Sign in to follow this  
jdigs

What would you change..

Oh Lordy, I'd mess up time as we know it for sure! I'd warn Lincoln/Kennedy about their impending assinations..Then I'd pretty much follow myself around and stop all those horrible things I wen thru

;)

Ahem...You?

If you warned Lincoln about the assasination, you and Kennedy would never exist as the timeline would take a dramatically different coarse. ;) Then you'd be this "Jdigs" from a future that no longer matches what you know and you'd have no where to go. Eh, don't wess with time, it bites back! ;)

Stardate:213501.9

Well I would change some things that Ive done and some things that have happened in my life.

If you warned Lincoln about the assasination, you and Kennedy would never exist as the timeline would take a dramatically different coarse.

........no techo babble..If you could change something what would you do? simple question.

I'm a bit young to want to go back and change things. But I think it'd be fun to kind of 'observe' life thousands of years ago, and before humans were around.

All from a very safe distance of course ;)

Usually I would say that I would never change a thing in my life because what has happened has shaped who I am....but.. in the light of my recent problems. I would have told my student that we were not going to be doing any more backhandsprings that night 1 month ago(as of yesterday). then my arm wouldn't have been messed up, I would not be out of work, and going through a living hell(spasms in my entire lower arm, no real range of movement, numbnes in my fingers, severe pain, medication that causes migraine like headaches & raises my blood pressure)...yeah, I would go back and change the events of July 2, 2003 at 5:15pm EDT. Which forced my retirement from the sport of gymnastics (my career spanned a little over 20 years)

That's really sad Yillara, I'm sorry to hear the accident has ended you're dream.

I agree with you about what you would do with your opportunity to TT and I would do the same, as a kid I liked to play stuntman and did some pretty harsh things to my body that at the time did not seem to so bad but I am now beginning to feel the effects of. I would go tell myself how much jumping off of that roof is gonna hurt my hip in 30 years. I wonder if I would listen to me, probably not ;)

That's really sad Yillara, I'm sorry to hear the accident has ended you're dream.

I agree with you about what you would do with your opportunity to TT and I would do the same, as a kid I liked to play stuntman and did some pretty harsh things to my body that at the time did not seem to so bad but I am now beginning to feel the effects of. I would go tell myself how much jumping off of that roof is gonna hurt my hip in 30 years. I wonder if I would listen to me, probably not ;)

yeah.. I am already feeling the effects of my long list of injuries(from being an athlete and being a bit of a klutz).. ;) I was no longer competitive(retired from competitive gymnastics in 1998. AAU Age Group National Championships was my last competition), but still trained at my last level: 8. Level 10/elite is the highest-which is what you see on TV). But I had always planned to be a gymnast into my 50's at least... But, I will say that yes, I would love to change that one event...then I could continue training, and coaching.

Me, I'd invent a time machine, something portable like a vehicle, or I'd invent a 2-part time machine - a stationary time machine with a small device to "get back". Anywho, I'd invent this, then go back to when I started my research and give it to the me of then so I don't have to invent it. Then I'd go retire in a quite corner of the world while my present-self goes on a time travel journy. ;)

If you warned Lincoln about the assasination, you and Kennedy would never exist as the timeline would take a dramatically different coarse. ;) Then you'd be this "Jdigs" from a future that no longer matches what you know and you'd have no where to go.  Eh, don't wess with time, it bites back! ;)

Oh Jean-Luc lighten up :) We are only speaking hypotetically.......historically i would stop Adolf Hitler getting into power ( if i could).

On a more personal level, i would stop my Dad from dying.

Usually I would say that I would never change a thing in my life because what has happened has shaped who I am....but.. in the light of my recent problems. I would have told my student that we were not going to be doing any more backhandsprings that night 1 month ago(as of yesterday). then my arm wouldn't have been messed up, I would not be out of work, and going through a living hell(spasms in my entire lower arm, no real range of movement, numbnes in my fingers, severe pain, medication that causes migraine like headaches & raises my blood pressure)...yeah, I would go back and change the events of July 2, 2003 at 5:15pm EDT. Which forced my retirement from the sport of gymnastics (my career spanned a little over 20 years)

;) YILLARA: LOOK FOR A BOOK CALLED: "BODY REFLEXOLOGY".....BY: MILDRED CARTER & TAMMY WEBER...........THEY HAVE TWO OTHER BOOOKS OUT CALLED "HELPING YOURSELF WITH FOOT REFLEXOLOGY" & "HAND REFLEXOLOGY: KEY TO PERFECT HEALTH:........THESE BOOKS MIGHT HELP WITH YOUR ARM/WRIST PROBLEM.

