Sign in to follow this  
Dark Reality

Gonna start watching DS9 all the way through

"The Assignment" is one of the episodes that I usually skip, it's not a favorite of mine.

"The Trouble with Tribbles" was always a TOS favorite of mine so "Trials and Tribble-ations" is always great fun to watch.

We do see Risa in a few episodes, the first time we see it is in the TNG episode "Captains Holiday" which is where Picard meets Vash. An interesting side note to that episode, the actor that played the Ferengi Sovak is Max Grodenchik who played Rom on DS9. We also see Risa 1 more time on Enterprise in "Two Days and Two Nights".

The only time you see anything of the Borg on DS9 was in episode 1, other then that they're only on Enterprise, TNG and Voyager.

I've been watching DS9 on spiketv weekdays, cause the teachers r on strike.. it's very confusing, as i haven't seen any of the back episodes, so i don't know whats going on.. i s'pose i'll have to pay the 600 dollars and buy the DVD set from amazon.com or something.. *collects money*

Such things confuse me as: Worf and dax?? <_< when did that happen? Since when did the jem'hadar attack? Who ARE the Jem'hadar??? *cries from confusion* And i always thought that Worf was son of Mogh, not of the house of Martok... :veryangry:

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

It sounds like you're in season 6 LOTB, if you want then just PM me and tell me exactly where you are and I'll catch you up.

@LotB - Yeah, Worf+Dax started in Season 5, but it was a long time coming, since Dax is a big fan of Klingon culture, mostly because Curzon was involved with Klingons. The episode "Let He Who is Without Sin" that I just watched a day or two ago goes into their relationship... which probably started in "Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places".

I wouldn't recommend against getting the episodes on DVD if you can, but if you're pressed for funds, high speed internet and BitTorrent would actually be cheaper. You should be able to get the whole DS9 series in 2-4 months, provided you've got about 75GB free hard drive space. Even including the cost of a 300GB hard drive (I got mine on Newegg.com for about $140) it's cheaper than $600 for the whole series on DVD. Though, if you can afford it, it would be a great addition to any DVD library. B)

"Things Past" was another good what-the-hell-is-going-on episode. Sisko, Odo, Dax, and Garak transported 7-9 years in the past to the days of Tarak'nor (sp?) forced into the identities of three infamous Bajorans (we never learned who Dax was supposed to be). Confusing episode until the very end when they explain it... but still pretty good.

The next day... My goal for today is to watch "For the Uniform" (5x13) and the episodes leading up to it. Five... not so hard. And that will set me up to watch "In Purgatory's Shadow" and "By Inferno's Light" tomorrow with no challenge. OK, I watched only one ("Things Past") yesterday, but my sister in law and her boyfriend kidnapped me, fed me burritos, gave me a couple beers, and we watched The Grudge so I had an excuse. :klingon:

"The Ascent" was okay. Not as good as the first eight episodes of season five, but not bad either. Jake and Nog forced to live together, and Quark and Odo forced to brave a mountain together. We still don't know who planted the bomb on the Runabout.

When do we meet this "Section 31" organization I've heard about?

Jalepeno poppers are in the oven (don't tell Jo!) and I've got two more to go.

"Rapture" was a much better episode. If Sisko didn't fully appreciate his faith in the Bajoran prophets before (yes, I remember the episode "Accession" where Sisko handed over the Emissary post for an episode), he does now. Was Bajor right to reject Federation membership because of something the Emissary may have seen in a vision? And were Jake and Bashir right to save Sisko's life rather than allow him to complete his vision? Hard choices, but I think the characters in question made the right decision. And this is the episode where the DS9 crew start wearing the new uniforms. :klingon:

"The Darkness and the Light" was fun to watch. A serial killer/assassin killing Kira's friends in the Bajoran Resistance. Not much to say other than that I enjoyed watching it.

"The Begotten" was good as well. Odo acquires a "baby" Changeling, and tries to raise it, and the Bajoran doctor who found Odo comes aboard to help. The two reconcile their differences, Kira has the O'Brien's baby, and Odo gets his shapeshifting abilities back when the "baby" dies.

I got doing other things and didn't get to see "For the Uniform" today. I'll watch that and at least the two following it tomorrow. :klingon:

(Time reference: "Things Past" remarks two days ago, the rest yesterday. I would have posted yesterday, but I got kicked. Damn AOL Dialup.)

Curzon was the Federation Ambassador to the Klingon Empire.

They made you watch The Grudge?!?! B) I'm so sorry...

And you'll meet Section 31 in season 6. The way it's introduced is very cool.

which probably started in "Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places".

358005[/snapback]

Yes, that was the first episode where they are open about a relationship. Anything before it was just flirtation.

"Things Past" was another good what-the-hell-is-going-on episode. 

358005[/snapback]

This was a pretty cool episode, not a favorite but one I liked.

"The Ascent" was okay.  Not as good as the first eight episodes of season five, but not bad either.  Jake and Nog forced to live together, and Quark and Odo forced to brave a mountain together.  We still don't know who planted the bomb on the Runabout.

358005[/snapback]

The implication was made that it was the Orion Syndicate that planted the bomb. Have you seen "Honor Among Thieves" yet?

When do we meet this "Section 31" organization I've heard about?

358005[/snapback]

Very cool episode in season 6 called "Inquisition". You'll enjoy it!

"Rapture" was a much better episode.  If Sisko didn't fully appreciate his faith in the Bajoran prophets before (yes, I remember the episode "Accession" where Sisko handed over the Emissary post for an episode), he does now.  Was Bajor right to reject Federation membership because of something the Emissary may have seen in a vision?  And were Jake and Bashir right to save Sisko's life rather than allow him to complete his vision?  Hard choices, but I think the characters in question made the right decision.  And this is the episode where the DS9 crew start wearing the new uniforms. B)

358005[/snapback]

This has always been a favorite of mine. After you get into seasons 6 and 7 Sisko's vision that kept Bajor out of the Federation will make a lot more sense.

"The Darkness and the Light" was fun to watch.  A serial killer/assassin killing Kira's friends in the Bajoran Resistance.  Not much to say other than that I enjoyed watching it.

358005[/snapback]

One of the members here, who's name escapes me at the moment was an extra in that episode.

"The Begotten" was good as well.  Odo acquires a "baby" Changeling, and tries to raise it, and the Bajoran doctor who found Odo comes aboard to help.  The two reconcile their differences, Kira has the O'Brien's baby, and Odo gets his shapeshifting abilities back when the "baby" dies.

