Do You Like His Look?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like His Look?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's Okay
    • Undecided
    • Other

This is a kinda old pic but I thought I'd post it here for those who haven't seen it. There hasn't been a discussion on this either, but this is what Superman looks like in the upcoming movie

asup0ny.jpg

so what do you think? If nothing else, I think they have the wrong color of red, not to mention the "S" is a little too small. what do you think?

What Do You Think Of The New Superman?

Just one word.."Crap"....sorry but i hate the idea of a new superman film...i grew up with christopher reeve (may he rest in peace) and he was and still is my childhood hero :laugh:

Edited by hangon

What Do You Think Of The New Superman?

Just one word.."Crap"....sorry but i hate the idea of a new superman film...i grew up with christopher reeve (may he rest in peace) and he was and still is my childhood hero :laugh:

345192[/snapback]

I am with you Daniel. Christopher read was a god like being in those films, I loved the series of films. Nothing is going to compare to them, yes Brian Singer is a great DSirector, but that won't over come the fact that the original films had a soul that a overly commerical over polished and prbably overly computerised piece of work.

I understand that yes the superman films have special effects and all the stuff i have just ragged on, however, I want them to look unpolished. Which isn't how the films of late have looked.

It's okay. To tell the truth, I would have liked to see him in something more modern.

Brian Singer is a great DSirector, but that won't over come the fact that the original films had a soul that a overly commerical over polished and prbably overly computerised piece of work.

The first original two movies were good, but Superman III and Superman IV were absolute crap.

As for computer SFX, it simply has to be done. The original "flying" special effects now look ridiculously dated, so new technologies have to be incorporated.

I suppose TK I happen to be a reeves purist and there is nothing to change that.

He looks OK.

The new Superman movie will be good.

Brian Singer is an excellent director.

345200[/snapback]

I agree. Brian Singer did an excellent job with the little known but excellent film "Apt Pupil" (an excellent study in the nature of evil) and also with X1 & X2. I like the costume...the subdued red seems less flashy and that's probably a good thing. People often forget that the whole reason comicbooks heroes from the 1940's had primary colored costumes was because they used a 4-color printing process back then and they had no choice...it wasn't like Joe Shuster could have made Superman pastel or "vermillion". Same with Batman, Wonder Woman, and all those characters.

I'm much more interested in the plot. My understanding is that its a good script, and that it even got the blessing of Richard Donner, who directed the original Superman: The Movie & Superman II*(as well as all the Lethal Weapon films). Considering how good Batman Begins was...I'm stoked. :laugh:

*The producers of the Superman films, the Salkinds, fired Richard Donner when he was three quarters finished with Superman II and brought it Richard Lester to finish. While he received sole credit for SII, he clearly didn't deserve it. Compare it to Superman III, which is totally his work and you'll see the difference.

Bryan Singer has stated that his film will essentially follow after Superman II so that parts three and four will effectively be forgotten and ignored. Singer has stated that he's a huge fan of the first two Superman films and has no desire to try and "ignore" or "remake" them.

Rest in Peace Christopher Reeves

Frankly and with no offense intended; I could care less what shade of red his tights are, :lol: I'm looking forward to the story and from what I've seen; this is going to be good if not the best Superman film ever.

Check out this page of "on the set" clips.

Watching some of those I get the feeling everyone involved in Superman Returns is completely committed to reviving this franchise to the max, I won't be surprised if it surpasses the quality and attention to detail attained in this summers Batman Begins!

Now I'm stoked, can't wait! :superman:

I like his look. :lol: Here's a pic of the actor...

Brandon Routh - IMBd :)

I'm looking forward to seeing it because Kevin Spacey is in it! :hug:

He looks like a Giant Dork in red tights

Sorry- The movie looks stupid..*sits and waits for Batman #2*

He looks like a Giant Dork in red tights

It's the traditional Superman outfit.

The character has been wearing those colours in that style for decades.

I doubt people are going to think "Hey, he's wearing red and blue tights, let's not go see Superman".

People have seen the character looking like that for so long, the moviegoer wouldn't even care now.

I was refering to the Gay little hair curl he has- You can't transfer "everything" from the comic. On the otherhand- I don't like the casting and much prefer the batman movie...

I was refering to the Gay little hair curl he has-

A little hair curl is a gay trademark?

I've never noticed.

You can't transfer "everything" from the comic.

The little curl in the hair is probably just for promotional purposes. A little "nod" to the fanboys. Chances are you would never notice it in the movie itself.

On the otherhand- I don't like the casting and much prefer the batman movie...

The casting seems OK. Batman was a great movie.

Each of them seems to be respectful and appropriate to their orgins.

Batman was dark and violent, as it should be.

Superman seems more colourful and bright, as it should be.

I like the dark aspect of the Batman genre.On the other hand i also like the comix where they oppose eachother, They both stand for diffirent morals and values

And i am still waiting for the Wonder Woman movie!

Click For Spoiler
sb.jpg

Click For Spoiler
supermanbatman.jpg

Who looks cooler?

(spoiler boxes added)

Edited by Alterego

Dr. Doom is a great villain.

But I think the most eerie and evil villain is definately Red Skull, from the Captain America series.

Click For Spoiler
Red_Skull.jpg

Captain America would make a good movie, though the character needs a few improvements. A movie set in the 1930/40's would be interesting. That is not a movie that should be set in the present day.

Ok. You got me

But i must say that the recient Comic genre movies have dissapointed me- If they stick to the story like Hellboy- it might make money

You really feel that way, Tinadoll? I was really impressed by Batman Begins, I loved Sin City, and I was surprised how much fun Fantastic 4 actually turned out to be.

Granted, Catwoman was crap and so was Electra...but ya gotta take the bad with the good. :lol:

I should say MOST Comic movies

Loved Batman, FF4, hellboy and the Spidermans and X1

hated Catwomen, Sin city and the Punisher(which i cried after)

Liked (once) Hulk and Electra, and x-2

on the other hand Ghost rider looks blah and Superman looks like crap.And the STILL omited Gambit from x-3. So i shall skip that

but overall Comic movies should be true to the comics the represent(or the Graphic novels)

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

This is how I will always see Batman and Superman

Click For Spoiler

Kevin Conroy, the voice of Batman has played Batman more than Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and Christian Bale combined.

Click For Spoiler

I absolutely love Justice League Unlimited. IMO, the best cartoon on television today, it is like watching a comic book. So glad its coming back for season 5.