Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

New Voyages Updates

Even though this is prolly a competitor thereof, but has anyone tried out any of Starship Exeter yet?

I've seen the Starship Exeter stuff. While it is entertaining and well worth watching, it is vastly inferior to the quality of the New Voyages bunch.

Even though this is prolly a competitor thereof, but has anyone tried out any of Starship Exeter yet?

Personally I prefer New Voyages because of the continuation aspect and of course the involvement of big names from the original series, but I did watch one story from Exeter and thought it was enjoyable. Worth a look at the very least.

It's been a crazy few months latley with Star Trek New Voyages. We are heavy into post production for our episode "To Serve All My Days" starring Walter Koening; prepping for two more episodes to be shot in September (including "The World Above, The Sky Below" starring George Takei) , getting our new forums/discussion boards up and running and now . . .

Well, let's just copy and paste the newsbit from StarTrekNewVoyages.com News

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

James Cawley reports on the latest rumors and reports regarding a new STAR TREK online mini-series:

There have been inaccurate reports on the wire, so to set the record straight, here is the SCOOP!

A fan produced feature-length digital miniseries that starts shooting on July 12 called "Star Trek: Of Gods and Men" will be Produced in part by the team behind "New Voyages." This new webisode — which will be distributed on the Internet in three parts — stars Nichelle Nichols and Walter Koenig reprising their roles as "Uhura" and "Chekov," but in the post-Kirk time of Enterprise-B captain "John Harriman," reprised by Alan Ruck. Tim Russ will direct, and will also appear as a younger "Tuvok." The film will include other performances by Garrett Wang ("Harry Kim"), Chase Masterson ("Leeta"), Grace Lee Whitney ("Janice Rand"), Gary Graham ("Soval") and Crystal Allen (from "Bound"), along with some special "surprise" guests.

"Of Gods and Men" is executive produced by Sky Douglas Conway, head of PlanetXpo and producer of "Lady Magdalene's" and the "Roddenberry on Patrol" short films, and the script was written by Conway along with Jack Trevino and Ethan H. Calk, both of whom contributed to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes. Other behind-the-scenes professionals from the actual show will be involved, such as Doug Knapp as director of photography.

The miniseries will be shot in part on the "New Voyages" set in New York State, but is expected to include locations in Los Angeles. The movie's Web site is www.startrekofgodsandmen.com.

Cawley explains, "While we are thrilled to be helping with this endeavor, please remember that this is A SEPARATE project from "NEW VOYAGES." This project is/was started by Sky Conway. He contacted us, and asked us about the use of our sets, props and volunteers. We here at New Voyages are VOLUNTEERING behind the scenes to help Sky with his Trek dream. This is his project and we are along for what is sure to be a fun ride. NO money is being made. We are not being paid and we are not charging for the use of our sets. We are still abiding by the guidelines given to us by Paramount more than two years ago.

"The fan films are a vital part of Star Trek and it's history. No other franchise on the planet can boast of such a dedicated and vocal fanbase! It is our dream that CBS/Paramount will someday license and support these Fan films. They already license fan fiction thru their pocket books division, this would be the next logical step! At any rate We are grateful to CBS/PARAMOUNT for 40 years of this enduring legacy, called Star Trek. We here at New Voyages support and thank them."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Crazy, busy world here at New Voyages!

Wow! This sounds amazing and awesome. Can't wait to see this!

If you haven't yet seen the product that the New Voyages group puts out, I would urge you to do so. They have finished 2 episodes that are available for download at no cost to you. Check it out.

www.newvoyages.com

New Voyages is still alive and kicking. We've just released our first eMagazine filled with behind the scenes pictures, interviews, preproduction notes and more!

The 35 page, 23M Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) file can be found HERE!

cvr.jpg

I believe the next episode is the "Sulu" episode. I hope its better than the "Chekov" episode.

I believe the next episode is the "Sulu" episode. I hope its better than the "Chekov" episode.

The Chekov one was disappointing. The Sulu one has got to be better.

As for burning them onto DVD for future viewing, I am not sure. I've never tried it.

Edited by Gummy

There are several programs out there that can assist in conveting the files and burning them to DVD.