358005[/snapback]

I love the ending, Odo flying around.

Lord, I assume Spike is going to rerun all the eps. again once they finish this run. I've taped 'em all (I'm missing 3 eps here & there which I'll fill in on the next run) so I now have thru season 6 & am waiting for it to end the run so I'll have all 7 seasons. That way you can save time and/or money & get 'em for free (granted they won't ever be as great as DVDs) but as DS9 wasn't my favorite Trek it's good enough for me.

Curzon was the Federation Ambassador to the Klingon Empire.

They made you watch The Grudge?!?! :P I'm so sorry...

And you'll meet Section 31 in season 6. The way it's introduced is very cool.

358006[/snapback]

Ah... I didn't know that about Curzon. Maybe it's expressly stated in a later episode; if an earlier one, I missed it.

"The Grudge" wasn't bad... it was very weird, and had some good scary moments.

@VBG - I haven't seen "Honor Among Thieves" yet; I have 25 more episodes to go. I'm not moving that fast. :P

@athena - I was explaining to my brother-in-law yesterday, that's why I don't watch the episodes on TV. I was talking about DS9, and he told me an episode was on earlier (that day) but that it didn't make any sense to him. I explained that I didn't like DS9 when it was on TV either. It took me watching it from episode 1 on chronologically, on the computer, at my own pace, for me to appreciate the series. Whether you download them or buy the DVDs, that's the best way to do it. There are a lot of episodes you could skip and later episodes would not be affected, but each episode is better if you've seen all the previous ones, and in order. This isn't exactly true with TNG and Voyager. They do have some things about them which you should see them in order for, but not like DS9, which is easily the most involved and intricate [Trek] series yet.

I realize I've neglected my signature. It's now updated. Being on Dialup has limited what I do... plus on this (and every other Invision I post at) forum I've got signatures, avatars, and posted images (including emoticons) disabled. It really speeds things up, but has the side effect of not reminding me I need to update my signature.

@VBG - I haven't seen "Honor Among Thieves" yet; I have 25 more episodes to go.  I'm not moving that fast. :P

358006[/snapback]

I just checked to see how far away from "Honor Among Thieves" you are and I see it's mid way through the 6th season. In it you will learn more about the Orion Syndicate.

... but not like DS9, which is easily the most involved and intricate [Trek] series yet.

358006[/snapback]

Yes it is for sure. That's one of the things that I love about DS9, it's so involved and so deep. Things that happened 25 episodes ago are affecting things that are happening right now and things that happen right now were set in motion 3 or 4 seasons ago. To me that's one of the things that makes DS9 the best Trek series of any of them, but to others that's the reason they don't like it. I'm not sure why, maybe it's an "attention span" thing.

Ah... I didn't know that about Curzon. Maybe it's expressly stated in a later episode; if an earlier one, I missed it.

In the season 6 episode You Are Cordially Invited....

... but not like DS9, which is easily the most involved and intricate [Trek] series yet.

358006[/snapback]

{snip}To me that's one of the things that makes DS9 the best Trek series of any of them, but to others that's the reason they don't like it. I'm not sure why, maybe it's an "attention span" thing.

358373[/snapback]

I think it's more of a "not having watched it from the beginning" thing. Like I said, I thought it was confusing when it was on TV. I really felt like you had to know what came before.

With TNG, you can watch it mostly in any order. Jen (Jo) says she likes TNG so far, about 60% of the way through the first season... I just can't wait until she gets to where they were spending $1 million an episode, episodes like "The Best of Both Worlds" and "All Good Things". There were others, of course, but episodes like that made me really fall in love with Star Trek. Those, and the Holodeck episodes, and the one where Data has nightmares... lots of good stuff ahead, far ahead. Season 1 of TNG feels like an updated TOS so far.

And I know she'll be hooked with DS9. She doesn't completely understand why I was almost late picking her up from work Friday night watching the end of "By Inferno's Light". I told her a little bit about the Jem'Hadar invasion, and how cool it was seeing the JH/Starfleet/Klingon fleets standing off outside DS9, but I think you really have to have been with the series from the beginning to really feel it.

I had a weird dream about DS9... at some point the station had been destroyed, and Starfleet built this thing that looked like the medical cruiser on Star Wars: Return of the Jedi... all bulky and white and ugly... I was contemplating not watching anymore... :P

Edited by Dark Reality

I think it's more of a "not having watched it from the beginning" thing.  Like I said, I thought it was confusing when it was on TV.  I really felt like you had to know what came before.

358385[/snapback]

What I meant was for people that have watched most or all of DS9 but didn't like the "episode arc" aspect and preferred the "single story per episode then fly off to a new adventure every week" type of series. TNG was great and has a few mini arcs but overall it was off to a new adventure every week and didn't really carry much over from week to week.

With TNG, you can watch it mostly in any order. Jen (Jo) says she likes TNG so far, about 60% of the way through the first season... I just can't wait until she gets to where they were spending $1 million an episode, episodes like "The Best of Both Worlds" and "All Good Things". There were others, of course, but episodes like that made me really fall in love with Star Trek. Those, and the Holodeck episodes, and the one where Data has nightmares... lots of good stuff ahead, far ahead. Season 1 of TNG feels like an updated TOS so far.

And I know she'll be hooked with DS9.  She doesn't completely understand why I was almost late picking her up from work Friday night watching the end of "By Inferno's Light".  I told her a little bit about the Jem'Hadar invasion, and how cool it was seeing the JH/Starfleet/Klingon fleets standing off outside DS9, but I think you really have to have been with the series from the beginning to really feel it.

358385[/snapback]

If she likes season 1 of TNG then she'll love it starting with season 3 and beyond. There's a lot of season 1 (and 2) that I find almost painful to watch now that I've seen the rest of the series.

I look forward to your thoughts on "In Purgatory's Shadow" & "By Inferno's Light" those were 2 of my favorites of season 5.

You just answered the question I was asking myself: Did I post the offline blog? Apparently I haven't, because I saw those two, and they are my favorites of season 5, off the top of my head. Maybe of the series. Anyway, here it all is:

[Friday]

"For the Uniform"... wow... Frustrated in failed attempts to recapture the traitor/Maquis member Eddington, Sisko goes to some extreme measures. All I can say is, 'Picard wouldn't have done that.' Or Janeway, for that matter. I'll be surprised if Sisko doesn't catch at least an earful from Starfleet Command for what he does at the end. I can only wonder what "Blaze of Glory" adds to the story. Oh... and I liked the episode.

