Preordering for the Xbox 360 starts on Thursday 8/18/05 on the walmart.com website, so I'm guessing it's the same for all other sites and stores. There are two versions of the upcoming Xbox 360 machine for sale. One is a base model that just comes with the machine for sale for $299. The other is a package that comes with the machine, wireless controller, wireless headphones, and an ethernet cable for $399. Me personally, I'm saving my money for the PS3 next spring.

I'm happy with my Playstation, N64, and PC. Though I could use an X-Box...

Anyway, like I said in another thread, these new systems are overrated and unnesessary.

It looks pretty good from what i have seen of it on tv but i intend to hold out for the PS3 :D

the '360 is overrated, the $299 model has a wired controller, and no hard drive. I'm not paying 100$ for a HD and a wireless controller... Meh, i'll probably end up wanting one anyways... one thing i don't want of the next gen consoles is the revolution.... just not into the new nintendo.

The upcoming PS3 will be available in three colours, white, silver, and black. Xbox 360 only comes in white. Nintendo Revolution should come in several colours, like red, blue, black, green. I'll get a silver PS3. PSOne and PSX were white and PS2 was black, so it makes sense.

From Kotaku.com:

The Xbox 360 Experience Comes with $650 Price Tag?

READ MORE: Hardware, editorial, xbox 360

emptywall.jpg

Let me get this straight, for $300 I can get an Xbox 360, but it won’t play Xbox games, won’t be wireless and won’t come with a remote control or harddrive. Or I could spend $400 and get the things that the 360 should really ship with, but it still won’t come with a game or have the stuff I really want.

To truly have the system that Microsoft talked about when they unveiled the 360 I would have to spend closer to $650. Here’s the break-down:

Xbox 360 Standard: $399.99

Gold Xbox Live Subscription: At least $49.99 (Likely more.)

Wireless Networking Adapter: $99.99

Second Wireless Controller: $49.99

Two Play and Charge Kits: $19.99 times two.

Total: $639.94

And that’s without what will likely be a very pricey Xbox 360 game, which could push the total closer to $700…and don’t forget the HDTV.

So the question is, how much are you willing to spend for gaming? If you had $700 would you buy a loaded 360 or the couch you’ll be sitting on to play those games?

This price is going to do more to prevent Microsoft from getting a head start on Sony in the next-gen race then any Cell processor or Killzone 2 will ever do. I’m guessing Msoft will be dropping the price to something reasonable around the time the PS3 is set to hit the market. If Sony’s smart they won’t kick-off their console at a price that won’t just dent your wallet, but blow it into moneyless shreds.

From Kotaku.com:
The Xbox 360 Experience Comes with $650 Price Tag?

READ MORE: Hardware, editorial, xbox 360

emptywall.jpg

Let me get this straight, for $300 I can get an Xbox 360, but it won’t play Xbox games, won’t be wireless and won’t come with a remote control or harddrive. Or I could spend $400 and get the things that the 360 should really ship with, but it still won’t come with a game or have the stuff I really want.

To truly have the system that Microsoft talked about when they unveiled the 360 I would have to spend closer to $650. Here’s the break-down:

Xbox 360 Standard: $399.99

Gold Xbox Live Subscription: At least $49.99 (Likely more.)

Wireless Networking Adapter: $99.99

Second Wireless Controller: $49.99

Two Play and Charge Kits: $19.99 times two.

Total: $639.94

And that’s without what will likely be a very pricey Xbox 360 game, which could push the total closer to $700…and don’t forget the HDTV.

So the question is, how much are you willing to spend for gaming? If you had $700 would you buy a loaded 360 or the couch you’ll be sitting on to play those games?

This price is going to do more to prevent Microsoft from getting a head start on Sony in the next-gen race then any Cell processor or Killzone 2 will ever do. I’m guessing Msoft will be dropping the price to something reasonable around the time the PS3 is set to hit the market. If Sony’s smart they won’t kick-off their console at a price that won’t just dent your wallet, but blow it into moneyless shreds.

348140[/snapback]

Like i said before i am gonna wait for the PS3...which if sony are smart will come with everything you have to buy extra for the x-box 360...IMO bill gates has been smokeing something to think he will get far with the x-box 360 at the price he is asking :flowers::tribble:

I am too gonna get the PS3 the PS controlers IMO are the most Comfortable of all the Next Gen Systems, and PS has never let its gamers down yet, and with Gaming History when the 1st Next Gen Machine comes out, Usually it dies when the next wave comes on