Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Ice Cream

Who else likes to eat ice cream with soda? When I was in the Army we had a soft ice cream machine in the mess hall and I'd always get a dish (actually a glass) and fill it half with ice cream and the other half with coke. It was great. I still put it into bowls of ice cream from time to time.

Anyone else?

Nope, you're weird. blah.gif

Click for Spoiler:

Just kidding!!!

Actually yes, I usually do eat ice cream with soda. What else would you drink with ice cream?

Coke floats!!!!! OMG! Those are so good!

Root Beer floats too....matter of fact the Barq's brand now sells root beer floats in these little cups. They are in the ice cream section in grocery stores-I think there is either 6 or 8 cups per box(I know they are available at Winn Dixxie..)

I allways eat ice cream in one of 3 ways: 2. In a cup with milk :dude:

:laugh:

I like all kinds of floats, last night I had a Butter Pecan Dr. Pepper float. :laugh:

I love Coke and Root Beer floats!!! :laugh:

When I was in college, we used to get freshly baked yeast rolls at Sunday dinner. Warm, and filled with the kitchen's homemade ice cream (true, true!), they were DELICIOUS! That, to this day, is my fave way to eat ice cream, but I don't cook with yeast often!

Who else likes to eat ice cream with soda? When I was in the Army we had a soft ice cream machine in the mess hall and I'd always get a dish (actually a glass) and fill it half with ice cream and the other half with coke. It was great. I still put it into bowls of ice cream from time to time.

Anyone else?

mmm.. no.. lol

In my case, it's plain vanilla ice cream... ;)

Or, with Maple syrup.. just too good :-P

I never liked Root Beer or Coke floats.  My favorite way to eat ice cream is some peanut butter on top of Vanillia.  :)

I had a roommate who once introduced me to chocolate, peanut-better, banana milkmakes. OMG, taste-bud heaven. Sometimes I would add a slice a banana, a dollop of peanut better and some hot fudge sauce to vanilla ice-cream. I haven't had that in years - probably still won't but what a memory

Cold Stone creamery just opened up in my hometown.. they are awesome! It is homemade ice cream, and while you watch they prepare your choice of mixtures. For instace: I had a scoop of Banana ice cream, a scoop of chocolate ice cream, and a handfull of strawberies..these were placed on a prep table and they mixed it all together. It was so very good. My sister had gone the night before... hers was cake batter ice cream mixed with caramel...awesome as well!

Oh, and before I forget...July is National Ice Cream month!

The best combo is Vanilla Ice Cream in Root Beer. Root Bear Floats are the best. Sometimes I like Vanilla Ice Cream in Orange Soda too.

I also like Vanilla Ice Cream on Blueberry Pie too.

Vanilla Ice cream in Orange Soda.. that combo is great too..

Ice cream mixed with banana or chocolate pudding/mousse is great too.

But...please do not try what I did..Mountain Dew and ice cream. ACK!!!! that was terrible!

But...please do not try what I did..Mountain Dew and ice cream. ACK!!!! that was terrible!

Really - white kind of ice cream? I tried Mtn. Dew and Publix vanilla and it was pretty good.

Really - white kind of ice cream? I tried Mtn. Dew and Publix vanilla and it was pretty good.

Well actually it was on accident as some of my chocolate and almond ice cream fell into my drink.. I fished it out shrugged my shoulders and ate it...not so good tasting, IMO.

Click for Spoiler:

But not as bad as what my mom told me I ate as an infant..I shudder ever time I think of what she said. When I was an infant/toddler, I would eat EVERYTHING with ketchup on it. Especially, chocolate ice cream! ewwwww! Now, see why this was in a spoiler, sorry to gross anyone out, it grosses me...out and I was the one who did it!

I love ice cream soda floats. Vanilla Coke and Vanilla Ice cream is great, I also love regular coke floats and Root bear floats. OMG, I am at work and now I am starving and drooling on my keyboard. LOL :)

:) :bow:AHHHH! YES! VANILLA ICE CREAM AND VANILLA COKE.......OR VANILLA ICE CREAM AND ROOTBEER. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :bow::bow: