Sign in to follow this  
ThetaFive

Borg Maturation Chambers

There is all sorts of information on the proccess of assimilating adults however there is not very much information on maturation chambers so I have started this one pass along some questions I have and for others to post there own questions.

1. Has it ever been said how long 17 cycles is in year?

2. How quickly would they need to be removed to reverse any changes done to them?

3. Is there any prep done to them before they are placed in the maturation chamber?

4. How quickly are they linked to the collective once they are in the maturation chamber.

1. not exactly, but I assume 1 cycle is around a month.

The Raven was assimilated at 2355. 7 of 9 began her work around 2356.

Icheb for example, grew a lot in just a few months, in a year. But its unknown when he came out of the maturation chamber, could be months earlier.

2. Anyone in the maturation chamber, will have residual remains in them.

only people with strong immune systems can be recovered without a strip of metal in them. Others will have some things inside & can't be removed because its the vital systems that came in first.

At a young age, around probably teen age like Icheb, can live without the node in their skull. Or People like Picard, Tuvok, Torres & Janeway rescued in a short time too.

3. Prep?

u mean if they have put anything on them?

I would say either yes, or no.

we can see some implants on the baby in "Collective" & "Q Who"

but its unclear if its placed there manually or by the nanoprobes or when they are inside the maturation chamber.

4. Straight away I'd guess.

because in "unimatrix Zero" we see a kid pop into Uni-0 when he was assimilated & they say he is in a maturation chamber.

Between the maturation chamber in TNG which looked like a drawer or the one in Voyager with the transparent front and green tint which do you think looks better?

I like the later it gives a more eerie feeling seeing the soon to be drone thru the green lighting.

:(