;)IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME I WOULD GO TO 1983 AND A PLANE RIDE FROM FLA/GA TO PHILA. WHEN I MET A YOUNG MAN WHO WAS GOING TO NY TO GET ON THE SOAPS AND BECOME FAMOUS. DON'T REMEMBER HIS NAME OR HIS FACE, BUT DO REMEMBER A GREAT SMILE. I WOULD HAVE EXCHANGED PHONE NUMBERS WITH HIM AT LEAST THIS WAY I COULD HAVE KEPT UP WITH HIM. :)

We are only speaking metaphorically.......historically i would stop Adolf Hitler getting into power ( if i could).

Then if you had stopped Hitler from getting into power, they wouldn't have been any war. It was only the war that forced Germany to come up with the V2 rocket. If that had been the case then we wouldn't be out in space now.

I have thought about this many times and there are so many things that I wish could be changed but I've always been scared by what the results would be. For instance, if Hitler never got into power would the person who did be worse than Hitler. It's that uncertainty that would keep me from changing the past.

Thanks for the link..Alterego, and thanks for the suggestion Chataeya. I will more than likely check that book out, as I more than likely will have to start physical therapy after this is all over.

And yes, I agree with the stock decision.. that would have been interesting. In HS economics class, we played the stock market game. Our teacher was the broker, and we were alloted 10000 "dollars", to invest in whatever stock we thought would be best. Most of us did pretty good, plus it was kind of intriguing. So, I would think about that as well...

I would go back to the time when Bill Gates was still in high school. I'm hoping I would get younger as well..anyhoo, Gates was the school geek who all the girls ignored. I would be REALLY, REALLY nice to him, agree to be his prom date, and, after graduation, when he proposed, I'd say yes. Then I'd laugh all the way to the bank while all the "cool" girls turn green with jealousy over my hot new Mercedes and my wardrobe.....

We are only speaking metaphorically.......historically i would stop Adolf Hitler getting into power ( if i could).

Then if you had stopped Hitler from getting into power, they wouldn't have been any war. It was only the war that forced Germany to come up with the V2 rocket. If that had been the case then we wouldn't be out in space now.

Maybe so, but i could have saved six million men, women and children from a painful and humiliating death.

I would'nt change anything. Humanity learns from it's mistakes. Besides, hindsight is always 20/20.

If you warned Lincoln about the assasination, you and Kennedy would never exist as the timeline would take a dramatically different coarse. :bow: Then you'd be this "Jdigs" from a future that no longer matches what you know and you'd have no where to go.  Eh, don't wess with time, it bites back! :)

Oh Jean-Luc lighten up :bow: We are only speaking hypotetically.......historically i would stop Adolf Hitler getting into power ( if i could).

Sorry, I just have a slight obsession with temporal paradoxes! :bow:

If you warned Lincoln about the assasination, you and Kennedy would never exist as the timeline would take a dramatically different coarse. B) Then you'd be this "Jdigs" from a future that no longer matches what you know and you'd have no where to go.  Eh, don't wess with time, it bites back! :blink:

Oh Jean-Luc lighten up :o We are only speaking hypotetically.......historically i would stop Adolf Hitler getting into power ( if i could).

Sorry, I just have a slight obsession with temporal paradoxes! :wacko:

I was having a little light hearted fun with you JL. Unfortunately the humour doesn't come across in the post's. Sorry, should have put a laughing smilie in there somewhere.

I'd have bought stock in WalMart. :wacko:

WalMart?! IBM, Windows, Sony...etc

Krispy Kreme Donuts!!! B)

well first off i wood change the premise for star trek V ... such a bad movie...seconly i wood try to prevent bush from getting into office (jr) and the twin towers being bombed... oh and preventing the rise of hitler and the beginning of WWII