How wrong are the Maquis, anyway? I'm inclined to side with Eddington here. Well, he was wrong to betray the Federation, but his actions aside, considering only the part about the Federation betraying the colonists, selling them out to Cardassia(ns), who have been less than hospitable to them... I think if they didn't take up arms, they'd be little more than sheep, going where the Federation and Cardassians herded them. It's like Mel Gibson in The Patriot. He didn't want to take a side until the English came and destroyed his home, and his family, and forced him to fight... or die. Mel Gibson basically played the role of the Maquis. The only difference is, because the Federation equated to the US Government and the Cardassians equated to the English, in the case of the Revolutionary War, the US Government was fighting, rather than selling its people out in a compromise. For those who would say Gibson was right, but the Maquis were still wrong, would Gibson have been wrong if the US Government "gave" the thirteen colonies to the English, who in turn treated the people cruelly? No, I think he would have been "more" right to take up arms and defend his home.

It has begun! I believe "In Purgatory's Shadow" is the episode I've been waiting for since I learned one major plot point of DS9 was the Dominion war. Great episode all around. It's interesting to note that when the real Bashir shows up, he's wearing the old Starfleet uniform... I wonder why he doesn't ask Worf about his new uniform. Unless, before leaving for that seminar or whatever it was from which he was taken, he heard new uniforms were on the way. Odd how they change the uniforms with no reason given. Oh, I think I know why... it's because in Star Trek: First Contact, they have new uniforms, and I'm assuming Picard's Enterprise-E crew got their uniforms at the same time as Sisko's DS9 crew; maybe the first "new uniform episode" was the closest to the Stardate of First Contact, or at a point before it. Just a guess though; I'm too lazy to put in First Contact and compare Stardates (since they're such an unreliable measure anyway).

"By Inferno's Light" was a great follow-up/second part to "In Purgatory's Shadow". No new thoughts on the two-parter, but one thing that didn't sit well with me was Worf's Klingon Opera collection. Dax pulls out these five or six data rods and Worf acts like they're his only copies! My own Klingon Opera collection (read: Nightwish albums) I have on CD, and in Mp3 format on both my computer and my Mp3 player... plus I probably have the Mp3 files backed up on CD somewhere. The equivalent of the data rods is probably the original discs, but I have backups... so should they in the 24th century. Worf ought to get himself a 1GB USB keychain drive to store his Klingon Opera while he's on the Defiant, leave his precious originals in Dax's tender care. :P

Now that Cardassia is part of the Dominion, the Federation ought to supply the Maquis; even if they don't condone their methods, they can still sponsor their means, fight the war on an additional front. :P I still like the Cardassians, though I realize they haven't had much chance to come into their Dominion evil just yet. (The Bajoran sun plot was more the Founders than anything.)

[sunday... Nothing Saturday]

Wow... "Doctor Bashir, I Presume" was a heck of a treat, on a few counts. First a cameo by Voyager's Holodoc (Dr. Zimmerman and another EMH, but Robert Picardo nonetheless), second Bashir's parents (Egyptian mother, English father), and third, at the very end, a Galaxy-class ship docked on one of the upper pylons. Not to mention the bits about Bashir's "secret". This was a good episode, but not necessarily one I'd enjoy again and again.

It's a Sunday, but Jen/Jo is in our room watching Spaceballs, which I loved as a kid, but I'm good and tired of as an adult. I'm a little more than partially disappointed with the uncut DVD edition. It was a great movie on TV without the cussing... I bought it hoping to have a great movie to show our kids one day... but now I can't. The DVD ought to let you watch the cut TV version as well. One day I should record it (I'll need a TV tuner card in my PC for that) and burn it on DVD... :P Anyway, I figured Spaceballs is around 90 minutes long (typical 80s movie), so I could sneak in 2 DS9 episodes.

"A Simple Investigation" became more of a not so simple romance. I'm happy to report that Odo loses his [proverbial] cherry here; the episodes where the non-feeling characters (Data, Odo, Holodoc) get laid are always a real treat. I didn't particularly like this one, though. The mystery aspect was okay, but overall it didn't satisfy as much as others in the season.

"For the Uniform"... wow... Frustrated in failed attempts to recapture the traitor/Maquis member Eddington, Sisko goes to some extreme measures.  All I can say is, 'Picard wouldn't have done that.'  Or Janeway, for that matter.  I'll be surprised if Sisko doesn't catch at least an earful from Starfleet Command for what he does at the end.  I can only wonder what "Blaze of Glory" adds to the story.  Oh... and I liked the episode.

358418[/snapback]

You'll find that Sisko is a different kind of Captain, better in my opinion and he does things that the others may not. I think he's more "real life" in that respect.

How wrong are the Maquis, anyway?  I'm inclined to side with Eddington here.  Well, he was wrong to betray the Federation, but his actions aside, considering only the part about the Federation betraying the colonists, selling them out to Cardassia(ns), who have been less than hospitable to them... I think if they didn't take up arms, they'd be little more than sheep, going where the Federation and Cardassians herded them.  It's like Mel Gibson in The Patriot.  He didn't want to take a side until the English came and destroyed his home, and his family, and forced him to fight... or die.  Mel Gibson basically played the role of the Maquis.  The only difference is, because the Federation equated to the US Government and the Cardassians equated to the English, in the case of the Revolutionary War, the US Government was fighting, rather than selling its people out in a compromise.  For those who would say Gibson was right, but the Maquis were still wrong, would Gibson have been wrong if the US Government "gave" the thirteen colonies to the English, who in turn treated the people cruelly?  No, I think he would have been "more" right to take up arms and defend his home.

358418[/snapback]

You have to remember though that in TNG the colonies were told that they were living in Cardassian space now and that if they refused to leave they'd be left 100% unsupported and under Cardassian rule. Because of that Starfleet really had no choice but to go after them when they began their lives of crime.

I don't believe there's much more about the Maquis after the Dominion war begins. If I remember correctly from Voyager they're completely wiped out by the Dominion.

It has begun!  I believe "In Purgatory's Shadow" is the episode I've been waiting for since I learned one major plot point of DS9 was the Dominion war.  Great episode all around. 

"By Inferno's Light" was a great follow-up/second part to "In Purgatory's Shadow". 

358418[/snapback]

One major addition to the cast that was made here is Martok :P He's not a "Regular" but is in many episodes in the final 2 and a half seasons. Aside from Worf he's my favorite Klingon.

