Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Star Wars vs. Star Trek (movies)

I didn't like Yoda fighting that well. I don't know, it just left a bad feeling like Lucas thought of it while he was trying to be funny and then tried to make it serious, forgeting that seeing a two-foot tall Yoda against a 6'4 man just looks so dare I say, stupid.

But I still love Star Wars.

Yoda reminded me of a mexican jumping bean. :o

I think Count Dooku would have wasted the little green runt if he'd had more time.

Count Dooku is awesome,and he has the best looking lightsabre.In episode 3 the Jedi are going to get destroyed! :o

Edited by Bananas_The_Hutt

Does that include me? :thumbs:

I like the Sith,too.I mean,how are they worse than the Jedi?Yoda and Obi-Wan lied to Luke in order to gain his help in killing Vader.That jive about "a certain point of view" was pure Bantha Poodoo.Also,in "The Phantom Menace" you can't convince me that Qwi-Gon couldn't have secured Shmi Skywalker's freedom,too.The fact of the matter is,the Jedi don't want the parents or family of the children they bring into their order having anything to do with them (sounds like a Cult).Why?To brainwash them?

Then,in "Attack of the Clones"Obi-Wan tells Anakin to ignore his feelings that his mother was in danger,and Anakin obliges his "father" figure and master,until by the time he does run to his mother's rescue its too late.Did Obi-Wan know Shmi was in danger,and simply did not confirm his Padawan's own true feelings?Then,later on Obi-Wan warns Anakin that his love for Padme is explicitely forbidden by the Jedi.Again,why?To his credit,Anakin married Padme anyway.

So I don't blame Anakin for turning to the so-called "Dark" side and wiping out the Jedi Council.They lied to him,and betrayed him.

Did Darth Maul do anything particularly heinous on Episode I?No,he confined his duties to challenging the Jedi.He never once attacked someone outside of the Sith Vs. Jedi war.

I'll agree that Vader,and Darh Sidious,eventually become homocidal monsters.But the Jedi are no flawless angels themselves.

Yoda and Ben Kenobi had good reasons for withholding information for Luke.They knew that if he found out his father was alive,that no force in the universe would've stopped him from going to Vader.And Vader and Palpatine would have converted Luke into such a hideous Sith Lord,that the entire galaxy would have been doomed.Definitely the Rebel Alliance.

As for Qwi-Gon,Obi-Wan's,and the Jedi Council's reasons for doing what they do...well,I'm less clear on that.I think the Jedi Younglings need as strict and disciplined a learning environment as possible,therefore they must go away from their families.Also the Jedi have numerous enemies.There families would be placed in positions of peril if people knew that they had sons or daughters amongst the Jedi.

It was tragic that Anakin had to leave his mother,but it was for the best and she knew this.Otherwise I doubt she would have let Qwi-Gon,a practical stranger,just leave with her son.

Did Obi know Shmi was a trouble.I think it was likely that he sensed something,but that his feelings were elusive and clouded.He had no ties to Shmi,so he would not have sensed her distress as keenly as Ani.Anything Obi felt had to be merely fragmentary empathic pulses from his highly emotional Padawan.

I still love the Jedi.And IMO,Yoda would have wiped the cavern floor with Dooku (and he knew it,which is why he got the heck out of dodge! :thumbs: ).

:blink:

Edited by mr_tinkles

Does that include me? :wow:

I like the Sith,too.I mean,how are they worse than the Jedi?Yoda and Obi-Wan lied to Luke in order to gain his help in killing Vader.That jive about "a certain point of view" was pure Bantha Poodoo.Also,in "The Phantom Menace" you can't convince me that Qwi-Gon couldn't have secured Shmi Skywalker's freedom,too.The fact of the matter is,the Jedi don't want the parents or family of the children they bring into their order having anything to do with them (sounds like a Cult).Why?To brainwash them?

Then,in "Attack of the Clones"Obi-Wan tells Anakin to ignore his feelings that his mother was in danger,and Anakin obliges his "father" figure and master,until by the time he does run to his mother's rescue its too late.Did Obi-Wan know Shmi was in danger,and simply did not confirm his Padawan's own true feelings?Then,later on Obi-Wan warns Anakin that his love for Padme is explicitely forbidden by the Jedi.Again,why?To his credit,Anakin married Padme anyway.

(Off Topic, I know)

Anakin ignored them, and look what happend to him. Sith lord, Al Kapone of a galaxy far far away. The Jedi remain removed from there emotions, I guess kind of why the Vulcans do. It's dangerous for them. At their best they are perhaps the greatest allies you could ask for, but if they lose control, then terrible things happen. :huh:

Anakin and Palpatine are excellent examples of absolute power corrupting absolutely.

It happens all the time.

I mean,just look at me...I should've known better.

I am an all powerful Jedi.Last night when I was forced to remove I forum I had high hopes for from my site,I allowed anger to take control and temporarily became a Sith Lord.Now Invisionfree's second server is down,and maybe I'm to blame....a Jedi really should be careful what he wishes for when angry :clap:

Click for Spoiler:

just joking,of course