Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

What movies SHOULD be remade

Some time ago, TUH made a thread about what movies shouldn't be remade. Well, I want to know what movies you people think SHOULD be remade.

I for one would like to see a remake of the 1927 silent classic Metropolis.

The Wiz.

I like this version better than The Wizard of Oz,actually.

This time they need a MUCH younger Dorothy,than Diana Ross was (back in '78).

Also,a different scarecrow.I don't know if Michael Jackson can draw in as big a crowd anymore.

I'd love to have Nipsy Russell as Tin man again,but he's gotten kind of old.

They'd need to replace Richard Pryor as the Wizard,too....that'd be hard.

:tribble:

X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes, I suppose.

Personally, I'd like to see a new silent film..

Some time ago, TUH made a thread about what movies shouldn't be remade. Well, I want to know what movies you people think SHOULD be remade.

I for one would like to see a remake of the 1927 silent classic Metropolis.

349319[/snapback]

They pretty much already have, twice:

Blade Runner (1982) Dir. by Ridley Scott.

Equalibrium (2002) starring Christian Bale.

Both have themes and a visual sense that owes much to Metropolis and could almost be seen as remakes.

One movie that I'd like to see re-made is "To Hell and Back" but I wouldn't want it to be done in a way that is just a tribute to special effects or foul language. I'd want it to be made in the mold of "Saving Private Ryan". I think it's a story (a true story) that needs to be re-told to today's generation.

I think VBG raises a good point; I have found many modern movies rely on special effects and foul language as a substitute for plot and character development. So there's a lot of movies I wouldn't want to see remade for that reason.

I think The Caine Mutiny had a very interesting plot and could very easily be remade with a modern setting but I don't think a modern version would have the depth given the way they make movies now.

But as for one I'd really like to see remade - I think Destry Rides Again should be updated - brains over guns - that's not a bad theme.

TRON

349723[/snapback]

Hey!I forgot about Tron.....

A Tron remake would be sweet.

How about "The Black Hole". I saw that when I was about 8 or 9-years old (I think).I loved that film.The big red robot was scary.I had nightmares about it for weeks.The little droid,Vincent was as cool as R2D2 (to me,anyway).

They're already remaking Tron.

This one would have more emphasis on the Internet.

349738[/snapback]

WOW!

I hope it stays true to the original and doesn't go all XTREME TO THE MAX like so many crappy movies these days.

Films that I know are either remakes or adaptations of famous literature and suchlike are: Revenge of the Nerds, Call of Cthulhu, Buck Rogers (possibly; Walt Disney bought the rights thereof in 1997), Flash Gordon (Steven Sommers, director of Van Helsing and The Mummy, has the rights since 2004), The Fog, The Princess of Mars (directed by Kerry Conran, the same man who created Sky Captain) and a few others I suppose...

There was plans for a SpaceBalls II, but it seems a bit behind schedule given that it was originally planned to premiere with Star Wars Episode III..

But Brooks is also going to be in the SpaceBalls animated series, so that's something to look forward to.

LOGAN'S RUN.

CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON.

LASERBLAST.

MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH.

THE LAST STARFIGHTER.

To be honest I'd rather not see any remakes. Films are best left alone with the originals.

LOGAN'S RUN.

350272[/snapback]

Good movie, I wqas always thrilled when they played this movie when I was growing up. The series wasn't all that great but the movie was... for the time anyway.

Soylent Green. That was probably the most pointless movie I'd ever seen. It needs to be completely rewritten to the last word.

Except, of course: IT'S PEOPLE! SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!

Edited by sea trooper

I hate that they're making The Incredible Shrinking Man into an Eddie Murphy comedy. :(

Tim Burton's remaking Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and some other film about Robert Ripley's expeditions..

It would be interesting to see them remake some of the old musicals from the 50's. Or maybe a new version of West Side Story, but modernized. They've probably already made it, but I don't know about it :(