[sunday... Nothing Saturday]

Wow... "Doctor Bashir, I Presume" was a heck of a treat, on a few counts.  First a cameo by Voyager's Holodoc (Dr. Zimmerman and another EMH, but Robert Picardo nonetheless),  second Bashir's parents (Egyptian mother, English father), and third, at the very end, a Galaxy-class ship docked on one of the upper pylons.  Not to mention the bits about Bashir's "secret".  This was a good episode, but not necessarily one I'd enjoy again and again.

358418[/snapback]

I've always enjoyed this episode too, it's funny how if you look back at the previous 4 and a half seasons leading up to this episode it all fits together even though it was never planned out by the writers.

It's a Sunday, but Jen/Jo is in our room watching Spaceballs

358418[/snapback]

That came out in the summer of 1987, I had just graduated High School and was working in a movie theater. Good movie, I haven't seen it for a few years though.

"A Simple Investigation" became more of a not so simple romance.  I'm happy to report that Odo loses his [proverbial] cherry here; the episodes where the non-feeling characters (Data, Odo, Holodoc) get laid are always a real treat.  I didn't particularly like this one, though.  The mystery aspect was okay, but overall it didn't satisfy as much as others in the season.

358418[/snapback]

This was one of those episodes that adds to the building of Odo's character but other then that it's forgettable. Good episode but not one you'd "miss" if you missed it.

Believe it or not, it's just starting to get good so strap on your seatbelt face forward and keep your hands in the car at all times... you're in for quite a ride!

I am looking at the episodes for download..  Anyone have any recommendations (not emissary, already seen it)

358422[/snapback]

The only way I'd recommend that you watch them is in order. Start with Episode #2 and go from there. The first 2 or 3 seasons can be watched out of order but after that you really need to watch them in order.

This was one of those episodes that adds to the building of Odo's character but other then that it's forgettable. Good episode but not one you'd "miss" if you missed it.

I find this funny because A Simple Investigation is the only episode of Star Trek that was inadvertently left out of the main body of the latest addition of the Star Trek Encyclopedia. All the things it references are present in the main body but the actual episode entry is in the addendum.

Sigh...I wish they'd update the encyclopedia to cover the rest of DS9 and Voyager and then Enterprise and Nemesis. But that doesn't look too likely.

On topic, DS9 is now airing on Spike for me at noon and one and I've caught a few. They're into season 6 but I missed most of the war against the Dominion Arc early in the season. Man, I love Call to Arms and Sacrifice of Angels and I missed them both.

I am looking at the episodes for download..  Anyone have any recommendations (not emissary, already seen it)

358422[/snapback]

I agree with VBG, see them in order. I don't know where you're getting them from if you're getting them randomly. If you get them from BitTorrent, you'll get them by the season, nearly 10GB per season... works out to 350MB per episode (700MB for doubles) and includes a bunch of "extras". But for that deal, you'd better get a big hard drive and/or a DVD burner and a stack of DVD-Rs. Each series (TNG, Voyager, or DS9 -- ENT and TOS are smaller) will occupy a full 15 DVD-R discs if you burn them as DATA DVDs (not encoding them to be played on a set top player).

"Business as Usual" was a pretty good Ferengi episode. Shows how far Quark is -- and isn't -- willing to go to make a profit. It doesn't make him admirable, just a little less despicable. I thought he handled the end pretty well.

The topic came up much earlier in this thread about the Federation and money. In an episode a few back, one of the Starfleet crew (Worf?) "owes" Quark so many strips of Latinum, so puts a thumb-print on some kind of tricorder. I would guess that the Federation has some kind of credit system. Starfleet is modeled after the Navy, which, like the other branches of the armed forces, does pay its members. Though the economy of the 24th century is different, I would assume that the Federation and/or Starfleet make so much money for their services, and despite being a socialist state, give their officers so much allowance to be used to purchase goods and services in areas still capitalist.

A previous episode, "Doctor Bashir, I Presume" has got me thinking. If you had a child and he or she had problems, and the service was available to you, would you genetically modify them? There are good points to both sides of the argument. On one hand, unless the procedure is free and available to all (and it doesn't sound like it was in the episode, or will be in real life) you wind up with the perfect upper class and an imperfect lower class. Since it's the lower class which pushes the development of a society through work, and the upper class merely reaping the benefits, it's not hard to see how something like this would cause more problems than it would solve. On the other hand, if a medical treatment is available to you, how smart is it to turn it down based on morality? This question is being asked today about birth control... the "right" is asking if people have a right to choose not to have children, in possible contrast to the wishes of a higher power. My counterargument to that is that the common cold and headaches are similarly inventions and wishes of a higher power (to assume one exists), and cold and headache medicine is Man's answer, but you never hear of the "right" speaking out against Sudafed or Tylenol. Genetic manipulation is in the future of medicine. Personally I think it should come down to choice: those who want it and can afford it should be able to get it and those who don't want it can boycott it all they want, but should not interfere with those who want it. And of course, manipulations should only be available which benefit the individual, not cosmetic things. Then again, I'd be one to choose the gender of my child(ren). I wouldn't go messing with the details, but I'd be interested in weeding out impediments such as hereditary illnesses and allergies.

"Ties of Blood and Water" continues the relationship between Kira and the Cardassian Ghemor, who we met in a previous episode, when Kira was kidnapped and surgically altered to look like a Cardassian, and pose as Ghemor's daughter. Decent episode, not much to say here... It's officially stated for the first time that the Vortas (namely Weyoun) can be cloned, and the one Sisko saw die was the fourth; we're now "on" the "fifth" Weyoun.

"Ferengi Love Songs" wasn't quite as annoying as "Family Business" but it wasn't quite as good as "Bar Association". No, I don't particularly care for most of the Ferengi episodes, but I guess it's cool that Quark has his license back. Odo gets his shapeshifting abilities back, Quark gets his license back... it all fits together nicely, but what's next?

"Soldiers of the Empire". Now this was a good [Klingon] episode, justifying the previous three. OK, the previous three weren't so bad, but coupled with the two before them, it's been pretty slow since "By Inferno's Light", which, with its predecessor, easily dwarfs everything after. You know it's going to be a good episode when you cross Klingons and Dax, not to mention Dax and Worf joining a Klingon ship for a mission. Like so many Star Trek episodes, the ending wraps up too quickly (where was the battle?) but it was good nonetheless.

