Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Star Trek XI Rumors

According to the latest issue of STAR TREK Magazine, just out in the UK, Paramount bosses have hinted that the prequel may be filmed in Australia, according to a claim made by the Premier of South Australia, Mike Rann, when he opened the Australian Star Trek convention, Terra Nova, back in April

"Mr Rann had been with Paramount Pictures executives at a dinner in Adelaide the day before our convention," Stuart Blair, President of the United Federation of Planets Fan Club of South Australia told Star Trek Magazine. Although that meeting was primarily about Paramount's upcoming film of Edgar Rice Burroughs' PRINCESS OF MARS, Paramount execs apparently also revealed they were also considering shooting the next STAR TREK film in Australia.

STAR TREK Magazine reader Carol Dale, who was at the event says the Premier also revealed some of the next film's plot.

"STAR TREK XI will be set in the very near future," Carol reports. "2010 to be exact. A time when the Earth has been almost destroyed by nuclear war, when our saviours from the future arrive."

"The story is to be set over two movies," Carol continued. "As to who will star nothing was said, but it was inferred that Spock was a must. But if they are bringing help from the future it leaves it open to star any and all of the STAR TREK casts from all the shows."

To read the full article, get the latest issue of STAR TREK Magazine at your local newstand.

This information is preliminary, of course, and entirely rumor.

If true, this is good news to the TOS fan since we might get to see the return of Spock. As it says in the article, it could also mean the return of the TNG crew or even DS9 or VOY or All. The possibilities are endless. If it spans two movies, it could be big

Very interesting, but doesn't that plot have alot in common with First Contact?

The timeline also contradicts what has been said about ST XI being set between Enterprise and TOS.

The last comments made by the ST Magazine reader regarding Spock and cast members from other series makes it sound more like the idea that Brent Spiner had talked about than anything said by TPTB or Erik Jendresen.

It sounds like just a fan idea, a bad fan idea. If it's set at 2010, then I predict it's going to be horrible.

Very interesting, but doesn't that plot have alot in common with First Contact?

344405[/snapback]

Thats the same thing i thought of when i read it :biggrin:

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that these people have no clue what is really going on. If Spock is a must then I doubt there will be no movie. Leonard Nimoy made it quite clear a few years ago that he has retired from acting.

they have traveled to the past in many many Trek episodes, not just in first contact. Not to mention that these things are just rumors anyway. But if they were true, I have no problem with seeing the return of TNG, VOY, DS9 cast together if they did decide to do it that way.

I've heard many rumors about Star Trek XI...and the only one that holds any water is the Romulan War plot. That's something a lot of us would like to see done. We never got to see a lot of the Rihannsu (Romulan) people, and the war would be a good way to explore their early relations with the Federation.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that these people have no clue what is really going on. If Spock is a must then I doubt there will be no movie. Leonard Nimoy made it quite clear a few years ago that he has retired from acting.

344539[/snapback]

Well, although it would be strange to see, there has been talk in the past of having young actors playing Spock and Kirk and the rest of the crew in a Starfleet Academy film, so it it wouldn't be unlikely to find a young actor playing a young Spock.

For that matter, they could bring back Tom Hardy of Nemesis to play Picard as a young cadet.

Whether that's a good idea or not is another story. The Trek universe is big enough to have new characters.

Hey I would not mind new charature, when TNG came out there were some thought that this show would not work that everyone was too use to the old charatures but the show was good and people like it I do I love it and seeing a new movie with new people I would pay to see as long it says STAR TREK on it I'm there. Now I grew up with TOS and TAS but I also love new things so bring it on lol.

Brian

It sounds like just a fan idea, a bad fan idea.  If it's set at 2010, then I predict it's going to be horrible.

344479[/snapback]

Especially considering that the last film set in 2010 was pretty much of a dud.

This plot is most likely bogus. It holds absolutely no basis in canon. WWIII ended in 2053 and there was no nuclear war before hand. And there is no way WWIII lasted 43 years. Quite frankly, whoever started this rumour just likes to hear themselves talk.

The Romulan War seems most likely considered Erik Jendresen has experience in war drama (Band of Brothers).

If they do a next movie PLEASSSSEEEEE do it right Thank you I feel better now lol

344675[/snapback]

Whatever movie that is coming out... it better be good. The survival of Trek might actually depend on it.