Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Star Wars vs. Star Trek (movies)

There's 3 ways to compare the Trek & Wars movies:

Star Wars vs. Star Trek (movies)

Original Star Wars Trilogy vs. TOS movies

New Star Wars Trilogy vs. TNG movies

Anywho, which do you prefer?

I myself think the original Star Wars trilogy and the TOS movies were equal in quallity while the TNG movies blow the new Star Wars trilogy out of the water! :laugh:

as far as Movies go, My Favorites Will always be Star Wars.

now, to narrow it down

I prefer "The Phantom Menace" over "The Motion Picture"

But

I Prefer "First Contact" over "The Phantom Menace"

anyways..It's All Good grin.gif

Ah, well, it's 5:30 AM, havn't gone to bed yet, everything's blurry, and I've got spelling and grammer mistakes left and right! :laugh: So as you can see, I shouldn't be posting as I don't even know what the heck I'm doing. This post is a perfect example. :laugh::dude:

She's on vacation! (runs into the Bridge, orders everyone out, then seals the doors with his fancy command codes)

I'm in command, it's my ship, all mine! :laugh: (goes insane from sleep deprivation and nose dives the Enterprise toward a life-less planet...)

And so, with the Captain putting the entire ship compliment in peril for not listening to the suggestion to get some sleep...

I will say this, I definately prefer Star Trek to Star Wars. My little brother is the opposite, although ever since First Contact...he has been really getting into Star Trek(Likes TNG, used to catch Voyager just to gawk at..oops, I mean, he was interested in 7 of 9. He is a huge fan of the Borg :laugh: )

Well.........Harrison Ford is in the original Star Wars movies, but TOS movies like TWOK and TVH are some of my favorite movies EVER. I'm really more of a Star Trek fan than Star Wars, but there's that Harrison Ford thing. And the new Star Wars movies are cool and have really good special effects, but I find the storylines somewhat weak, but then again some of the TNG movies weren't all that great in that respect either and they had good special effects, too. Anyway..........what was the question???? :laugh::laugh:

I havnt watched the original Star Wars movie so I couldnt tell ya there, but I liked the Phantom Menace and Hated attack of the clones, dunno why, just did, lol.

No question that I like Star Trek better than Star Wars..

I like TOS movies better than the original Star Wars Movies..

I like TNG movies better than the new Star Wars movies..

However..

I like the original Star Wars movies better than TNG movies..!

I cant compare them because they are so good in their own rights and in so many different ways. Star Wars has the bonus of being limited and classic. While Star trek is expansive and more daily. Therefore i cant compare.

I never really got into the Star Wars movies...I've seen two full ones, but they just didn't apeal to me like the Trek movies do :laugh::laugh:

I cant compare them because they are so good in their own rights and in so many different ways. Star Wars has the bonus of being limited and classic. While Star trek is expansive and more daily. Therefore i cant compare.

We're comparring the Trek movies only, not the tv shows to Star Wars. :laugh:

I think for me, the Star Wars films just about edge it. It's that blasted Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi and Attack of the Clones that do it for me :laugh:

Star Trek is better and The Wrath of Khan is more exciting than Star Wars any day.

lol

sorry...I just see the same type stuff said on the Star Wars boards...but the opposite

The Cycle Never Ends...They'll both be better than the other forever, LOL :laugh:

But I guess on each's repective Forums, that's to be expected, hehe

Star Trek is better and The Wrath of Khan is more exciting than Star Wars any day.

lol

sorry...I just see the same type stuff said on the Star Wars boards...but the opposite

The Cycle Never Ends...They'll both be better than the other forever, LOL :laugh:

But I guess on each's repective Forums, that's to be expected, hehe

I guess its all about personal choice.

Personally I see The Wrath of Khan as the better film because it appeals to me on more levels than just fast cutting and pacing. I like the constant references to classic literature and the performance by Ricardo is worthy of the great villains of all time.

Saying all that I still like Star Wars.

Yeah, STII is my favorite of thr Trek Movies :laugh:

*sigh*....it's not easy being a Huge Fan of both and Post on both forums...lol

But atleast my fellow Star Trek Fans don't go Balistic when I tell them that I also like Star Wars, like Star Wars Fans will if they hear you like Star Trek aswell...sad..

I just can't compare...

Both series created a universe.

Star wars world was created into the movies.

Star Trek world was created outside the movies.

I think as a "whole", Starwars is well done. The old trilogy that is.

I don't really cared about the new segment.

As at ST, they had good and bad movies.

So.. I'm sorry, I just can't choose

Stardate:213501.6

Well I like Star Trek over Star Wars anyday.But the first 2 Star Wars movies were pretty good.I thought the story lines were really interesting and well done.After that Star Wars went down the toliet IMO.

We're comparring the Trek movies only, not the tv shows to Star Wars. ;)

I still cant compare.

I have the first love so Star Trek painted onto my heart, but I still like SW. I have to agree with geranimo that after 2, (or maybe 3) the ST series when down the tudes. I could watch the first three over and over, but the new one...lost interest there.

I know that some of the Trek movies have not been up to par, but we also have the TV there. Even if you add the book in SW to balance it out, i still think Trek wins. There is good and evil, but in Trek, good seems to be winning.

It's hard to choose but right now I'm more of a Star Trek fan than a Star Wars Fan. I think the first SW trilogy was on a rough par with the early ST movies but the new trilogy though enjoyable lacks the emotional impact of the original films. I also think that the new SW movies concentrate too much on special effects and not enough on the plot or the acting. The recent ST movies are not perfect but the characters are more developed in my opinion. I like both but trek wins out.