I suppose now I have no choice but to watch the next two, which I've been waiting for for so long: "Children of Time" and "Blaze of Glory". And then it's only three more episodes in Season 5. Though it's now time for a break... I have soup and pizza (well, calzone) crust to be eaten. :P

"Business as Usual" was a pretty good Ferengi episode.  Shows how far Quark is -- and isn't -- willing to go to make a profit.  It doesn't make him admirable, just a little less despicable.  I thought he handled the end pretty well.

358595[/snapback]

I think this episode shows that Quark has become more "huumon" then he'd like to admit. He was willing to do some pretty bad things to earn profit but once he got into it he realized that he just couldn't do it.

"Ties of Blood and Water" continues the relationship between Kira and the Cardassian Ghemor, who we met in a previous episode, when Kira was kidnapped and surgically altered to look like a Cardassian, and pose as Ghemor's daughter.  Decent episode, not much to say here... It's officially stated for the first time that the Vortas (namely Weyoun) can be cloned, and the one Sisko saw die was the fourth; we're now "on" the "fifth" Weyoun.

358595[/snapback]

This is one of those "disconnected" 2 parters where "second Skin is it's part 1. I like to watch those episodes together even though they weren't meant to be seen that way.

As for Weyoun 4 and 5...

Click For Spoiler

"Ferengi Love Songs" wasn't quite as annoying as "Family Business" but it wasn't quite as good as "Bar Association".  No, I don't particularly care for most of the Ferengi episodes, but I guess it's cool that Quark has his license back.  Odo gets his shapeshifting abilities back, Quark gets his license back... it all fits together nicely, but what's next?

358595[/snapback]

The actress that played Moogie in this episode is Cecily Adams, Don Adams daughter. She passed away a year or so ago from lung cancer at 39.

"Soldiers of the Empire".  Now this was a good [Klingon] episode, justifying the previous three.  OK, the previous three weren't so bad, but coupled with the two before them, it's been pretty slow since "By Inferno's Light", which, with its predecessor, easily dwarfs everything after.  You know it's going to be a good episode when you cross Klingons and Dax, not to mention Dax and Worf joining a Klingon ship for a mission.  Like so many Star Trek episodes, the ending wraps up too quickly (where was the battle?) but it was good nonetheless.

358595[/snapback]

I always enjoy this episode, it's a great re-introduction for Martok getting back into action.

Who is Don Adams? That's sad about Cecily... I was thinking she sounded familiar for some reason.

I didn't like Martok in "Soldiers of the Empire" as much as in "By Inferno's Light". He seemed to be something of a coward this time. Worf was the one who got back into action... not to mention some of his lost honor.

As for Weyoun... Well, let's just say I browsed the The many deaths of Weyoun topic here, so his death back in season 4 did not come as much of a surprise.

And Quark didn't earn profit in "Business as Usual". He did, however, get his debts paid off. I'm pretty sure that the deal he sabotaged is the one he was supposed to profit from; it was just before that that the guy told him rather than paying him, he was paying his creditors. Quark doesn't do much profiting really... he usually seems to lose whatever he gains or just plain break even. Nog and Rom were wise to distance themselves from his bar.

You know, VBG... there's going to be a good gap in there... but when I finish DS9, I'm going to just be watching TNG with Jo... then when that's done with, I'm going to sit through all of DS9 all over again... and then Voayger all over again. But it'll be worth it because she's never seen any of it. She may have seen bits and pieces of a couple episodes from each on TV, but never any one episode all the way through (as far as I know) before I came along. I just hope that we're able to finish out all three series. She's proud to have finally seen all of Star Wars, but that's only six movies... Nothing on the "whole Star Trek experience" -- nevermind that we're skipping TOS and missing ENT. (Though I do plan on showing her the TOS movies, so she at least knows who Kirk and the others are.)

[Monday night]

"Children of Time" -- I think I got me a new favorite DS9 episode. I like the episodes like this -- TNG's "The Inner Light" and Voyager's "Blink of an Eye" -- which cover so much ground in so little time. Wow. Great episode all around. What I don't understand about the ending was this: At what point did Sisko and the crew decide to give up returning to the station, and recreate the accident? And how was it a bad thing that Odo saved the day? Yes, I realize he caused about eight thousand people to cease to exist, but it's more accurate to say that he saved the Defiant crew from being marooned in the Gamma Quadrant.

"Blaze of Glory" wasn't as good as its predecessors "For the Cause" and "For the Uniform" but it wrapped up the "trilogy" (or "arc") quite nicely. Sisko has Eddington freed to track down thirty cloaked missiles sent by the Maquis to Cardassia. Eddington gets a more fitting fate than dying in a prison (or waiting for said prison to be destroyed by the Jem'hadar) and Sisko comes to realize something about the Maquis. He doesn't come to fully understand them, but he does wind up with a bit of respect for Eddington at least. The scenes between Nog and Martok (the confrontation, and the respect) are priceless.

[Tuesday]

"Empok Nor" was OK... it was too dark most of the time. I don't know if it looks any brighter on TV, but I really, really hate movies that use darkness. It messes with my head. Games that do it are even worse. As far as the episode... O'Brien, Nog, Garak, and some nameless crewmen travel to an abandoned Cardassian space station called Empok Nor (identical to DS9/Terak Nor in just about every way) in search of some parts they need. For those who have seen it... tell me you didn't jump when the first Starfleet officer got it. :P

I have to say, I really liked "In the Cards". Nog and Jake scheme to acquire an old baseball card (a 1951 Willie Mays rookie card, before I forget). Why they can't just replicate one is beyond me. Use the transporter to steal it, the replicator to copy it, and give back the original. Would Captain Sisko look a gift horse in the mouth (and scan the card to reveal it's a fake)? But that's not the point. Also, I think this is the first episode directed by Michael Dorn (Worf). I pay attention to who directs, because often it's one of the cast members. LeVar Burton (LaForge, from TNG) directs a lot. The guy who plays Odo (not even going to try to spell that out) and Avery Brooks (Sisko) direct a few. Jonathan Frakes (TNG's Riker) may have directed a couple... I know he did a few of the movies, maybe some TNG episodes... DS9 I'm not sure of. I usually don't pay attention to the behind-the-scenes people, but I do see a few names a lot.