"To Serve All My Days" in DVD format should be coming this spring.

Thank you bright eyes :mad1:

other then burning them

Can we order them from you.

Money helps with production?

other then burning them

They are forbidden by law to profit from the sale of dvds. However, I'm pretty sure that they can take donations in general.

other then burning them

They are forbidden by law to profit from the sale of dvds. However, I'm pretty sure that they can take donations in general.

Interesting. But only if they're a non-profit type of organization, right? Wouldn't they have to be in order to accept donations?

Interesting. But only if they're a non-profit type of organization, right? Wouldn't they have to be in order to accept donations?

They CAN NOT take monetary donations as accepting money of any kind violates their agreement with CBS/Paramount--which outlines their use of the Star Trek francise in an amateur not-for-profit production. They do take gift cards from Home Depot and like places, as well as donations of items for the sets and filming. They have a wish list on their site. They don't send out dvd copies except as acknowlegement to people who donate. Distrubution of dvds violates their agreement. They also can not charge people to see their films at conventions or other venues.

The first episode, In Harm's Way is available from their mirror sites in dvd file format. TSAMD is not yet, and they have promised a special edition, with vintage commercials and a surprise, when they release the dvd formatted files. They prefer you wait for the official dvd version to be released on their site before making a dvd.

However, if you can't wait you can visit their forums there are many good discussions on how to convert the files to a format which will burn on a dvd. Then you miss out on the special edition with the surprise!

They CAN NOT take monetary donations as accepting money of any kind violates their agreement with CBS/Paramount--which outlines their use of the Star Trek francise in an amateur not-for-profit production. They do take gift cards from Home Depot and like places, as well as donations of items for the sets and filming. They have a wish list on their site. They don't send out dvd copies except as acknowlegement to people who donate. Distrubution of dvds violates their agreement. They also can not charge people to see their films at conventions or other venues.

The first episode, In Harm's Way is available from their mirror sites in dvd file format. TSAMD is not yet, and they have promised a special edition, with vintage commercials and a surprise, when they release the dvd formatted files. They prefer you wait for the official dvd version to be released on their site before making a dvd.

However, if you can't wait you can visit their forums there are many good discussions on how to convert the files to a format which will burn on a dvd. Then you miss out on the special edition with the surprise!

Thank you for the clarification.

Thought I'd pop in and make a little announcement about Star Trek: New Voyages' latest release for those who may not have heard...

Star Trek: New Voyages

World Enough And Time

is now available at

:) WARP SPEED! :)

Simply stop on over to StarTrekNewVoyages.com and click on the banner to catch the streaming flash video! (We can handle 100,000 simultanious users!)

This episode is receiving rave reviews and I'd love to hear you comments!

ENJOY!

Edited by jorel

I've seen it already. Its pretty good. Not as good as "In Harm's Way" but way better than the last episode with Koenig. That one was a stinker.

Very good. The story is very loosely related to a comic story but the differences are far greater than the similarities. The actors and actresses lend their own spirit yet leave the characters as recognizable as the ones we know and love.

Wow... old thread. Since the last post we've filmed FIVE new episodes. Blood and Fire, part one; Blood and Fire, part two; Enemy: Starfleet; The Child; and Kitumba.

BAF: 1 went live on 12/20/08. The other four will all be available by next summer!

I have I must admit never seen the net productions; to be fair to all, I don't have any of that software in place, actually-but, other conditions being so, sure, I would be intrigued. Continued success with your endeavors..and those last titles, I recall as from the of course almost-Star Trek:Phase Two....the first reworked for TNG...

Kitumba was filmed at Fort Ticonderoga--or at least parts of it were, I know. My boyfriend's step-dad is friends with James Cawley and I may get to meet him soon...which would just be awesome. I lived not too far from Ti--about 45 minutes south, but now I'm in Albany. I first heard of Cawley and Star Trek: New Voyages through my boyfriend's step-dad.

My enthusiasm for NewVoyages has gone down a bit. Their last few productions havn't been all that great, storywise. Plus.....they've strayed from their original premise. Their mission goal was to complete the original 5 year mission because "Thats the Star Trek we all remember and miss".....quote...unquote. Now they are transitioning into the movie era.