poor

Loss of freedoms

Government - Corrupt city/county government                                              stop-payments-toward-my-pension-to-balance-the-budget state government national government more interested in photo ops than solving problems

Corporations/special interest groups exercising more influence in government than regular people

Sad state of Education in America

Lack of unbiased news

Bigotry, hate and bias

I'll stop for now, but there's more.  :(

350755[/snapback]

You're from Chi-town, so you know all about corrupt city governments...

The lack of a good education system does concern me, and I think part of it is teachers. Do you really want to be in school if all of your teachers just sit there and spew facts? Our students need more interactive education. I'm here to provide that.

Sex Offenders do bother me grately. I checked the Sex Offender registry, and there is something like 85 in my town...which is a town of about 22,000 people. Sure, it's not a HUGE number, but it's big enough to worry a concerned father.

The things that worry Validus the most:

1. Finishing my novel.

2. Finding a girlfriend who isn't insane.

3. Getting my Brown Belt in Aikido before December.

4. Keeping all the bills fed.

5. Wondering if Katrina and our Iraqi war will trigger another Great Depression.

6. Adam Sandler making more films.

7. Everything Fox News says being believed by anyone.

8. Alterego always editing my posts.

9. Big buisness screwing us worse then they already are now.

Huh? :(

Anyhow, some of the major issues that plague me are:

The state of my countires government. (Yuk!)

Actually finding someone to sit next to at College - 'Tis trickier then it looks! :(

My general lack of unfitness, I really need to get in better shape.

General dread about the future.

The erosion of the few civil liberties I have left, even MI5 is getting in on it! :)

Getting people to understand me for a change. (Having a speech impediment and Dyslexia I'm screwed either way :()

My novel-in-waiting, which stubbornly refuses to write itself.

Wondering why no one in th' government seems to share any of my ideas, which would (of course) make this foggy island a much better place to live.

Last but not least... Politicians in general.

Animal cruelty is an interesting topic; will this documentary be about animal cruelty in general or just select areas? (Such as people's reaction to it) Will it have a neutral tone, or try to promote one particular view? If you don't mind the questions... :hug:

(Bah, I should read more carefully. It looks like you already answered both questions in the linked thread :()

Edited by NordicBearskin

Huh? :(

351529[/snapback]

Long story short NBs; Val's having a hard time accepting the fact venom spewing at other members isn't allowed here even in Kronos.

His visit here yesterday resulted in NO post editing, (he is talking about his visit earlier this week) so he is getting better. :(

roof over head and condition of home

health

health and condition of everybody I care about

Long story short NBs; Val's having a hard time accepting the fact venom spewing at other members isn't allowed here even in Kronos.

His visit here yesterday resulted in NO post editing, (he is talking about his visit earlier this week) so he is getting better.  :(

Ahhh, thank you. It just seemed a bit random. :(

I worry that I've sent my son to school before he was really ready socially to go.

I worry that my husband has accepted a promotion and a big raise, but has traded in a job he liked for one he hates.