"Call to Arms" was an excellent episode, particularly the ending. Actually it reminded me of the end of the last Voyager episode, but in that case the whole fleet was welcoming Voyager home; in this case, they're joining the Defiant and Martok's Bird of Prey in an attack on Tarak Nor, which just got taken by the Cardassians and the Dominion. Well, that was at the end, anyway. Rom marries Lita (Leeta?), Dax accepts Worf's... proposal?... Quark kisses Rom on the back of the head (not as significant, but I don't think he's shown as much affection for his brother before), and Jake stays behind to report... Naturally all I can really say is I'm anxious to get Season 6 started. :P

"A Time to Stand" was an excellent start for Season 6. With Tarak Nor still under Dominion and Cardassian control, Kira and Weyoun are keeping the peace between the Cardassians and the Bajorans. Sisko and crew take a Jem'hadar ship* into Cardassian space to destroy the supply of Ketracel (sp?) White in the Alpha Quadrant, and, in doing so, cripple their ship. With something of a tribute to Voyager, Bashir calculates that it will take 17+ years to reach Federation space without warp drive. I'm noting that they keep referring to Bashir's genetic modifications. Seeing the season 5 episode "Doctor Bashir, I Presume" is required viewing for these episodes. *Was the Jem'hadar ship the one Sisko salvaged in the Season 5 episode "The Ship"? If so, the Federation has been busy with it.

In any case, time and time again, DS9 is proving to be far superior to the other Trek series. B) If I can ever afford to purchase any Trek series on DVD, DS9 is the first one I'll get. TNG will always be a classic to me, and I still sort of feel the need to have it on DVD, but the truth is I enjoy watching DS9 a lot more. And I can't wait until Jo and I start watching it.

Just finished "Rocks and Shoals". Chased into a nebula, Sisko and crew crash their stolen Jem'hadar warship on a desolate planet. Unfortunately for them, it's populated by ten Jem'hadar soldiers and one Vorta. This is sort of like the season 4 episode "To the Death" where the Federation and Jem'hadar had to work together, although more loosely this time around. Sisko admits it was an honor serving alongside the Jem'hadar in that episode (it's referenced). I always appreciate seeing someone from one side showing respect for the other side; it adds an extra depth to the conflict.

It just doesn't end, does it? People on this board were asking for a DS9 movie? Some video editing genius ought to take this arc I'm in, chop out the symphonic intros from each one, the fadeouts/fadeins, and make something of a DS9 movie out of it. It's been known to happen... Well, at least there's a "Kirkless Generations" floating around the filesharing networks which completely removes James T. Kirk from Star Trek VII for the given reason that Kirk deserved a better end. Anyway, the DS9 movie would end up quite long, encompassing so far three episodes (that's about 2 hours 8-10 minutes) and probably more. That's it, I'm scanning ahead... OK, it looks like "Sacrifice of Angels" is the episode in which Starfleet retakes DS9. So eight episodes total... times 43 minutes... comes out to 344 minutes, or about 5 and a half hours. Much too long... sadly as well, looks like I won't finish this arc tonight. The movie suggestion was just a thought... but maybe it will inspire someone to do something with a shorter arc.

"Sons and Daughters" reintroduces us to Alexander (Worf's son) and is mostly a Klingon episode, though not to the caliber of the season 5 episode "Soldiers of the Empire". The plot structure of the episode revolved more around the relationship between Worf and Alexander than anything directly having to do with the arc. It turns out that between this episode and the last one, O'Brien did in fact fix the Vorta's communication device, and they were rescued by Martok's Bird of Prey. I didn't really like this episode, despite seeing Alexander again.

Six episodes, AGAIN... and I plan to watch another one. I confess... I'm hooked on DS9 like the Jem'hadar are hooked on the white... :P

The arc/saga continues with "Behind the Lines". The last few episodes, while good in that they're continuing the arc, don't seem to really be of much value on their own. These episodes are different... but I'll have to conclude the arc tomorrow.

Who is Don Adams? 

358611[/snapback]

He played super (bumbling) spy Maxwell Smart in the 60's sitcom "Get Smart". He just passed away a couple weeks ago himself.

I didn't like Martok in "Soldiers of the Empire" as much as in "By Inferno's Light".  He seemed to be something of a coward this time.  Worf was the one who got back into action... not to mention some of his lost honor.

358611[/snapback]

But at the end Worf has given Martok back his 'Warroir's Heart' and Martok gets better from this point on. By the final episode I think you'll like his character a lot.

And Quark didn't earn profit in "Business as Usual".  He did, however, get his debts paid off.  I'm pretty sure that the deal he sabotaged is the one he was supposed to profit from; it was just before that that the guy told him rather than paying him, he was paying his creditors.  Quark doesn't do much profiting really... he usually seems to lose whatever he gains or just plain break even.  Nog and Rom were wise to distance themselves from his bar.

358611[/snapback]

I'd consider having your debts paid off as a profit lol

You know, VBG... there's going to be a good gap in there... but when I finish DS9, I'm going to just be watching TNG with Jo... then when that's done with, I'm going to sit through all of DS9 all over again... and then Voayger all over again.  But it'll be worth it because she's never seen any of it.  She may have seen bits and pieces of a couple episodes from each on TV, but never any one episode all the way through (as far as I know) before I came along.  I just hope that we're able to finish out all three series.  She's proud to have finally seen all of Star Wars, but that's only six movies... Nothing on the "whole Star Trek experience" -- nevermind that we're skipping TOS and missing ENT.  (Though I do plan on showing her the TOS movies, so she at least knows who Kirk and the others are.)

358611[/snapback]

You'll have to encourage her to post about her thoughts on what she's watching (if she feels like it). I very much enjoy reading fresh opinions.

[Monday night]

"Children of Time" -- I think I got me a new favorite DS9 episode.  I like the episodes like this -- TNG's "The Inner Light" and Voyager's "Blink of an Eye" -- which cover so much ground in so little time.  Wow.  Great episode all around.  What I don't understand about the ending was this: At what point did Sisko and the crew decide to give up returning to the station, and recreate the accident?  And how was it a bad thing that Odo saved the day?  Yes, I realize he caused about eight thousand people to cease to exist, but it's more accurate to say that he saved the Defiant crew from being marooned in the Gamma Quadrant.

358826[/snapback]

I've always loved this episode too but I was disappointed in the end, I always wish they could have written an ending that allowed the colony to remain.

The point that the crew decides to give up returning to their lives is while they are planting and O'brien is helping. After spending time with them he comes to the conclusion that their culture can't die. Since he was the lone crew member refusing to stay on the planet they were going to go home. When he changed his mind they all decided to stay. Then Odo (the future Odo) pulled his trick and that's how it ended.

