Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Star Trek 25th Anniversary

nes20star20trek2025th20anniver.jpg

Here’s another game that I have just finished playing that I really recommend. It’s called “Star Trek: 25th Anniversary”. It was released on Nintendo in 1991, and I have to say that this game is really great. Here’s the story

startrek25thanniversarynesscre.jpg

On orders from Starfleet, the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise was in the

vicinity of Sigma Iotia collecting data on strange disturbances in the local gravitational and magnetic fields. The fluctuations produced a mysterious "hole" in space and, as the hole grew in size, the Enterprise was nearly drawn into its center. Miraculously, at the last moment a space distortion threw the Enterprise and her crew into the heart of uncharted space. Safe from harm for the time being, it is up to the Enterprise to return to the Iotian system and find a way to reverse this rip in space before it grows too large and the galaxy is annihilated!

It’s a lot of fun, you beam to planets and talk to the natives and try to find a way to get back home, this mean you will have to travel through Romulan Space to get home, and it also require a trip through time itself. You play as Kirk, but you two team members that join you. The team members can be chosen before you beam to the planet, different people do different things.

startrek25thanniversarynesscre1.jpg

This game also has a very compelling story for a NES game; it will have you sucked in and feel like you are playing in a real TOS episode. I highly recommend getting this game, I beat it this morning, it only takes a few hours to beat, but man is it fun. If you don’t have NES, you can always try looking for a ROM to download the game.

I had that game on my computer when it first came out way back when. It was a lot of fun.