"Blaze of Glory" wasn't as good as its predecessors "For the Cause" and "For the Uniform" but it wrapped up the "trilogy" (or "arc") quite nicely.  Sisko has Eddington freed to track down thirty cloaked missiles sent by the Maquis to Cardassia.  Eddington gets a more fitting fate than dying in a prison (or waiting for said prison to be destroyed by the Jem'hadar) and Sisko comes to realize something about the Maquis.  He doesn't come to fully understand them, but he does wind up with a bit of respect for Eddington at least.  The scenes between Nog and Martok (the confrontation, and the respect) are priceless.

358826[/snapback]

My reaction to Blaze of Glory was much the same as yours, it was a good ending to the Eddington arc but not a favorite.

I too love the Nog/Martok sequence, and priceless is a good word for that lol

[Tuesday]

"Empok Nor" was OK... it was too dark most of the time.  I don't know if it looks any brighter on TV, but I really, really hate movies that use darkness.  It messes with my head.  Games that do it are even worse.  As far as the episode... O'Brien, Nog, Garak, and some nameless crewmen travel to an abandoned Cardassian space station called Empok Nor (identical to DS9/Terak Nor in just about every way) in search of some parts they need.  For those who have seen it... tell me you didn't jump when the first Starfleet officer got it. :P

358826[/snapback]

Did you see the reference in season 6's "Rocks and Shoals" to this episode where Nog refuses to be in front of Garak? I found that to be amusing lol.

As I recall I've jumped a couple times on that one even though I've seen it several times lol.

I have to say, I really liked "In the Cards".  Nog and Jake scheme to acquire an old baseball card (a 1951 Willie Mays rookie card, before I forget).  Why they can't just replicate one is beyond me.  Use the transporter to steal it, the replicator to copy it, and give back the original.  Would Captain Sisko look a gift horse in the mouth (and scan the card to reveal it's a fake)?  But that's not the point.  Also, I think this is the first episode directed by Michael Dorn (Worf).  I pay attention to who directs, because often it's one of the cast members.  LeVar Burton (LaForge, from TNG) directs a lot.  The guy who plays Odo (not even going to try to spell that out) and Avery Brooks (Sisko) direct a few.  Jonathan Frakes (TNG's Riker) may have directed a couple... I know he did a few of the movies, maybe some TNG episodes... DS9 I'm not sure of.  I usually don't pay attention to the behind-the-scenes people, but I do see a few names a lot.

358826[/snapback]

This was a fun episode, it keeps elements of the arc in play but is completely outside of the arc. Ever since the first time I saw this episode I've been on the look out for the "soulless minions of orthodoxy" lol

On a side note about directors, keep an eye out on the names. You may notice Anson Williams name pop up a time or two. I just saw an episode the other day that he directed but I don't remember which one it was.

"Call to Arms" was an excellent episode, particularly the ending.  Actually it reminded me of the end of the last Voyager episode, but in that case the whole fleet was welcoming Voyager home; in this case, they're joining the Defiant and Martok's Bird of Prey in an attack on Tarak Nor, which just got taken by the Cardassians and the Dominion.  Well, that was at the end, anyway.  Rom marries Lita (Leeta?), Dax accepts Worf's... proposal?... Quark kisses Rom on the back of the head (not as significant, but I don't think he's shown as much affection for his brother before), and Jake stays behind to report... Naturally all I can really say is I'm anxious to get Season 6 started. :P

358826[/snapback]

This was a good ending for season 5 and really springs you into season 6, DS9 was great for those kinds of season finales and season premiers. I think Rom is probably one of the luckiest Trek characters in all of Trek, He got to marry Leeta! lol

"A Time to Stand" was an excellent start for Season 6.  With Tarak Nor still under Dominion and Cardassian control, Kira and Weyoun are keeping the peace between the Cardassians and the Bajorans.  Sisko and crew take a Jem'hadar ship* into Cardassian space to destroy the supply of Ketracel (sp?) White in the Alpha Quadrant, and, in doing so, cripple their ship.  With something of a tribute to Voyager, Bashir calculates that it will take 17+ years to reach Federation space without warp drive.  I'm noting that they keep referring to Bashir's genetic modifications.  Seeing the season 5 episode "Doctor Bashir, I Presume" is required viewing for these episodes. *Was the Jem'hadar ship the one Sisko salvaged in the Season 5 episode "The Ship"?  If so, the Federation has been busy with it.

358826[/snapback]

Bashir's genetic "condition" will be brought up many more times, I think it really added to his character in the final seasons.

The ship that they are using is indeed the ship from "The Ship" (I think I said 'the ship' too many times there lol), this is one of the reasons that I love DS9. They don't just let story elements die after an episode is done, they carry some elements forward and use them to further future stories. Keep Keevan (from "Rocks and Shoals" in your memory, you will see him again and I predict you will like it. Have you ever heard of Iggy Pop?

In any case, time and time again, DS9 is proving to be far superior to the other Trek series. B) If I can ever afford to purchase any Trek series on DVD, DS9 is the first one I'll get.  TNG will always be a classic to me, and I still sort of feel the need to have it on DVD, but the truth is I enjoy watching DS9 a lot more.  And I can't wait until Jo and I start watching it.

358826[/snapback]

This is what most people find out once they watch the whole series. There is so much more "Meat" and detail to DS9 then was in any of the other Trek series. I will always love TNG and for me TOS is my "Classic" series because I grew up in the 70's pretending to be Kirk but like you said and like I've been saying for years, DS9 is far superior to any of the others before or after it.

Just finished "Rocks and Shoals".  Chased into a nebula, Sisko and crew crash their stolen Jem'hadar warship on a desolate planet.  Unfortunately for them, it's populated by ten Jem'hadar soldiers and one Vorta.  This is sort of like the season 4 episode "To the Death" where the Federation and Jem'hadar had to work together, although more loosely this time around.  Sisko admits it was an honor serving alongside the Jem'hadar in that episode (it's referenced).  I always appreciate seeing someone from one side showing respect for the other side; it adds an extra depth to the conflict.

358826[/snapback]

I just watched this episode a day or 2 ago, you're close to catching up to where Spike is in their daily run of DS9. The last episode that they've played up to now is "Waltz"

Anyway, "R&S" is a great episode that will come to play a part in a small way in a future episode for this season "The Magnificent Ferengi", which I mentioned above and is a really fun episode.

It just doesn't end, does it?  People on this board were asking for a DS9 movie?  Some video editing genius ought to take this arc I'm in, chop out the symphonic intros from each one...

358826[/snapback]

Interesting idea, if I had more time I might take that task on but I just don't have the time lately. I think you'll see why so many Niners want a movie once you've watched all of season 7. There's a lot of room for a great series of movies if they'd just make them.

Six episodes, AGAIN... and I plan to watch another one.  I confess... I'm hooked on DS9 like the Jem'hadar are hooked on the white... :P

The arc/saga continues with "Behind the Lines".  The last few episodes, while good in that they're continuing the arc, don't seem to really be of much value on their own.  These episodes are different... but I'll have to conclude the arc tomorrow.

358826[/snapback]

You're getting close to my alltime favorite Trek episode and the episode that has been voted as the best of any Trek episode in many polls... "In The Pale Moonlight". I hope all the hype doesn't raise expectations to an un-attainable level but when I first saw this episode it really blew me away. This episode, to me is Trek at it's very best.

With as many great episodes as season 6 has, it's still not my favorite season. When I went through the seasons in a thread a couple years ago (somewhere in the DS9 forum or the Polls forum) I counted up how many "favorite" episodes were in each season and season 7 had the most but season 6 was VERY close behind.

I look forward to future reviews and I look forward to hearing about how Jo likes TNG and especially DS9 when you get to them.

"Favor the Bold" starts with Sisko's plan to retake Tarak Nor/DS9 from the Dominion. Odo has pretty much sold out to the Founders, and the episode cuts just as the Federation and the Dominion are about to start fighting... 1,254 Dominion/Cardassian ships outnumbering the Federation by about 2:1. As far as the "loss of and retaking of DS9" arc, this one is better than the last few... I eagerly await the conclusion.

"Sacrifice of Angels" ends the arc with Sisko retaking DS9. Pretty good episode, lots of ships, lots of battles... pretty much a happy ending. I'm not sure I got how the Prophets just wished away 2,800 Dominion/Jem'hadar ships, but it was a nice little twist.

[All quotes below here from VBG]

He played super (bumbling) spy Maxwell Smart in the 60's sitcom "Get Smart". He just passed away a couple weeks ago himself.
Oh, Inspector Gadget. :lol: I've never seen Get Smart, but I do remember hearing it (or at least its main character) was the basis for Inspector Gadget, that silly cartoon from the 1980s (did they ever show the bad guy's face?).

But at the end Worf has given Martok back his 'Warroir's Heart' and Martok gets better from this point on. By the final episode I think you'll like his character a lot.
Martok has since gotten better. B)

Did you see the reference in season 6's "Rocks and Shoals" to this episode where Nog refuses to be in front of Garak? I found that to be amusing lol.
Oh yes. And then he turns his back on Garak, either in that episode or the next one.

This was a fun episode, it keeps elements of the arc in play but is completely outside of the arc. Ever since the first time I saw this episode I've been on the look out for the "soulless minions of orthodoxy" lol

On a side note about directors, keep an eye out on the names. You may notice Anson Williams name pop up a time or two. I just saw an episode the other day that he directed but I don't remember which one it was.

Will do... The name Anson Williams doesn't ring a bell, but I'll make special note if I see his/her name in the credits, pause the episode immediately, and make note... Assuming I remember. :yawn:

Could the soulless minions of orthodoxy been the Dominion (the Vorta are always talking about order... another word for orthodox... sorta) or was the guy just crazy?

This was a good ending for season 5 and really springs you into season 6, DS9 was great for those kinds of season finales and season premiers. I think Rom is probably one of the luckiest Trek characters in all of Trek, He got to marry Leeta! lol
Spelling noted. But Worf's luckier... Prior male hosts or not, it's all about Dax. Remember how Leeta cries (there's an example in either Favor the Bold or Sacrifice of Angels)?

Bashir's genetic "condition" will be brought up many more times, I think it really added to his character in the final seasons.

{snip}Have you ever heard of Iggy Pop?

Heard of him, but I won't make a fool of myself by pretending I know anything about him. :lol:

Yeah, I keep hearing about Bashir's genetic resequencing/manipulation. Apparently he can now outthink a computer (calculate faster than one, anyway).

You're getting close to my alltime favorite Trek episode and the episode that has been voted as the best of any Trek episode in many polls... "In The Pale Moonlight". I hope all the hype doesn't raise expectations to an un-attainable level but when I first saw this episode it really blew me away. This episode, to me is Trek at it's very best.
Yes, it's seen its share of hype... it's one I'm looking forward to.

I'm not sure I got how the Prophets just wished away 2,800 Dominion/Jem'hadar ships, but it was a nice little twist.

They have the ability to manipulate linear beings and matter, it's never really explained but they just do.

Martok has since gotten better. :lol:

Yeah, that one episode (Soldiers of the Empire) was really the only "bad" Martok episode, at least in my opinion.

Will do... The name Anson Williams doesn't ring a bell, but I'll make special note if I see his/her name in the credits, pause the episode immediately, and make note... Assuming I remember. :lol:

Could the soulless minions of orthodoxy been the Dominion (the Vorta are always talking about order... another word for orthodox... sorta) or was the guy just crazy?

They could be but from listening to Geiger (sp) talk they have known about the "Soulless Minions" longer then we've known about the Dominion. So I just think they're just part of his delusions.

Anson Williams is the actor that played "Potsie" on Happy Days.

But Worf's luckier... Prior male hosts or not, it's all about Dax.  Remember how Leeta cries (there's an example in either Favor the Bold or Sacrifice of Angels)?

You may think he's even luckier by the middle of season 7, I did anyway lol (I'll explain when you get there).

Heard of him, but I won't make a fool of myself by pretending I know anything about him. :yawn:

I don't know a whole lot about him either, other then that he's a singer. Anyway he plays a Vorta in "The Magnificent Ferengi".

Yes, it's seen its share of hype... it's one I'm looking forward to.

358945[/snapback]

Maybe I should downplay it a bit... Come to think of it it wasn't really that good... you may not like it... B) :lol:

Also look for "Who Mourns for Morn", a really funny one and another fan favorite "Far Beyond the Stars". In it you get to see all of the actors out of make-up. The first time I saw Quark out of make-up I was a bit surprised. I'd never have recognized him.

I was just watching 'Chrysalis' again last night. I love that episode, it's a great feel good episode in the middle of the seventh series. My favourite scene is when the institute quartet sing their melody, the smile on Sarina's face was great. Fantastic scene and a fantastic episode.

I don't know a whole lot about him either, other then that he's a singer. Anyway he plays a Vorta in "The Magnificent Ferengi".

It says Yeldrun is played by him. Yeldrun is probably my favorite Vorta. The guy who plays him is a singer? I've never heard of him, but I like his voice.

Edited by sea trooper